Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: melee should be melee and ranged-ranged?

as a dk we dont have that much other than chains and death coil thats effectiv over long range if DG is on cd. and we have to be carrefull when to use Dg target doesnt just bounce back or shoots me away. but if you are over 8k i cant finish you off with ranged. (im engi so i can give an extra 3k 40 yard ranged rocket /flex )

icy touch was only the main damage spell for an entire season.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by goetz401
    ... should ranged classes be given useful melee abilities to counter the ranged ones that melee have been getting? ...
    very true good sir, here is 2 internets for you. i dont even know what that shit is about exacly???

Actually what he said is that melee classes have abilities to attack him at range, so he as a ranged class wants an ability to attack the melee in melee range, which is completely illogical. All spells can be cast at melee range, at any range actually, and also as so many people have said there are many ways to escape from melee, like entangling roots, natures grasp, cyclone, and typhoon. The ranged attacks from melee classes should not be that much of a problem for you honestly, hammer of wrath is only when you're almost dead, deadly throw doesnt do that much dmg, etc.

and specifically i have travel form. that is oddly countered by too many new melee ranged moves. idk, maybe balance just needs more help against melee.
    An issue with escaping as balance is that if you shift into travel form to escape, and if you get caught by just about any ability, you are cat meat. This is because you'll be going from about 20k armor to 5k armor in an instant.
    Resto druids have a talent that increases their Travel and Tauren/Elf form armor, but Balance do not. Timing your escape at the wrong moment can be fatal, so you can almost never escape against a rogue or warrior who can play decently.

You can still try to abuse CC but it won't guarantee you a win.

or should ranged classes be given useful melee abilities to counter the ranged ones that melee have been getting? im pretty tired of trying to kite melee with new ranged crap like silences, dmg, snares etc... when will i get a melee tool to punish them for coming into melee range?
    The irony, you're a boomkin who cries about melee having some ranged attacks (that most have cds attached to them), while you have:
    - Typhoon;
    - Entangling Roots;
    - Cyclone;
    - the ability to instantly dispell all roots/snares effects on you.

Using them correctly can grant you a lot of distance between you and your foe.

Nature's Grasp + Travel form.

And that's just one of about 30 different ways a druid has to kite.

im pretty tired of trying to kite melee with new ranged crap like silences, dmg, snares etc... when will i get a melee tool to punish them for coming into melee range?
    While it may get repetative it is how your class deals with melee classes. Giving you a way to, "punish" melee for entering your deadzone would be unfair. You have many defensive abilities for players in your deadzone but it would take away the point of a ranged class if you could perform well as melee too.

I suggest if you are bored of it then reroll and get a feel for a different class.

A boomkin bitching about melee? You do realize everyone's getting smart and tunnel visioning the chicken hiding in back because starfall is the most op thing in pvp since postbc prewotlk ret pallys right? It's tunnel that chicken down or starfall kills your entire group. You have plenty of tools, your just getting owned because people are tired of 2 boomkins killing 10 people with just 1 button press.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios
    Ranged have so much shit to get out of melee, are you sure you aren't just playing well? No offense.. Also, are you using PVP gear?
    Let's play a game. Why don't you list every ability that ranged have to get away, then I'll list every ability that melee have to close the gap. wutusay?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    Let's play a game. Why don't you list every ability that ranged have to get away, then I'll list every ability that melee have to close the gap. wutusay?
    Since he's a balance druid:

Typhoon
    Cyclone
    Entangling Roots
    Nature's Grasp
    Travel Form
    Bear bash
    Kitty maim
    Kitty stealth

Against a DK: Spammable travel form. No matter what a DK does, he won't be able to effectively close the gap for long.
    Against a rogue: Make sure you're jumping when he's stealhed, with nature's grasp on. Hopefully he'll hit you in mid air, and be out of range while you're sitting there stunned and he's in a roots. This only works once in a while, and not very often against smart rogues. But man, is it hilarious when it does happen.
    Against a warrior: USe the same strat when they're about to charge as a rogue, use the same strat against a DK when they try to hamstring you.
    Against a feral druid: Well, not really much you can do. But the GCD he has to spend to powershift out and back in while he gets rooted from travel form should be enough. Feral charge has a 30 second cooldown, so.
    Ret paladin: A little tough, since he has judgement of the just. But he can't close the gap outside of HoJ, if you're 5-6 yards ahead of him while kiting him. Is he on you? Cyclone him, run away, pew pew run pew pew run.

