Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Idea for Shamans in Cata

Since shamans are in tuned with nature and we wont be getting any new elementals (i havent seen otherwise). Maybe would could get something like the druids are with there tree and have a spell that as resto turns us into a water elemental and increase healing and mana regen for 30secs and as elemental turns us in a lightning elemental which increases nature damage and crit for 30 secs

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Idea for Shamans in Cata

This would remove the Shaman class away from how they are unique, and also the uniqueness from the class with such abilities. Blizzard wants to add spells that requires dedication and has some fun, and not just something that gives you a buff, so that would be sucky aswell with this kind of spell. And this idea is wanted for every class, like some wanted a Holy form for Priests and some a form for Mages etc etc. So don't expect I am pretty sure it won't be added.

I absolutley would not mind a metamorphasis effect. I doubt we will ever get it, regardless, I'd love to see more done with elementals.

I want to see the shamans casting tornadoes, twisting the enemy and tossing him up dealing x% fall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut
    I want to see the shamans casting tornadoes, twisting the enemy and tossing him up dealing x% fall damage.
    /shrug, I'd take it, more elemental shit!

Imo, instead of elementals or forms, we should get "calls".

Call of earth: Reduced damage taken or healing when damage taken or something else (defensive)
    Call of fire: Could be all damage increased by some amount or crit chance increased or haste?
    Call of air: Increased speed for yourself or immune to slow effects or ability to jump 20yards up!
    Call of water: Could be mana regen thing. Maybe free spells or something like innervate (self only tho)
    and
    Call of duty!: Instantly logges you off and makes you kiss your gf!

You know... Shared cooldown for 5 of them. 10-15 sec duration...

Elementals are very boring. Doesnt really feel attached to my toon. I mean... I summon them and they do their own thing... It's like a mob agroed by my enemy. But these call would make me feel like elements back me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa

Call of earth: Reduced damage taken or healing when damage taken or something else (defensive)
    Call of fire: Could be all damage increased by some amount or crit chance increased or haste?
    Call of air: Increased speed for yourself or immune to slow effects or ability to jump 20yards up!
    Call of water: Could be mana regen thing. Maybe free spells or something like innervate (self only tho)
    and

Elementals are very boring. Doesnt really feel attached to my toon. I mean... I summon them and they do their own thing... It's like a mob agroed by my enemy. But these call would make me feel like elements back me up!
    No, unleash weapon will cover anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    This would remove the Shaman class away from how they are unique, and also the uniqueness from the class with such abilities.
    wat?

shamans are getting phased out in cata

everyone now has a buff to replace their totems, and they will still get the hybrid tax

the least blizzard could do is give shamans something fun

Quote Originally Posted by Polanco
    Since shamans are in tuned with nature and we wont be getting any new elementals (i havent seen otherwise). Maybe would could get something like the druids are with there tree and have a spell that as resto turns us into a water elemental and increase healing and mana regen for 30secs and as elemental turns us in a lightning elemental which increases nature damage and crit for 30 secs
    Here not you're destroying completely the idea of the shaman as a playable class, but also destroying the druid's uniqueness... I kinda find it lame. Would like some more shields or something though, maybe a PvP shield that slows enemies or something, but that would destroy Frost Mage's uniqueness... damn, everything fun is already taken.

But I do think something has to be done, to give Shamans more "taste" or whatever it's said in english, lately I've felt like a DK (I'm enh)

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    wat?

shamans are getting phased out in cata

everyone now has a buff to replace their totems, and they will still get the hybrid tax

the least blizzard could do is give shamans something fun
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59159

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    No, unleash weapon will cover anything like that.
    Unleash weapon will work with weapon buffs and it will effect targets. My post was about buff to be applied on caster. Like retallion-shield wall-recklessness trio.

Unleash weapon will work with weapon buffs and it will effect targets. My post was about buff to be applied on caster. Like retallion-shield wall-recklessness trio.
    I'm aware of what it does. But what you described is way to much for one ability, and it would have to be toned down a lot. The toned down version of your idea? Unleash weapons.

and

Call of Duty should be more along the lines of "Instantly calls in a nuclear warhead strike, destroying everyone and anyone in the area after 10 seconds." Then the shaman can ankh and all will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    I'm aware of what it does. But what you described is way to much for one ability, and it would have to be toned down a lot. The toned down version of your idea? Unleash weapons.
    Erm... No? First of all there are 4 of em...So not 1 ability.
    And toned down version of it wouldnt be unleash weapons... There is..."huge?" difference.

With your logic, fiery fire is toned down version of renew^^

make current shamans talents baseline=> earth shield, rip tide, wolves, thunderstorm, imp ghostwolf, frozen power, earthern power

and you have an average viable hybrid spec.

and give us replacements for the empy talent slots then ofc.

remove charges from lightning shield
    make buffing totems into spells

buff active totems, like tremor or earthbind, so putting down totems doesn´t feel like some sort of punishment anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    make current shamans talents baseline=> earth shield, rip tide, wolves, thunderstorm, imp ghostwolf, frozen power, earthern power

and you have an average viable hybrid spec.

