Confused about elemental items :(

Hello everyone!

I just started playing my shaman again and decided to be elemental, it's lots of fun but the one problem i seem to have is all the mail stuff which is for people using spells has mp5 on it ???

My question is though am i supposed to use that? Because i haven't seen any mail without it on, i know elemental shamans don't need mp5 so it must be for restoration shamans, where is all the elemental stuff?

sorry i forgot to mention i've just started doing the icecrown citadel raid

thanks!

Re: Confused about elemental items :(

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X
    Hello everyone!

I just started playing my shaman again and decided to be elemental, it's lots of fun but the one problem i seem to have is all the mail stuff which is for people using spells has mp5 on it ???

My question is though am i supposed to use that? Because i haven't seen any mail without it on, i know elemental shamans don't need mp5 so it must be for restoration shamans, where is all the elemental stuff?

thanks!
    It's really annoying to find gear that is perfect for Elemental. Pretty much all of the non-set epics off of vendors are made for Resto because they have Mp5. You really don't need the Mp5 at all but in Cataclysm the Mp5 on gear will be turned into spirit and we'll get a talent that turns spirit into hit, or so Blizzard said multiple times.
    If you're doing 5-man heroics, your best option would be to get the t9 that's made for Elemental from the vendor on the eastern wing of the Argent Tournament. The gloves and shoulders are 30 Emblems of Triumph and the other 3 pieces are 50.
    In terms of getting Elemental gear from Heroics/Raids, it takes some patience to get the right gear but Elemental is amazingly fun in PvE and PvP. Good luck :]

Thank you very much Yseran! ;D

I am still using a bit of healing stuff but i still do ok damage, i think i'll go back to doing more heroics.. gosh they are boring.

Thanks again

Deleted

Elemental with no Mp5 is just as annoying to gear as is Enhance with no ArP.

basically you want as much tier as possible, cuz thats designed for us. Also, the 264belt from frost emblems is nice, no mp5. Other than that for the most part you need to mix in leather/cloth/pvp items for no mp5 gear. Gl
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

i would advice you to get the 245 cloth bracers(boe) http://www.wowhead.com/item=47585
    and what the poster above me said> cloth mail and leather without spirit(and the 264 pvp cloak is awesome aswell)
    you are doomed to wait till you find a group that is willing to let you roll on cloth

Im getting close to have Best in Slot gear, and as you can see, I have 2 pieces of cloth. But the thing is you can get full elemental gear with itemlvl ~264 with only mail items. Crafted pants/boots, emblem waist, the bracers I have (I think those are from festergut or rotface 25) and rest teir10 parts and bam you'll have full elemental gear without mp5

//Ishi
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!