Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Single Minded Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmi
    I originally started playing WoW and eventually made a warrior because I watched my friend play his warrior during TBC, I've always seen warriors as the sort of fast, bloodlust, in your face slashing you to pieces characters. Swinging 2handers has been very fun but for me I've always preferred the 1handers, it just looks more epic when attacking in my opinion.
    I felt the same way when I leveled my warrior, but sadly that 1h fast-swinging pwn-looking role is now taken by Enchancement shamans :/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

All of ya will agree that 2h weapon Models are not even designed for Titan's grip ;D.and u can see on the ss that war with 2x1h looks much more epic than wearing your 2h "Hammer and Sickle" hidden 1/2 underground even when they are @ ur back non combat mode

Only going Single Minded Fury if it does more DPS. If it does...WTB Strength Fist weapons. pst.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Single minded fury is going to scale really badly, in the end i wouldnt be suprised if TG came out on top with a decent amount of haste it just seems like somthing that would be only be viable at low gear levels

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69
    Single minded fury is going to scale really badly, in the end i wouldnt be suprised if TG came out on top with a decent amount of haste it just seems like somthing that would be only be viable at low gear levels
    How in hell would you have even the slightest idea already?

Classes using dual 1handers: (axes, maces, swords)
    -Enhancement shaman
    -Combat rogue (axes/swords/maces only apply to combat)
    -Hunters (too bad, they are).
    -Frost DK's

Classes using 2handers: (staves/polearms don't count)
    -Arms/Fury (currently) warriors
    -Unholy/Blood DK
    -Ret Pally
    -Hunters

Classes rolling for 1 handers: (axes, swords, maces)
    -Rogues
    -Shaman
    -Hunter (seriously, a lot of them do it, so get over it)
    -Warrior (tanking still counts)
    -Frost DK
    -Pally (tanking still counts)

Classes rolling for 2 handers: (staves/polearm rule still applies)
    -Arms/Fury
    -Unholy/Blood DK
    -Ret Pally
    -Hunters

My point in bringing any of this up, is that even though it's "cool" to dual wield 2 handers, it would be nearly impossible to edit the fury tree to include 1 handers as well. They can only do one or the other, unless they want to make the fury talent tree a have mile long tooltips and look like sh!t. (imagine every talent looking like shadow form + improved shadow form!) They need to make a decision which one they want fury warriors to use - and depending on their answer, they will need to open up the option for 2 handers to another class (my vote is for Enh shammy, screw off if you have a problem with that!).

It's bad enough that us hunters roll on stuff that a lot of people don't think we need, imagine the fury warr who specced both single minded + titans grip, rolling on everything that drops "because he can use it!".

If they decide to keep TG and leave it at that, I would like to see some weapon designs more aimed at looking good when dual wielded (longer is nice, but more girth would look more appropriate).

Quote Originally Posted by Blix
    You can Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and heal.

Seriously, let vanilla go.
    "You can wield 2-handers in one hand.

Seriously, let BC go."

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86

(longer is nice, but more girth would look more appropriate).
    That's what she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

it would be nearly impossible to edit the fury tree to include 1 handers as well.
    Nope. Single Minded Fury should be enough. It's not like the Fury tree is based around dealing damage with two-handers, only Titan's Grip focuses on that.

It's bad enough that us hunters roll on stuff that a lot of people don't think we need, imagine the fury warr who specced both single minded + titans grip, rolling on everything that drops "because he can use it!".
    PuGs. If there's a slight chance they might win an item they're going to Need it. It's not like it makes a difference anyway, you should either be running with a competent raider leader or join a guild to keep it from happening in raids, but it's not going to hurt you in a 5-man.

If you want to wield two 1h's and do a bunch of fast attacks with them....why not just play a rogue.. :\
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

1 Handed Fury is the way to go. If I ever return to it I'll be certain to do 2 1 handers. Been like that in Vanilla, so I will be like that in Cata. ;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    If you want to wield two 1h's and do a bunch of fast attacks with them....why not just play a rogue.. :\
    Because I fucking hate rogues with a passion, that's why.

1h all the way, for my fury warrior and my upcoming dwarf enhancement shaman.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradar

1h all the way, for my fury warrior
    same here dude, there was no better time while lvling my warrior than the time when i was dual wielding Phantom Blade's enchanted with mongoose. still have them in my bank and they will stay there

Quote Originally Posted by Maradar

1h all the way, for my fury warrior and my upcoming dwarf enhancement shaman.
    i support your enthusiasm for 1hs

so just for you, if you ever decide to try it: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LhrhbfctL0bRzGbiZhxj0V0z

some notes on it:
    yes its primarily arms but testing on PTR shows it to be better than http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LN0hzfZhxe0VVu0eRVzA (but i advise using this one if you need hit otherwise use http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LhrhbfctL0bRzGbrZhxj0V0u )

the primarily arms build works best when you have an axe in the MH and either mace or sword in the OH (basically move the 4 points to whichever wep you have that is better... so if you have a mace, mace spec; if you have a sword, sword spec)

unlike traditional arms, this spec does NOT use slam (unless you choose the primarily fury build and use it on instants)

and remember.. this is just something i was playing around with and i dont advise raiding with any of these specs... that being said... you will more than likely need a lot of hit gear to make this work
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Would be awesome to try sometime.
    I'm already hoping for slow 1h's in my raids and that I can roll for em :P
    Not only to try a 1h spec now, but also for upcoming Cata
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Nothing can come close to the awesomeness that is 1 handed fury. Need proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Frost 2h is about as viable as 2h enhance. So there ya go, they do allow it.

It just blows.

Now we just need support for staff warriors.
    YES! They totally need to make an arena battle staff with strength. I'd use it since weap specs will be gone.