Honestly, there is no reason a druid should bitch about not being able to get away from anyone. We are seriously the best kiting class in the game, bar none. Not even hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Since he's a balance druid:

Against a DK: Spammable travel form. No matter what a DK does, he won't be able to effectively close the gap for long.
    Against a rogue: Make sure you're jumping when he's stealhed, with nature's grasp on. Hopefully he'll hit you in mid air, and be out of range while you're sitting there stunned and he's in a roots. This only works once in a while, and not very often against smart rogues. But man, is it hilarious when it does happen.
    Against a warrior: USe the same strat when they're about to charge as a rogue, use the same strat against a DK when they try to hamstring you.
    Against a feral druid: Well, not really much you can do. But the GCD he has to spend to powershift out and back in while he gets rooted from travel form should be enough. Feral charge has a 30 second cooldown, so.
    Ret paladin: A little tough, since he has judgement of the just. But he can't close the gap outside of HoJ, if you're 5-6 yards ahead of him while kiting him. Is he on you? Cyclone him, run away, pew pew run pew pew run.

Honestly, there is no reason a druid should bitch about not being able to get away from anyone. We are seriously the best kiting class in the game, bar none. Not even hunters.
    Forgot desicrated earth or whatever it is that dk's put down with plague strike, druids not goin anywhere even in travel form.

Not sure what you meant by a dk's hamstring.... figured it was just a typo but couldn't figure out what you were meaning.

And, and a warrior can spell reflect natures grasp which is lol imo

Forgot desicrated earth or whatever it is that dk's put down with plague strike, druids not goin anywhere even in travel form.

Not sure what you meant by a dk's hamstring.... figured it was just a typo but couldn't figure out what you were meaning.

And, and a warrior can spell reflect natures grasp which is lol imo
    Desicrated earth is about a 6 yard radius. Cyclone the DK, run out. And I meant, when a warrior hamstrings you you can just power shift to travel form like when a DK CoI's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Desicrated earth is about a 6 yard radius. Cyclone the DK, run out. And I meant, when a warrior hamstrings you you can just power shift to travel form like when a DK CoI's you.
    True, but they can have 3 of them down at 1 time which is stupid... I guess in duels it would be easier to position than in arena when they are wrapped around the pillar you are trying to get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Joarrak
    Actually what he said is that melee classes have abilities to attack him at range, so he as a ranged class wants an ability to attack the melee in melee range, which is completely illogical. All spells can be cast at melee range, at any range actually, and also as so many people have said there are many ways to escape from melee, like entangling roots, natures grasp, cyclone, and typhoon. The ranged attacks from melee classes should not be that much of a problem for you honestly, hammer of wrath is only when you're almost dead, deadly throw doesnt do that much dmg, etc.
    not illogical. i have friggin huge antlers. wtb an ability that gores melee in range. yeah i do have spells that i can cast, but i don't have any instant nuke like sw:d, fire blast, barrage, etc to get them without having to cast 1-2 seconds with the risk of interruption.

Isn't the "melee tool to punish them for coming into melee range" the fact that your abilities are melee, and thus you're now able to hurt them? ???

My face hit the desk with this one. So what you are saying is that ranged should get more abilities to stop melles from getting into melle range, thus making them redundant is that right? Sir, do you even play this game? I play as a ret in PvP and I can tell you that the most annoying thing that I encounter are ranged that know their way around their class because i know that i'm going to get stunned/silenced/feared/DOTed/LOLFACEROLLERGOTFACEROLLED.
    Learn to play or get the hell out of WoW, your stupidity is making me lose my faith in humanity.
    Have a nice day =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx
    My face hit the desk with this one. So what you are saying is that ranged should get more abilities to stop melles from getting into melle range, thus making them redundant is that right? Sir, do you even play this game? I play as a ret in PvP
    Have a nice day =)
    In this topic, I stopped reading here

In this topic, I stopped reading here
    I'm a casual get over it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx
    My face hit the desk with this one. So what you are saying is that ranged should get more abilities to stop melles from getting into melle range, thus making them redundant is that right? Sir, do you even play this game? I play as a ret in PvP and I can tell you that the most annoying thing that I encounter are ranged that know their way around their class because i know that i'm going to get stunned/silenced/feared/DOTed/LOLFACEROLLERGOTFACEROLLED.
    Learn to play or get the hell out of WoW, your stupidity is making me lose my faith in humanity.Have a nice day =)
    ahh, I'll bite.

No, he's saying that melee should have to be in melee range to do damage. ie hammer of wrath and judgements for you. And I agree. Melee have enough utilites to get into swing range without having ranged attacks such as death coil, icy touch (or whatever it is), heroic throw, instant lightning bolt for enh shamans, shocks for enh, etc. While when a caster has a melee on him (with exxeption of a mage it's pretty much all the time) we can't do anything. We start a cast, and if it's not interrupted and we're locked out of that school for 5 seconds, they just jump through us at the last seconds negating the cast. Being locked out of your school is like being disarmed for 5 second, and most interrupts are between 6-10 sec cd. So just imagine being disarmed for 5 seconds every 10 seconds... would that be fair?

Learn to read or get the hell off the forums