Deleted

[Eurovision Song Contest - 2010] Germany won!

Removed offensive text. Please continue discussion in a civil way.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: [Eurovision Song Contest - 2010] Germany won!

Such a terrible, terrible song. She should have sung it in Deutch, rather than trying to sing it in English.

Anyway, Eurovision 2010 sucked. However, one thing which was really amazing, and the best thing I've seen in Eurovision, was the Madcon - Glow part, where the audience danced, and people around the world danced - live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsuPqiCjyag
    Hi

Awful song.

WIll hopefully never need to listen to it again.

15+ Year Old Account

yeah, I think even now Germans want to avoid raising their arms anywhere past shoulder length. :P (sorry but it's an awkward picture).

This is like a music contest thing? sounds cool. I wish the US had more interaction with other countries.. It's like.. say hi to canada.. or mexico. /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    yeah, I think even now Germans want to avoid raising their arms anywhere past shoulder length. :P (sorry but it's an awkward picture).

This is like a music contest thing? sounds cool. I wish the US had more interaction with other countries.. It's like.. say hi to canada.. or mexico. /shrug.
    Then make this come true in the US

And yea, I didn't enjoy the song at all.. "satellite?" or w/e, Did not deserve to win in my ears
    Altho I don't like Eurovision Song Contet anymore, being way to much nowdays. Was better at the 90's.

And my country didn't even got to final.. 8)
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Watched Eurovision for the first time in a couple of year. Really surprised this won as I considered it extremely average. Heard worse, but definitely not deserving for the first place. Guess it's time to pass on that competition for another couple of years and try again.

Overall quality of the music wasn't that high with only few noticeable acts. I still grin when I think about that one song with lyrics taken straight from top 20 pop song while based on the costumes and performance you would've thought it was professional opera at the very least - or the love song with male dancers with open shirts dancing around. If it was supposed to be touching, that alone would've been enough to ruin it.

Silly Euros, Leave music to Justin Bieber

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Yes, because an Euro-US-flamewar is what we need right now... head->wall...
    I see no flame war; all I see about europe vs US so far is just wishing that the US had such awesome ties to other countries. If it comes to that, though, you can be sure this thread will be locked or deleted.

15+ Year Old Account

The States don't get a long :P It was a terrible system to establish.. Have one big country and then essentially allow little territories to operate under their own rules >.<

On-topic though is the Eurovision thing all kinds of music or just one particular type?

Jeez, seriously. Looking at the picture you posted makes me sick. I usually am not easily offended and do not have a problem with people making fun of germany's past and stuff, but this is just stupid. They raise their arms to cheer, and idiots like you have nothing better to do than intentionally taking a picture in the wrong moment to make it look offensive.
    Your comment sounds like your are german yourself, but i definately can't imagine any sane german to think of this as being funny.

Regarding the Eurovision: The best part definately was the eurodance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    On-topic though is the Eurovision thing all kinds of music or just one particular type?
    There is no specific type of music, every country can send a representative to compete. 5 Nations (last year's winner and the big four germany, france, spain and UK; the big four are the nations funding most of the show) are set by default. The rest has to pass the semi-finals. This year 39 Nations opted in and 25 were singing in the final show. Nethertheless all 39 Nations judge the songs in the end (50% through a national jury 50% though televoting).

What a fucking horrible song :/ Turkey should have won, but hey eurovision has been ruined because all the countries vote on their neighbours, not really exciting anymore ;p
    Trollbane EU, Argent Dawn EU & Bladefist EU

You backwards-living guys are really sad with your constant attempts to brand everything that comes from Germany as "Nazi".

It's a pretty cute girl, appears to have a great sense of humour, has a better understanding of the english language than the average english forum user here and you still go on with the same age-old prejudices. It's a modern country and as I said, the only backwards-living persons are you if you still try to impress with this shit that was maybe funny 30 years ago. Grow up.

The voting has much imrpoved since 2009. Though you still see ridiculous things like Russia giving 12 points to Belarus but in general the new "50% jury / 50% telephone votes" system improved the contest imo.

Also note how pretty much everyone tried to score with huge pyro technics and wind machines and boobs and stuff while Germany and Belgium focused on the *singer* without any special effects. Pwned I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account

I liked the Eurodance and where Lena was drunk at the end of the show and had forgotten she had to reprise her song ;D. Anyway Eurovision 2010 was not the best of years for songs on the whole. It was mostly ballads this year and there didn't even seem to be one daft entry that makes Eurovision worth watching. Just wish they'ld find a way to stop the bloc voting without throwing half of Eastern Europe out of the competition or even taking away televoting priviliges . Then Sir Terry Wogan might come back and do commentary.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I liked the contest this year and I liked Lena and her song. I never would have expected her to win, but we all had a blast here in Germany for sure. I think it's very poor sport to make fun of Lena's weird accent from people who probably don't speak a foreign language, like, at all. But well, it's tradition that ESC will always draw all the poor sports of all kinds like moths to the flame. Complain all you like...

...we owned you!!