Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: New Idea to: Player Housing

Give it to engineers and let them upgrade it to have food/water on the table (mage table), food buff in the fridge, maybe a cozy lodging buff for 40 yards.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Aw, comeone. What is the point of vanity pets then?

I like the idea.

but I would like it better if its permanent.

They would implement it like they implemented Guild banks, only take it one [hundred] step[.s] further.

Can only be built outside of major cities - think Durotar.
    Need [high number of guild members] - 300+ ?
    Need [extreme amount of gold] - 1-2 mil gold?
    Need a certain amount of maintenance fee's and mats. - 5k a month, +ore+cloth
    Can take Seige damage - saronite bomb raid!
    Upgrade-able - Fligth master, portals, vendors etc.

good in theory.
    It's just a game.

Deleted

I have seen many people asking why it should be added the Player Housing in WoW and also other people who simply criticize the idea and insult to those who advocate its implementation.

However, the reason to introduce the Player Housing in WoW is very simple: having a private home is merely one facet of a RPG, so that the person identifies with the character, feeling different from others taking something of his and nobody else.

Yet, the fact that there are people who do not understand or who are limited to scrap the idea without more, is because for them (a large majority of current players) the WoW is just an arcade game, with no other further incentive except improving their character to infinity and kill everything that they can kill. But there are other people that are not as simplistic and go beyond that, are those who enjoy the RPG feature of WoW and excite the stories that take place on it.

To Blizzard: WoW lately has become a simple MMO and has ceased to be the MMORPG that was, every day that passes it loses RPG characteristics, is more homogenized and becomes in a simple arcade game. Now, Blizzard has two options, or continues to transform the WoW in an arcade game, or moves towards the RPG, and the Player Housing in WoW could add a touch of role in the game.

Speaking of personal experience from RuneScape, this is the absolutely worst idea Blizzard ever came up with, second to the 3.2-3.3 Emblem system ofc.
    Player owned houses is fun for 3 days, then forgotten.

So, No Blizz, NO!
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Cracks me up, not one person here can give a solid reason against player housing. I'm not talking about personal "i've got my panties in a twist" reasons. Give us a GAME impacting reason.

I keep typing a response to all those who say "go play X game if you want housing", but it's not even worth feeding the trolls......

go play runescape lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiiro
    Cracks me up, not one person here can give a solid reason against player housing. I'm not talking about personal "i've got my panties in a twist" reasons. Give us a GAME impacting reason.

I keep typing a response to all those who say "go play X game if you want housing", but it's not even worth feeding the trolls......
    server lag.
    It's just a game.

IMO make player housing a raid or pvp only guild addition.

Make it so that materials for a house cost parts from end bosses on hardmodes. So the regular guilds would have housing and get to experience it. But the high level guilds would have the Plans and Schematics for a sky light, telescope, fireplace, and a basement. Chandelier schematic should be something that would drop from an end boss and then the materials would have to be an insane amount so that it would literally be something that the entire guild could make together. Instead of making Mason-try or Carpentry an actual profession, make it so that there is a goblin at the guild bank that will essentially make what ever you want for you when you bring him the materials. You would have to level him up as a guild but everyone would have access to contributing at any time. Schematics obtained by anyone in the guild would train this one guy to make stuff and the mason stays within the guild at all times. The fact that there could be a loooong quest chain and a 25,000-30,000 gold deposit for your first house would keep people from just creating them at will. Good enough houses would have: Free repairs, arena masters, teleports to special areas, the ability to bring in someone outside of the guild (every player could bring 2 people at a time), a guild hall that displays all of their achievements, a private chef that could cook anything, special things on timers (fireworks, disco balls, etc...). Again the start up for a house would just be a guild motivated enough to level up their carpenter,do a quest chain (13-15 parts, with raid bosses as some prereqs), and then raise the gold for the initial building fee.

