Stratholme: Doors to Slaughterhouse won't open, no farming for me.

Twice tonight, and once in the past month once again in my runs to obtain Baron Rivendare mount the gates(both inner and outer) to the Slaughter House (the building in which he resides) stay closed after the Black Guard Sentries are killed.

I kill the sentries inside the outer gate so that I am in the area with the steps down to the room Baron Rivendare resides in, and after they die the front door shuts and the lower door to Baron Rivendare also stays shut leaving my toon trapped until I can hearthstone out.

I only report this as a bug because in the many times I have run this instance in the past the lower door had opened once the sentries were dead.

In addition, tonight I tired to stay outside of the outer-gate to kill the sentries. After that I killed the swarms of non-elite zombies that flooded into the square in hopes that this would open the gates. But to my displeasure this was not the case and the doors stayed shut. However as an added bonus I observed that the gate to the square in which the slaughterhouse resides was also sealed shut. This once again had forced my character to hearthstone out of the instance.

At the moment I cannot try to get the mount he drops, is there some mechanic that I am bugging out due to the brevity that I am killing the mobs? I think not because this had not happened in the past 50+ runs I have done.

Re: Stratholme: Doors to Slaughterhouse won't open, no farming for me.

Apparently, it bugs out when you kill the abominations too quickly. Ease up on the "wrecking faces" a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    Apparently, it bugs out when you kill the abominations too quickly. Ease up on the "wrecking faces" a bit.
    This just seems quite odd to me because I haven't changed the rate at which I kill things form the past tires I had done in previous patches.

15+ Year Old Account

When the gates open to let Ramstein out, run INSIDE the Slaughterhouse to kill him (while the door is open), and the knights, then straight to Baron Rivendare. No need to wait for the event. Havent had any problems doing this for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous
    When the gates open to let Ramstein out, run INSIDE the Slaughterhouse to kill him (while the door is open), and the knights, then straight to Baron Rivendare. No need to wait for the event. Havent had any problems doing this for a long time.
    This is what I usually have done, but tonight the door that opens to Baron Rivendare's room never opens. and then the front door closes too leaving me trapped.

I've actually encountered an error like this once or twice while doing the Baron run. Once the fault seemed to be that one sentry got stuck in a wall (don't ask me how) and the other I have no idea what happened then.

Can't think of anything different I did those tries so can't really help you on why this happens, just saying; it's not only you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

This is weird. As I usually do this in one pull, regarding the abominations that is. In other words I kill them pretty quick and I have never had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonyim
    I've actually encountered an error like this once or twice while doing the Baron run. Once the fault seemed to be that one sentry got stuck in a wall (don't ask me how) and the other I have no idea what happened then.

Can't think of anything different I did those tries so can't really help you on why this happens, just saying; it's not only you.
    Perhaps a skeleton is getting stuck as well for me...I have sense undead on my paladin so I'll be sure to check. It gets annoying to have to fly back everytime I want to go here though.

Well, I am currently stuck in the round area that has the stairs to lead to the lower room Baron Rivendare is in. Again the front door is shut, and the door to Baron Rivendare. On my map none of the Black Gaurd Sentries are alive, and I count 5 corpses on the ground.

This is annoying..still 20 min left on my hearth and 2.5hr on my wormhole generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    In a first moment I also thought this one was the issue, but I figured it's not the only issue, or it's not the issue at all (couldn't find if they would also bug with clearing it too quickly).

Quick explanation: you know that you can pull the abominations on your own but they would also come by themsevles once you start the event, just like the three pulls before first boss in AN. At level 60 it resulted in a wipe or in some troubles if you pulled the wrong abomination instead of the next one to come. At level 80 you might happen to be clearing the abominations on the right side while someone from the left side starts moving to the gate: he will move to the gate and supposedly come back, but sometime he will despawn. If an abomination despawns, the door to Baron's room ain't gonna open.
    There are different outcomes to this situation. The very first time it happened to me at level 70, I opened a ticket and I got answered to let the instance reset and that the GM couldn't do anything for me. Same issue happened one year and half ago and the GM opened the Baron's gate for me (with making me skip Ramstein, yay). The first time I got help denied from the GM, I waited to see if the mobs would respawn (for my holy paladin clearing Stratholme was a 40 minutes affair), I waited for about a hour but nothing happened. Some other time I happened to have the same issue, but every single abomination respawned by itself before I could even think to port out.

So basicly, if you go around slaughtering abominations in the courtyard, keep an eye on the entrance.

Thanks for the reply Memory, I'll work on trying that.

Trough it is a long time since I run stratholme for my mount I did get this bug too.

What i found out to do is to clear the abominations in right side of the room first and make sure they dont get up to the front gate. If they get up there there are a chance the abominations will respawn and the door would not open.

I have tried this to and a few times ended up to get a new bug where i did fall through the world.

One question...In the event that an abomination does despawn because of getting to the gate. Would Rimstein and the Sentries spawn at all?

I am getting both of them to spawn and have yet to see aboms respawn on my mini-map with sense undead.

NO.
    If the encounter decides to bug (which it seems to do on a fairly arbitary basis) it doesn't matter if you kill the abo in or outside of the slaughterhouse. I made the experience and was caught inside the first room and couldn't go to the baron because the doors where still locked (yes there is another set of doors inside). Gladly a GM was quite quick and opened the doors for me. Still it sucks and is horribly bugged.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Well I finally got it to work for me again by waiting for each event to play itself out.
    I.E. Aboms--->Ramstein--->Mindless Undead--->Black Gaurd Sentries---> Baron Rivendare

What I'm really confused about is why in the past I was able to do them in this order
    Aboms--->Ramstein/Black Gaurd Sentries---> Baron Rivendare

With the Ramstein and the black guards spawning inside the building...me killing them there and having the doors to Baron Rivendare being opened.

LAST POST

For those who care I found out what the problem was.

When the doors opened from rimstein opened...I killed him...and killed the bonegaurds all before the front door closed again.

If you run in, kill rimstein, wait for the door to shut, then kill the bonegaurds....the door to the boss opens.

I was going to fast.

i've always

-killed all the abominations, killing the last one near the door
    -once the door opens and the abomination boss comes out, run in and take him with you, kill him while inside
    -don't try to exit until you've killed rivendare

always worked for me ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I can but hope that blizzard will get round to fixing the older dungeons, since come cataclysm and the rerolls there will be a lot of new and older players spending a considerable amount of time in them.

Having run that place countless times for rep stuff then I thank you for highlighting this issue.
    Not one I have ran into since I do not kill ramstein quite that fast, but worth noting anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeah, this is spot on. What you've described, I've had happen to me a couple of times...I put in a GM ticket and had a response within 10 min every time...usually even a GM with a sense of humor, who opens the doors.