Wow. Are you kidding me? Not only would the entire combination of that be completely IMBA in pvp, but it essentially defeats the purpose of speccing into a certain talent tree to begin with. All trees would be able to do the exact same thing as the rest. So no.

I agree that changing the buffing totems to just buffs would be nice. I know Blizzard wanted to make a totem do something cool and kind of a big deal. Right now we're not in that place, but there is still time to see what happens.

One word.

HADOKEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    Wow. Are you kidding me? Not only would the entire combination of that be completely IMBA in pvp
    Shaman are completely unimpressive when it comes to:

-decent baseline healing ( druids and priests have many hots/shields/dmg absorb stuff which they can use as shadow/feral/balance in pvp, enh/ele is stuck with non instant weak heals )
    a weaker version of earth shield and riptide for those two tree´s to use wouldn´t be overpowered at all.

-decent baseline support ( getting a enemy player of your healer, or as a heal getting a breather ) other classes have baseline charge/hamstring, death grip, scatter shot, stunlock/blind/sap/dismantle, shaman has nothing. to get something along those lines, you have to be elemental for imp earthbind or thunderstorm.

wolves are currently to stacked with to many good abilities and when you´re on cooldown you feel it the most.
    my idea would be to give wolves baseline without any abilities except dmg/heal ( lower than when enh uses them ) and a enh gets the sprint and wolves pounce and bash as separate abilities with slighlty increased cooldowns and the talent improved spirit wolves for more damage/heal, shorter cooldown maybe and longer duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    but it essentially defeats the purpose of speccing into a certain talent tree to begin with. All trees would be able to do the exact same thing as the rest. So no.
    a feral druid can switch into either tanking or dmg form, has a pounce, a sprint, stuns, stealth, increased walking speed/decreased dmg taken while stunned/decreased fear duration/increased heal received while in cat form and has also a bm like ability, the berserker aaaaaaand

all of that doesn´t hinder him to throw a instant cyclone, instant hot heals, innvervate, tranquility.
    that´s what we call good baseline abilities.

that´s much more than what i asked for, but they have it and nobody screams WAAAAAAAH SO OP

rogues, hunters, priests, mages... all the already fotm classes/specs get even worse in their pvp versatility, the only way for shaman to keep up is to give him some good baseline abilities.

of course if you look at the situation now, my suggestions seem op, but we dont know hot strong other classes/specs will be come cata, and we could always alter numbers.

putting some of the good-for-every-spec abilities on baseline, giving the respective trees an improved "name of talent", and giving them some good for both pve/pvp abilities, like

-giving elemental a new nuke instead of thunderstorm, maybe frost based with a synergy with frost shock.

-giving enhancement a new melee ability, maybe make stormstrike baseline, scrap the idea of primal strike and give us something new, like a damaging silence (2s) with medium cooldown ( 50s ).
    And dont tell me a windshock,bash,silence,windshock combo for 8 second lockout would be op, dk got 5 second silence plus interrupt + ghoul stun + ( if bloodelv ) 2 sec ae silence + interrupt

-giving resto a hot that jumps every few ticks and can get refreshed with chain heals or something.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account

Not to be totally rude or anything, BUT:

If you like all the druid stuff so much, why not reroll? :S

There's no need to homogenize (spelling?) all the classes to satisy a minority, where as some are pretty fine how the class works.

RONG WHIT DOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp
    If you like all the druid stuff so much, why not reroll? :S

There's no need to homogenize (spelling?) all the classes to satisy a minority, where as some are pretty fine how the class works.
    giving Druids maim => homogenisation
    giving rogues/hunters mortal strike => homogenisation
    distributing every single buff we´re able to provide among the other classes, including bloodlust => homogenisation

the "why dont you reroll" line is old, stupid, and outdated. as it currently stands homogenisation benefits only others but as soon as you ask for it in favor for the class having the least versatility, you´re bound to be wrong about the class you´ve chosen.

i mentioned feral druids because they are in the easiest to compare situation to us. they have a caster tree like us, they have a healer tree like us and they have a melee tree with additional tanking attributes. one would think a tanking form would be nice for pvp, but they continue to stack feral with all the awesome buff and seem to plan to make feral even more fotm: they want to give them a interrupt.

isn´t that homogenisation as well? if every melee is suddenly allowed to have a kick, why are we the only one not having a stun NOR a silence NOR a ms effect, and we´ll receive a nerf to dispell as well?

enh/ele suffer the hybrid tax but are denied (effective) selfheal in pvp
    resto is denied decent dmg from spells in comparison to the other healing specs
    shaman in general are denied baseline survivability/mobility/gap closer/versatility/decent cc