I think this idea is more appropirate to a "tent" like item.
    It has a 30min CD, builds a tent for you, where your health and mana regen extra fast...you get rested xp while in te tent. It increases your cooking and first aid skill by 10.
    All crafts and other proffesion related cast bars are 20% faster. Spending atleast 30 seconds in your house increasses your total stats by 5% for 15 min.
    You can empty your bags into a small box (20 slots) thats only accessable when at the bank or in your tent.
    LAsts for 2 minutes. Instant log out when inside one of these (unless in combat)
    Cannot be used in combat, in arena, bg, instances, wintergraps( during battles)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

The usual point to player housing in other games is to show off your rare shit. Whatever that may be. With the way wow is setup there is no way to show off your rare loot or pets or mounts or anything unless you are wearing it or riding it or have it out. So player housing would all be the same with a bed and a table with no decorations or anything. Yeah thats worthwhile alright >.>

Plenty of inns for you to cyber in elsewhere.

Now changing the /camp macro to build a tent for you to log out in (only works outside and not in cities or instances) for double experience without having to get to an inn WOULD be a good implementation.

imagine if the houses had hp and were atackable wouldnt that bring ur precious world pvp back?
    /ra oh shit my house is beeing atacked brb need to def it
    would be fun ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    server lag.
    Yes, because a single player moving a desk or hanging an old rifle on the wall causes as many coding problems and latency as people jumping around outside the banks shooting off random fireworks/rockets/pets. The sheer number of people queue'ing with the LFG tool most likely causes more server latency (think cross server) then an instanced housing area may.

Sorry, but server lag wouldn't be caused by an instanced zone anymore then what happens now with people just standing around.

Oh wait, i know how to make people happy. Make it so a single rogue could stealth in and kill people while they are in their houses. All these naysayers will agree to it when they can grief people.......

Just no. what is this runescape ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    So player housing would all be the same with a bed and a table with no decorations or anything. Yeah thats worthwhile alright >.>
    Yes ,because that's all this envolves. Give us our own Inn... /facepalm.

Had you read the rest of the posts, you'd have seen that he (and others including myself) have suggested being able to use old gear/weapons or even make furniture out of in game items, to furnish those houses.

There's a bigger idea out there then some people seem to get.

Just throwing this out there:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Player_housing
    Blizzard's responses to Player Housing, there is more, but it requires a lot of Blue-post sifting.

Also, I would like to point out that a few of the Developers for WoW used to work on Ultima Online, which also included player housing. And I would also like to add that Player Housing has existed in mmoRPGS for quite some time before whatever this Runescape is, Player housing is extremely popular in roleplaying games.... It's another form of player immersion into gameplay. Granted I would not like to see a feature like this turned into a needed necessity for raiding or pvp (Aka smashing player/npc face). However, I don't see the problem of throwing some optional variety into the game either, as just a way to personalize your own little corner of Azeroth.

Though... On a side note, Guild Vs Guild battles would be pretty epic, if guild halls were ever implemented.

i wish they could somehow be a way for player housing, its cool.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    I think this idea is more appropirate to a "tent" like item.
    It has a 30min CD, builds a tent for you, where your health and mana regen extra fast...you get rested xp while in te tent. It increases your cooking and first aid skill by 10.
    All crafts and other proffesion related cast bars are 20% faster. Spending atleast 30 seconds in your house increasses your total stats by 5% for 15 min.
    You can empty your bags into a small box (20 slots) thats only accessable when at the bank or in your tent.
    LAsts for 2 minutes. Instant log out when inside one of these (unless in combat)
    Cannot be used in combat, in arena, bg, instances, wintergraps( during battles)
    This very interesting idea you propose reminds me of something.

In the alpha of the vanilla WoW there was a secondary profession called Survival. This profession allowed, among other things, to make various types of campfires, making torches to illuminate the dark places or even to build tents in the open air to rest.

However, Blizzard decided that this profession was not interesting and added the ability to create campfires to the cooking profession, but dismissed the idea of setting up tents and torches. In fact, with the disappearance of the torches was avoided implementing the ambient light in the game, so in the game there is currently no area where you are in the dark: there is no light environment, Blizzard decided not to implement it.