Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    10 minutes?

Not enough time to cyber on RP servers.
    could get extended time by profession with some other trade off
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: New Idea to: Player Housing

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuko
    I don't see why people so badly want housing in world of warcraft? I don't see the "cool" thing about it. Someone enlighten me please!
    Thats basically the question I asked. Why do people think that they need housing? No one has attempted to answer my question, because there is no intelligent answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Which makes the houses another useless token thing sold from the blizzard store as a token with 10 hour cooldown.

This isn't Runescape get out of here with your faggotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor

Carpentry- is a secondary profession, designed to build furniture models, and blue print layouts that are discovered throughout the world.
    ----------------------------------
    You've been playing Ultima Online I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by nicator
    Which makes the houses another useless token thing sold from the blizzard store as a token with 10 hour cooldown.
    Oh gawd... now that you mention it... that would be the most likely thing they would do to ever implement this ingame. And I will laugh at every player that would get one.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    This isn't Runescape get out of here with your faggotry.
    HEY! runescape is a great game! (if your 6 :P)
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes

Deleted

Last time i checked this was World of Warcraft... not The Sims

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi
    Last time i checked this was World of Warcraft... not The Sims
    If people keep mentioning The Sims it will give ideas to other people...
    "Why dont we have to make our characters go to the bathroom? How come our characters dont have to eat regularly, but only when they are fighting? Why are there not player showers?.......etc"

15+ Year Old Account

It doesn't really add anything worthwhile to the game in my opinion. I can see myself setting it up once, looking around and never using it again. I can't see anyone wanting to visit it nor could I see myself visiting anyone's.

Blizzard should be focused on improving classes and continuing to push out new content to keep people happy. They should not be wasting time making clubhouses that no one will use. If you're in-game you should be raiding, pvping, farming or otherwise playing the game. Not sitting in a playhouse.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie
    It doesn't really add anything worthwhile to the game in my opinion. I can see myself setting it up once, looking around and never using it again. I can't see anyone wanting to visit it nor could I see myself visiting anyone's.

Blizzard should be focused on improving classes and continuing to push out new content to keep people happy. They should not be wasting time making clubhouses that no one will use. If you're in-game you should be raiding, pvping, farming or otherwise playing the game. Not sitting in a playhouse.

Nothing worthwhile was added since patch 3.1 for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Physcosis of Bleeding Hollow
    Thats basically the question I asked. Why do people think that they need housing? No one has attempted to answer my question, because there is no intelligent answer.
    because there is no direct answer other than for Fun

which you will not accept.

Why add more Classes?
    Why more races?

cause it new and fun....................
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

So, this is only like 3884371891734987139487198347981437981739487329 thread on this.

Player housing is a stupid, terrible, idiotic, moronic idea and it will never be implemented because even Blizzard knows how stupid, terrible, idiotic, and moronic it is.

so,
    So,
    SO,
    stupid.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's a waste of time.

I'd rather them developing real content. We have enough cosmetics in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie
    If you're in-game you should be raiding, pvping, farming or otherwise playing the game. Not sitting in a playhouse.
    I agree. In fact, why not introduce the Battleground Report AFK function outside Battlegrounds too? If someone isn't involved in combat, they're obviously not playing the game. Or maybe it should just be automated, like a function that logs out people at random unless they engage in combat within 30 seconds. Good idea! You have my vote!

Or, without the sarcasm, don't tell people how they should be playing the game. Seriously. You don't need to worry about how other people find their fun, I'm rather certain they can take care of it without your help.

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex
    So, this is only like 3884371891734987139487198347981437981739487329 thread on this.

Player housing is a stupid, terrible, idiotic, moronic idea and it will never be implemented because even Blizzard knows how stupid, terrible, idiotic, and moronic it is.

so,
    So,
    SO,
    stupid.
    Then dont take part in it.
    Is it game breaking for you not to join?

No.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    because there is no direct answer other than for Fun

which you will not accept.

Why add more Classes?
    Why more races?

cause it new and fun....................
    Each class added makes the game more dynamic along with creating the ability to play the game a different way. When adding more classes you have to decide which role they will play in raids and instances, along with how will they change the game for the better and for the worse.

Races also allow another dynamic to the game through racial abilities, though some may be more important than other racials they still have a purpose, whether or not one player finds better use for an ability than another is something blizzard cannot control.

With player housing it adds: another Profession(usually good) but turns into being a money sink. Blizzard would also have to consider will this ingame... perk.. be worth our time? Will players actually use player housing continually?

