Poll: What the best class in duels? Excluding healers!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Best class in duels?

Im saying Affliction lock

i think rogues there awesome ^.^

affliction warlocks 1st,
    frost mages are 2nd,
    rogues (specc depending on enemy) 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    To be honest I think duels between the best players are FAR more relevant than between a rogue and a ret pally, where the ret pally trinket sap, bubbles gouge and doesn't know that HoF can remove stuns and the rogue is specced 57 points in assassination and using shiv as the main combo point builder with anesthetic and mindnumbing poison on his weapons.
    Mmhm, if we are considering average joes than its going to be a toss up every time depending on who the worse player is. Seeing what the best can perform with their class can show potential/
    OT: Frost Mage

I'm a pretty average player...so take this only as a piece of the puzzle. I'm not sure if this is how it should be, but on my shadow priest, there are really only a handful of specs i worry about. First, and foremost, is an affliction lock. I feel like i always get my ass handed to me by an affliction lock. Second is an arms warrior. I still win over 50% of the time. But, with ArP and good gear, I take a serious amount of damage. And, because of their mechanics, you pretty much have to juke a VT free. Third, good DK's can give me a lot of trouble. abolish disease doesn't help nearly as much as I'd like it to. And, if they save their gnaw for the right time, i feel like it's nearly impossible. The last is another shadow priest.

Deleted

a skilled shadow priest or a lock.. Its just hard to get a 30k hp 1200 resi lok down :/

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr
    I'm a pretty average player...so take this only as a piece of the puzzle. I'm not sure if this is how it should be, but on my shadow priest, there are really only a handful of specs i worry about. First, and foremost, is an affliction lock. I feel like i always get my ass handed to me by an affliction lock. Second is an arms warrior. I still win over 50% of the time. But, with ArP and good gear, I take a serious amount of damage. And, because of their mechanics, you pretty much have to juke a VT free. Third, good DK's can give me a lot of trouble. abolish disease doesn't help nearly as much as I'd like it to. And, if they save their gnaw for the right time, i feel like it's nearly impossible. The last is another shadow priest.
    affi-lock realy is a pain in the ass but with some dispell and well-timed silences u can win.
    arms warri ? realy ? just disarm him when he bladestorms. should be a free kill
    yeah dks are nasty they are the only ones i loose against sometimes

Warrior

lol jk, i mean mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyneia
    affi-lock realy is a pain in the ass but with some dispell and well-timed silences u can win.
    arms warri ? realy ? just disarm him when he bladestorms. should be a free kill
    yeah dks are nasty they are the only ones i loose against sometimes
    alright, maybe I'm doing something wrong against warriors, then.

I'll start with a shield. I pack on DP and SWP. At that point, I'll Psychic horror to attempt to get off a VT. If they trinket early enough, I'll normally try and juke the pummel instead of trying to squeeze it in. At that point, I feel good. If I have 3 DoTs on him within the first 6 or 7 seconds. After that, I'll Re-shield and attempt to get in a tick or two of MF every now and then...saving dispersion for his bladestorm and my trinket for intercept.

Doing all that, I'll still lose between 1/4 and 1/3 of the time. I'll get gibbed in 11-14 seconds, often times before they even have to bladestorm. I'm sitting with 1100 resilience and 27k life self-buffed.

Definitely rouges.

MY KS does enough damage to maul a decently geared tank, there's not much any class can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr
    alright, maybe I'm doing something wrong against warriors, then.

I'll start with a shield. I pack on DP and SWP. At that point, I'll Psychic horror to attempt to get off a VT. If they trinket early enough, I'll normally try and juke the pummel instead of trying to squeeze it in. At that point, I feel good. If I have 3 DoTs on him within the first 6 or 7 seconds. After that, I'll Re-shield and attempt to get in a tick or two of MF every now and then...saving dispersion for his bladestorm and my trinket for intercept.

Doing all that, I'll still lose between 1/4 and 1/3 of the time. I'll get gibbed in 11-14 seconds, often times before they even have to bladestorm. I'm sitting with 1100 resilience and 27k life self-buffed.
    how much haste do you have ? i have a bit above 800.
    I open with DP und SWP too, when he charges me i fear him and than i get a VT off.
    then he charges me again and bladestorms, at this point i disarm him and run away (use fade if you have an Harmstring). while running refresh DP and then kite im with mindflay.
    at this point he should be dead if not refresh your shield and fear him again to put another VT on him.
    If he then charges you use disperson and see im die thanks to your dots^^

OT: shadow ftw !

Wtf is a Rouge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Silence9
    Definitely rouges.

MY KS does enough damage to maul a decently geared tank, there's not much any class can do about it.
    Since when does Kidney Shot damage? And if you mean Killing Spree, then LOL combatpvp *gniffle*.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

mage hands down
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

I voted frost mage as well but just out of curiosity, to the frost mages out there, who *do* you have the most trouble with? I can't think of a hard counter to them, but there must be a class that gets you slightly apprehensive?

Something that is able to heal itself, or you'll lose all the time vs healers. Arena's have balanced the game so that you cannot defeat a well geared, skilled healer on a hunter. The Healer will shrug off your damage easily and slowly chip away your own health.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence9
    Definitely rouges.

I agree with this guy. I dont have much trouble against anything at all. DK's just eat it and like it while mages are probably the only thing that gives me any trouble. A great warlock will give me trouble as well at times.

er... even with my 6300 gearscore full pve combat gear with 2 277 weapons a blade flurry+killing spree didn't kill a 5500 gs pvp geared warlock...
    seriously, you won't win a duel against anything decent as ks.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

15+ Year Old Account

1. Frost Mage
    2. Affliction Lock
    3. Feral Druid