Page 1 of 2
LastLast

always dieing fast

hello, im a 41 mage and i do bg often. I wear of the eagle gear so my health isnt that low. I dont know if its just me but as soon as someone ataks me i find myself wel below half hp and then dead. Is it because my ping is 350 ? Mayb too high ? When im the one doing dps it does take a while to bring asomeone down. And when i mean fast i mean in the blink of an eye... Or spell

Re: always dieing fast

Are you frost?
    41 means 41-49 bg so get to 49 and then try again.
    Also some people wear heirloom which doesn't make it easier if you don't have any.
    Pew pew

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

It's a mix of you, not insulting you here mind you, seeming to be rather new to the game plus the fact that you are lvl 41 in a BG bracket that contains 40-49.

Those usually contain a few people at 48-49, and they will simply destroy you.

yes i am frost with decent hp but i dont think i can be brought down in half a second even wen i was lvl 38 and 39 bg. I thing lag is the problem

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pkm
    yes i am frost with decent hp but i dont think i can be brought down in half a second even wen i was lvl 38 and 39 bg. I thing lag is the problem
    As previously stated, when you were 38 you were in the upper-portion of the 30-39 group. Now, at 41, you are the bottom of the 40-49 bracket. Which means you're fighting people upwards to 8 levels above your own.

Latency doesn't increase your damage taken.

10+ Year Old Account

You're also likely facing people who are in Heirloom gear.

I know when I take my Warrior into BG's, she takes 3, sometimes even 2 GCD's to take someone - especially a clothie - who isn't in Heirloom gear, from 100 to 0.

Deleted

mages r cloth wearers bro. its no surprise u die of lack of armor, especially if u r in melee combat

10+ Year Old Account

I think he - or she - means that it seems like she is dieing very fast because she has high ping, so it seems like nothing is happening, then suddenly bam, dead as the game catches up.

Quote Originally Posted by TillieTill
    Latency doesn't increase your damage taken.
    true but it delays game data and by the time it reaches me from the server im half dead leaving me with litle time to react

I think he - or she - means that it seems like she is dieing very fast because she has high ping, so it seems like nothing is happening, then suddenly bam, dead as the game catches up
    But why would that of not been the case when He/She was pvping at 38 -39?

edit - Cos im crap at internets!

10+ Year Old Account

true but it delays game data and by the time it reaches me from the server im half dead leaving me with litle time to react
    No, any melee class that can close to melee range can do that to you in one GCD.
    That's just life; don't let them get that close, or prepare to die.

Not to mention, if you're using, 'of the Eagle' gear, your spells hit like an old lady's purse.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

If latency was your issue, you would have no doubt wether it was that or not.

You're also a clothie, they tend to be very squishy.

1) Like everyone said, alot of level difference
    2) Ice barrier, you using it? If not, you will get one shotted by pretty much everynoe
    3) Resilience, not alot of point at low levels, but reduces damage taken.
    4) Armor
    5) Stamina, two shotted instead of one shotted is always better.

Figure it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

but everything hapens so fast im dotted then running away in fear. I tried the same thing with my lock but get ganked dead before i can cast my fear spell

most people who queue for bgs at those levels are either twinks or heavily BOA geared, which is quite painful. also you should do the random dungeon so you get better blue gear(it has more stamina and SP ontop than of the eagle). also you prolly get a lot of resists against higher level people. and 350 ping is quite high - the lower your ping the higher advantage you have

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

as some ppl before me stated you seem very fresh to the game and untill you found your place and learned some game mecanics you will seem to die alot thats part of the learning process
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

what class and spec should i be to play some bg, some dungeon and quest or grind?

what class and spec should i be to play some bg, some dungeon and quest or grind?
    You should stick to your mage and continue leveling it to understand basics of the game. It's not as simple as you might think.

Continue leveling your mage, and continue as frost, youl live happier and longer.
    Want some tips?
    - Ice barrier whenever posibble.
    - A frost mage power is the one to keep danger away from you, buried under a mountain of snow, ice and speed debuffs. Learn to use it, and leave melee combat for others.
    - You will have huge problems hitting anything with 3 or more levels than you with your spells. Don't queue to a battleground if you know you will face players with such a level advantage.
    - The life of a young mage is full of pain and bruises, but great rewards await you at the higher levels. Short version:You will die a lot while leveling.