And honestly like i stated before, it may be cool for the first couple days but in the end its a waste of player resources and blizzards time. Runescape is an example of pointless ingame housing. It was mad expensive, it had a huge level of popularity, and now, essentially dead. Except not only will this happen if WoW were to get ingame housing but considering there is a much different audience (in many aspects) that plays WoW that no one would waste there time in a player house except you and the other people who have suggested player housing. (Which in a short amount of time you will realize it seems alot cooler on paper but once implemented into a game where you are supposed to interact with the ingame world, it doesnt work out because there is nothing to do in a player house, that will improve your character or keep you busy for long.)

Quote Originally Posted by Physcosis of Bleeding Hollow

And honestly like i stated before, it may be cool for the first couple days but in the end its a waste of player resources and blizzards time............ Except not only will this happen if WoW were to get ingame housing but considering there is a much different audience (in many aspects) that plays WoW that no one would waste there time in a player house except you and the other people who have suggested player housing. (Which in a short amount of time you will realize it seems alot cooler on paper but once implemented into a game where you are supposed to interact with the ingame world, it doesnt work out because there is nothing to do in a player house, that will improve your character or keep you busy for long.)
    To answer the question you posed at first, why? The enjoyment of the players who want it. Just like acheviements, or vanity pets or titles. They serve no other purpose then to make the player enjoy the game and be able to show what he/she has done TO THOSE WHO WANT TO SEE IT. You wouldn't have to go into anyones house. You may have to see a portal in a doorway somewhere in stormwind, oh noes the world is ending lol.

So now, along those lines. Why not be able to make a Chair out of the remains of Mimirons Head? Make a couch out of Sindragosa's spine? Make a bookcase out of a treants trunk? None server a purpose in game, you wouldn't have to see it because it would be in a player house.

If you've played EQ2 or SWG, you'd see that player housing is something a person may want to work on instead of sitting in Battlegrounds all day or Raiding ICC.

I am a Raider, and a Carebear. I'd like to be able to Raid ICC, maybe take one of the big Skellies that pop when you set a trap off, take it's ribcage and make a Bookcase out of it for my deathknight's house. Again, none of that would effect someone who didn't want to see it. (aside from having to wait possibly 10 seconds while someone harvested/looted/skinned the skellie).

To the portion i quoted, who are you to tell me what's a waste of my time? No offense, but that's my choice if i want to spend my time working on decorating a virtual house with a plant i cut from the head of a treant in Nexus. The ONLY way it would effect other players is that you wouldn't have 20+ people standing around spamming /2 Trade with a bunch of BS or trying to open trade/using X annoying toy to make people dance/laugh/cry.

Honestly, unless you've never gone out of your way to do a single acheivment,get a vanity pet or anything fun which doesn't improve your charater in anyway, you are being a Hypocrite. The only difference from the acheivment system to the player housing would be more effort to design the graphics of the items and the player housing. Thats it. (i understand coding to, yes yes )

@the OP, please re word the title. It really isn't a new discussion, i highly doubt we'll ever see it in WoW. Although i'm far from against it

@everyone whining about "take it back to X game".Blow me, like you've never done something in a game purely for your mental enjoyment that had no real impact on the game itself.

So suggestion for those who do want to see it, A random item you can drop in certain areas? Gotta go with no on that one. To easy to exploit, cause server issues (latency which leads to dubious trade exploits) and otherwise be a hinderance to players who may not want to see it.

Here's the suggestion, Pick a random couple of door ways in Stormwind (or whichever city you'd prefer). Those are the instance portals to "Your house". Players would have to be grouped with you or given permission just like a guild bank had access. Friends list would have access, they could wander around, effect some items (games/puzzles) but couldn't remove. There's a lot of possibilities that go along with it. Items that drop or can be purchased can be displayed in the house. You got Rhok'delar back in the day as your hunter? Hang it on the wall with Lok'delar. You aren't using that old Tier 1 set? Park it in the corner and show it off.

There's a lot of options that wouldn't even effect other's, but would increase the game to other's who, either can't or don't, raid. the game becoming more geared to casuals, this option isn't to far down on the casuals wishlist.

I use to play SWG when it frist came out and they had a class called...Ranger i think, but anyways it had an ability to set up a camp for u to do stuff with. I.E. for wow you camp would include an anvil, forge, mana loom, camp fire maybe a vender or two..stuff like that. I think that would be a better change then player housing. Hell maybe they could let you log out and get dubble exp from the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Foamybeers
    I use to play SWG when it frist came out and they had a class called...Ranger i think, but anyways it had an ability to set up a camp for u to do stuff with. I.E. for wow you camp would include an anvil, forge, mana loom, camp fire maybe a vender or two..stuff like that. I think that would be a better change then player housing. Hell maybe they could let you log out and get dubble exp from the thing?
    Oh and the argument about loosing the MMO feel....I deal enough with idiots while raiding, randoms, BG's, Trade Chat..sometimes i just want to chill with meh bros......and hoes.

/brofist
    /hoefist