Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Halion 25 Bracers

Well, as much as i think you should use your own gear type, if it= more DPS then it's ok.

Don't compare it to getting epic gems, compare it to the 8 vs 10 stat enchant on chest. (and realise that the increase is smaller that what the cloth belt gives you)

the normal version doesn't seem the issue here i think, cause if you only do normal, them you don't care about a 15 dps increase.

The problem appears for hard mode ICC raiders, who min-max everything. They'd deffinetly want to get the heroic version of the cloth ones, not the leather ones.

What i'm gonna do is pass the cloth one from normal Halion, but need it on hard mode.

The Hc edition is certainly going to be BiS, the non-hc; perhaps, I haven't checked the numbers yet, but it seems like they're the only braces with an above 270 ilvl having both crit and haste on them.

iirc, they might not be for hordies since they usually* take The Lady's Brittle Bracers (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50651), because it offers the hit rating an alliance druid would get from draeneis.

*Not that you just usually, casually w/e take BiS items.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

Deleted

If it was two very different items, then I would go into the whole leather vs cloth debate. But these two items are SO close to each other, we are probably talking a maximum of 5 DPS difference. Since the items are so similar, i wouldn't DREAM of taking the cloth versions when there are so many classes fighting over those already.

If you find yourself in a situation, months from now, where you have the leather ones, the cloth drops, none of your clothies want it, and you want to swap the stats around ever so slightly, then go ahead and take them. If not, then just be contend with a leather piece that is actually itemized for us