Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dralech View Post
    It has to hit 30. If it jumps from 29 to 31, you failed. My raid had the tank tank the LK on the stairs, and then pulled all the crap to the right on the edge. We had one guy give the plague to them, and had the people that got the plague after that run off and be dispelled. It took ~3 mins to get the 30 stacks.
    Correct since there's multiple plagues ticking away when 2 get on a target and it dies they merge together. So a 29 stack plague and 2 stack plague could fail the achievement. You need to watch the plague and make sure it hits 30, then it can hit 31,32,33, etc but it can't skip 30.

First one into adds, rest out of adds, is easy mode now with 30% buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    [Ferocious Butt][Pounding]?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Take the first plague, run it out of the raid (away from OT) Cleanse it.
    Take the second plague, run it to offtank, cleanse it (This will be your necrotic stack).
    Take the rest of the plagues from now on, away from the raid (and OT) and cleanse it.

Idea is to only put one plague there so it can tick for longer build up and 1-shot things. Unless your raid is a bunch of cripples who can't push their buttons, you will need to stop DPS on Lich King at ~72-73%, and sit there with your thumbs up your ass for a couple minutes. Don't go by the buff stacks on Lich King, you'll need to tab-target around the adds pile and find the mob with plague on it to find the stack count.

Acheivement isn't hard, it's just annoying even @ 20% buff. I don't like sitting around doing nothing for over 2 minutes - was easier back at 5% imo, didn't have to wait around as long.
    Don't do this.

Run the first plague to the offtank, dispel it.
    Run the second plague to the offtank, dispel it.

The problem arises if you skip 30. That is the only problem. For instance, if you have two plagues going around and one is 29 and one is 5 and they combine, you never hit 30. It went from 29 to 34. So once you have, say, one plague with a stack of 20 then stop running the plagues to the OT. Until that point, continue to run plagues to the OT.

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jegerlee View Post
    Would you please read my post again?
    I "kited" the ghouls from LK to our OT because we lacked a rogue and hunter.
    I aggroed the ghouls and ran towards OT so he could taunt them off me so he wouldn't accidently taunt LK from MT in the heat of the battle.
    It worked flawlessly and we oneshot it first time we engaged it.
    That's a silly strategy that wastes a dps spot for absolutely zero gain.

If you are on a prot warrior, put Vigilance on the MT and spam taunt the adds.
    If you are on a prot paladin, use Hand of Reckoning + Righteous Defense + Avenger's Shield to pick up all the adds.
    If you are on a DK, use Death and Decay under Arthas' feet and use Icy Touch.
    If you are on a druid, you should be on Arthas. If you have two druid tanks, you should rethink your group composition because it fails beyond belief.