Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: What am i ready to Tank??

UbA actually, at very high levels of gear, doesn't provide that much mitigation because it puts you over the armor cap.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    However, I would advise against this. First, blood does not have better threat than DW frost. Most often, it's quite the opposite. Second, even if it did, it doesn't really matter, especially not since the IT buff, since if you loose threat, you should just delete the game because you're bad.

As for the better CDs: yeah, VB is better, as far as survival goes, but it doesn't provide anything else. UbA provides both damage and mitigation, which is awesome: I like to get more bang out of a talent, if possible. Frost also has a longer IBF, and takes less damage than blood (which offsets the lower HP).

In the end, it's VB vs UbA, and while VB wins, frost is so much more fun to play, and is perfectly viable, and works a lot better outside of raids too.
    diffirent people => diffirent playstyle
    you can't say frost is the most fun playstyle just cause you prefer it, i actually enjoy tanking as blood way more than as frost because i prefer the strikes over the procs and spells. everyone has his own way of playing the game and everyone likes diffirent things. thats why there's so much variaty in talents. 3 possible tank specs means 3 diffirent ways to tank.

and frost doesnt have better threat then blood, in AoE frost is clearly superior but on bossfights blood beats frost on single target threat and survivability imo
    in the end, its the same as i said above though: it depends on your play style
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    UbA actually, at very high levels of gear, doesn't provide that much mitigation because it puts you over the armor cap.
    True. But at that point, you won't need it anyway, and the damage boost component still works. Once you stop using VB (like, you don't really need it in half the heroic ICC bosses at all), it becomes useless, UbA is never useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadrune
    diffirent people => diffirent playstyle
    you can't say frost is the most fun playstyle just cause you prefer it
    I can! As long as others say the same about blood, I'm entitled to my opinion: blood is boring shit. It works, it has amazing cooldowns, but I'd rather stop playing than play blood.

and frost doesnt have better threat then blood, in AoE frost is clearly superior but on bossfights blood beats frost on single target threat and survivability imo
    Emphasis added. In your opinion. In my experience, it's not so. And, as I said earlier: whichever tree has the higher single target threat, is irrelevant. Threat is not an issue, ever, unless you're vastly undergeared, or you're sleeping. When you're doing two times the threat the second guy makes, making more threat is a waste, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    Go blood for tanking, 6% more stamina, don't gem for parry or defense. OT: Naxx10/25, Ulduar10/25 and ToC10. Probably ICC10 due to the sick 20% buff, but that's not with pugs, only good healers and friends and if you are blood, along with good knowledge of your class.
    Imo, blood requires high amounts of armor and proper gear to be able to tank in heroics without a DPS instantly pulling aggro off of you as blood is mostly single target. Frost is perfect for heroics in lesser gear due to the fact that Howling Blast literally glues packs to you.

However, I would advise against this. First, blood does not have better threat than DW frost. Most often, it's quite the opposite. Second, even if it did, it doesn't really matter, especially not since the IT buff, since if you loose threat, you should just delete the game because you're bad.
    I wouldn't go as far as say that it's quite the opposite, that's a bit too far imo, but you do get more threat from using IT as frost, as you do more damage with it as frost. I'd say that the threat-levels are on par with each other if both players knows how to maximize TPS output.

I play blood, not because it's "optimal", but because I like the playstyle, I like frost as well but I did something wrong the last time I tried tanking as frost and too afraid to try again. =P
    My TPS was simply amazing as frost DW and I was told to stay beneath the OT but I actually went full on and had 100% aggro 20 seconds into the fight after waiting for approximately 5 seconds. ;D

As for the better CDs: yeah, VB is better, as far as survival goes, but it doesn't provide anything else. UbA provides both damage and mitigation, which is awesome: I like to get more bang out of a talent, if possible. Frost also has a longer IBF, and takes less damage than blood (which offsets the lower HP).
    I don't agree 100% with your statement tbh, VB isn't superior to UbA and the other way around, first of all the about of damage VB soaks up can't be measured and UbA provides a shitload of extra TPS and some armor against physical damage, while VB's amount can't be measured it's still a way to counter magical and physical damage.
    I haven't seen a lot of frost tanks in ICC, except from one who had a 2h spec and used a PvP-meta (Stam and less stun effect DOH, needless to say he died rather quickly in ICC even though he tried to stack)
    In the end, it's VB vs UbA, and while VB wins, frost is so much more fun to play, and is perfectly viable, and works a lot better outside of raids too.
    I'll agree with frost being fun to play but you need a certain amount of proc management to maximize it, which will distract you from focusing on survivability instead of maximizing TPS unless you're skilled. (And you are skilled, mhp) :P Which is why you're capable of using frost they way you do =P

Frost is fun, but I feel safe playing blood, but that's just my opinion though. ^^

True. But at that point, you won't need it anyway, and the damage boost component still works. Once you stop using VB (like, you don't really need it in half the heroic ICC bosses at all), it becomes useless, UbA is never useless.
    As blood I like to pop my defensive cooldowns passively, which means that I try to rotate my cooldowns even if it's not really necessary on that particular fight, which in theory would make VB more efficient in terms of survival if the mitigation part of UbA becomes 'useless' because you already have high amounts of armor. SO basically it would make UbA more like a tool to increase TPS, which would be useless if you already have a lot more threat than the guy beneath you.

Of course, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

1) Do you know your class?
    2) Do you know how to Tank
    3) Can you read a Tanking guide?
    4) Can your raid-members play their class?
    5) Does you raid group communicate meaningfully?

If you can ansvwer Yes to these then you can Tank nearly anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ascallion
    Hey all

This is my first Tank class, i have been running hc's for a while now my aggro is fine even against well geared players, but i have low hp for raids, got removed from
    a Ony 10 for low hp and ToC10 too, i get over 40khp buffed, is this too low or are ppl being picky and wanting to overpower raids ?

Here is my charas link all advice will be taken on board

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ht&cn=Devonish

Sorted my profs now, got my mining up to Nothrend standard and dropped skinning for engineering, got it to 350, i can already see it gonna be a huge advantage over skinning ;D

Congratz on the mining. That is a very very painful thing to do. For a long time I was leveling mining and bs together but at mithril I droped 5k gold into my BS because I couldn't face it any more. I might go back and finish mining sometime before Cat.

With regards to the blood/frost debate that's been raging. It really makes no odds, and it is entiarly down to play style and preference. I will say with poor healers blood might perhaps save your ass more than frost. But speccing on the chance of shit healers is not really a wise stratagy.

I droped my frost tank duel spec for one simple reason. To pick up a DPS one and I have never looked back. For raid bosses I enjoy the simplicity of blood and it let's me focus on other aspects of the fight I can help out with. For DPS I love the micromanagent of procs and adjusting my play style accordingly. It's also fantastic for doing my daily heroic. Enough gear to hit 535 defence and the rest dps.

I love the play style of both and this way I get to have the best of both worlds. Playing frost is by far the most fun I have had since I started playing wow. But then I did start in TBC with a hunter and anything is more fun than mouse wheel up for 5 mins and loot