[Prot] Having trouble picking my next 10.25 piece...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oon&cn=Tarthas

I have a token, although I'm not really sure which 10.25 (iLvl 264) piece to get next. I have enough badges to purchase any of the pieces, they just don't seem like that much of an upgrade over my current gear (The helm is what I'm leaning towards the most). I realize that the 2 piece bonus is a significant threat boost, but is it really worth it?

Overall the set bonuses seem kinda poopy for this round of prot tier.

Any input & suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Re: [Prot] Having trouble picking my next 10.25 piece...

id go helm. even though its not a big upgrade at least you will have the pally helm that will complete your look a little more. and you get the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    The 2-set certainly is worth it. When i go with my threat set, with the 20% ICC buff, it's quite often i'll see 13k HotR crits, sometimes on multiple targets. Essentially, with a single move, if all of them critted, i could be hitting 39k damage, essentially 93k+ threat overall (which if continued, from just HotR alone, it'd lead to ~5.2K TPS). The helm is probably the best choice, since it's got a load more strength and a bit more stamina. And as said, 2-set.

I switched from both the warrior-lookalike helm and shoulders from ICC25 to the Shoulders and Helm T10 264 for the 2-set alone.

The 4-set, however, only really worth it for ICC25 Heroic and then only if you can get the 277 tier. For 10, or 10 Heroic, there's little reason, i've found, to use the 4-set.
    Thanks for the input guys. I will most likely grab the helm next then. And yes, like you said - the 4 set bonus just seems very awkward to use (I've tested it out with 251 4 piece), maybe I just need to get used to it.

Also, the tier helm is the only piece that has an equal amount of sockets to their non-tier counterpart.
    Something that often sways me away from the tier pieces.

id say gloves.

ur sitting on 182 hit rating atm

if you get head u will lose 72. and ur just above 100.. thats rather shiet

also change ur slow fall shit on cloak to 225 armor. i cant think of 1 single encounter in icc u need that, ud be better off with armor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

110 hit isn't too bad TBH, especially for threat as you're getting the 2p t10 bonus.
    Want to get some pieces with hit as backup though for fights where taunt counts.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox
    id say gloves.

ur sitting on 182 hit rating atm

if you get head u will lose 72. and ur just above 100.. thats rather shiet

also change ur slow fall shit on cloak to 225 armor. i cant think of 1 single encounter in icc u need that, ud be better off with armor
    It doesn't just give a slow fall... http://www.wowwiki.com/Flexweave_Underlay

Also, I usually use the glyph for +Hit on my taunts, so it's usually not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lionpants
    It doesn't just give a slow fall... http://www.wowwiki.com/Flexweave_Underlay

Also, I usually use the glyph for +Hit on my taunts, so it's usually not a problem.
    well ye the glyph is good. but remember that taunt goes on spellhit cap and not melee. so its not the 8% as most ppl think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox
    well ye the glyph is good. but remember that taunt goes on spellhit cap and not melee. so its not the 8% as most ppl think.
    That 17% chance to miss drops quite quickly once you take off 8% from the glyph, 3% from a Shadow Priest or Balance Druid and possibly 1% hit from Heroic Presence. 132 hit rating makes up the difference, though obviously this is dependent on group composition and faction.

For the majority of adds in boss encounters and trash (level 82 or lower) the glyph alone is enough to never miss with a taunt.