Afflic lock / healers vs hunter teams in 2v2

Ok i don't want to make this seem like a QQ but im asking any other hunters out there that 2v2 or find 2v2 the funnest bracket for hunters which i do until recently every single lock found some healer capable of hotting or shielding and just standing there. Locks do nothing accept fear and dot both targets and with that stupid soul link and armour for 20% more healing very rarely do we beat good lock healer teams, destruction is fine but seriously being at 2.1k mmr and loosing to 1800/1900 teams basically because of class is stupid.

Ways to balance this problem
    1. Make fear like sheep
    2. When im deathcoiled while deterenced let me still refelect all spells and not bug out >.>
    3. The genius who invented teleport for locks blizz go give him a medal and a kick in the baby maker. (Get a lock to 5% some how and before your gcd for KS comes up LOL TELEPORT behind pillar and bandage then get a heal)

I know i will probs get flamed for this but hell idc just want to see other peoples views

Re: Afflic lock / healers vs hunter teams in 2v2

Tbh, you did a bad job not making it a QQ thread. Instead of asking for changes of class mechanics you should maybe ask for ways to tackle this combo.

Sorry, cant contribute anything else as i dont play a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account

Just roll with a disc priest an get chain dispelled, then spit on their dead bodies. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    Just roll with a disc priest an get chain dispelled, then spit on their dead bodies. Profit.
    I heard chain dispelling Unstable Affliction is the best way to win.

You have some of the best CC in the game.
    You can if specced have a temporay CC immunity.
    You have deterrence which besides the described "bug" gives you effective immunity for a short period.
    You have disengage which if you insist on bringing up the teleport can be very comparable, does not require setting up in advance, does not require having to kite a target away from a location, is not visible to the enemy as a target.

The bug is quite possibly an intended mechanism where deterrence is not active when you are not in control of your character, not unlike Starfall for boomkins. And is likely only going to defend against a spell for which the cast was started after the effect, not while it was in travel.
    Fear is likely the most nerfed CC in the game, with the most protection against it, so no it does not need to break on the slightest bit of damage.
    Does fear heal the target ? Does fear keep a target in a relatively small area so it remains in range and line of sight. No, and No.

You have far superior burst than an affliction warlock which takes time to set up, and works best dotting multiple targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

2v2 is rock paper scissors, the game is no longer balanced around anything 2v2. I'm sure your team counters some others that are just as pissed as you are right now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    You have deterrence which besides the described "bug" gives you effective immunity for a short period.
    You have disengage which if you insist on bringing up the teleport can be very comparable, does not require setting up in advance, does not require having to kite a target away from a location, is not visible to the enemy as a target.

You have far superior burst than an affliction warlock which takes time to set up, and works best dotting multiple targets.
    Best CC? By far not.
    Trap is the worst.
    Avoidable, abusable, not aimed, breaks on first damage, cd>duration

Wyvern Sting
    dot afterwards prevents cc-chain, breaks on first damage, shortest breakable cc, cd>duration by large margin

scattershot
    only ok skill but not baseline, short range

cc immunity
    lead to big qq, prevents from building up pressure when used for immunity

deterrence is no immunity to attacks
    stealthed openers hit you, you cant parry when casting or stunned, doesnt clean dots or other debuffs, special kind of attacks (not only chaosbolt) still hit you, missile type attacks still hit (instead of being shielded)

disengange only works infight as only real drawback

burst is ok, but damage mitigation is low compared to every class except rogues.

As a hunter when you go against a lock it feels like they can play terribly and still win the game. Its very frustrating when every time you get their healer in a CC chain you get feared or they teleport away but thats just how the game is. Warlocks counter hunters badly the same way we counter other classes in the game. Its a rock, paper, scissors kinda thing you just gotta deal with them as best as you can and hopefully outplay a couple of them so badly that you can actually win some games.

As far a strategy I like to go for good switches on the pet when its LoS'ing the healer or just go for it during the first couple of cc chains. Once you get that 2nd pet down they are pretty squishy (hurry up on the kill though b4 the cd is back up).

Hump a pillar so u can LOS fears, seriously this wins games. Its very frustrating for a lock to cast a 1.5s fear just to get it LOS'd at the end while you pump dmg into him. Do it a couple of times and he'll think twice about fearing you. This is mostly what differentiates between a good and a bad hunter. Positioning, positioning, positioning!

Save your trinket for them critical fears when you're about to land a kill and he actually gets a fear on you.

"Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd

The bug is quite possibly an intended mechanism where deterrence is not active when you are not in control of your character, not unlike Starfall for boomkins. And is likely only going to defend against a spell for which the cast was started after the effect, not while it was in travel.
    Fear is likely the most nerfed CC in the game, with the most protection against it, so no it does not need to break on the slightest bit of damage.
    Does fear heal the target ? Does fear keep a target in a relatively small area so it remains in range and line of sight. No, and No.

Does fear take you out of position so you can get bursted down or that you LOS/outrange heals?? Yes and Yes! Don't just come here stating the negative aspects of a class or ability and completely disregard the strengths. I could actually counter every point you made but thats just stupid. We have strengths and weaknesses like every other class you just have to protect your weakness and abuse your strengths like every other class...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Afflic lock teams are dominating 2s across all bgs right now. They have ridiculous outlast potential, especially with a druid. A decent 2s team wont let his pet die once, let alone twice. 2s are a farce, hence why they removed titles and gear from the bracket.

I do have a solution for when you face a bunch of lock teams in 2s tho. Roll bm/enhance or bm/ret and blow them up in 5 seconds. Plate teams can suck, but you can make locks cry a river of sorrow.

10+ Year Old Account

2s don't mean anything anymore. Changing locks because of 2s is like changing locks over duels.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Yeah i know all these valid points, i just wanted to have a QQ sad i know but still they just get me so dam frustrated sometimes. The main reason why its annoying is because 2s is my favourite arena bracket and i find it most fun on my hunter since S1 so yeah.

P.S killing the pet with a druid healer most fail you will ever do lol :P im telling all hunters now for 2s who run mm healer, if you come up against a affliction lock healer leave! Saves time, effort and you wont get angry

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil
    Afflic lock teams are dominating 2s across all bgs right now. They have ridiculous outlast potential, especially with a druid. A decent 2s team wont let his pet die once, let alone twice. 2s are a farce, hence why they removed titles and gear from the bracket.

I do have a solution for when you face a bunch of lock teams in 2s tho. Roll bm/enhance or bm/ret and blow them up in 5 seconds. Plate teams can suck, but you can make locks cry a river of sorrow.
    yaa bm/ enchance owns :P! but go with a priest i almost never loose to a affliction lock^^ but you do play 75 more raiting that i do but i guess the diffrent isn't that big ^^