Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Prot warr in pvp ?

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    I'm sure they seem that OP when you keep getting frostbolts and polymorphs reflected back at you.
    how many of them do you fight? more like they take forever to kill or even kite down, then group reflects, and then the pressure on top of them being able to do high damage in relation to their survivability. its just most warriors don't have the gear i guess to go prot, but some of the ones i run into are/were absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by fushio
    To play a prot warrior means subpar damage
    10k+ shield slams on 1300 resil say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Arms warriors have way more damage than prot warriors. A prot warr would need a shitload of pve items to do nearly as much damage as the arms, which would mean sacrificing a lot resilience for it, ergo, while still strong against melee enemies, he would take a lot of damage from casters.

Yes, warriors ARE a class. Prot warriors are a gimmick in pvp. Arms is the only eficient pvp spec. You can faceroll scrubs in bgs as prot, no question about that, but prot warrs aren't viable in arenas as they would fulfill the same role as an unholy dk in a TSG team except the dk would be much better at it.

you can't argue with the top players who swear by it. these aren't even 2200 rated players, they're pro caliber who swear by protwarriors, and many think they're currently op'd. all they got nerfed really was the proc on the weapon i forget what it was called, that free'd them of all movement impairing effects, i don't think blizzard touched them anywhere else.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale

you can't argue with the top players who swear by it. these aren't even 2200 rated players, they're pro caliber who swear by protwarriors, and many think they're currently op'd. all they got nerfed really was the proc on the weapon i forget what it was called, that free'd them of all movement impairing effects, i don't think blizzard touched them anywhere else.
    Our talent Warbringer used to allow us to charge/intercept out of MIEs, now only Intervene allows it. Shield Slam also used to deal a lot more damage.

Basically limiting our mobility and lowering our capability of causing damage spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona
    Our talent Warbringer used to allow us to charge/intercept out of MIEs, now only Intervene allows it. Shield Slam also used to deal a lot more damage.

Basically limiting our mobility and lowering our capability of causing damage spikes.

yeah damnit that was it. for some reason i was thinking it was some weapon they nerfed. let me see if i can find some pics posted of a recent Arena match i read in a blog with the ProtWar leading damage over everyone. only flaw is i think it was on TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    There is actually a meter that shows how overpowered a certain class is. That meter is not some fancy tool or the word of top pvp-ers, it's actually way simpler and easy to observe: battleground representation. Ppl read forums, experience situations, and collect information and eventually discover that one class or another is very strong in pvp and...they roll that class.

According to recent bg reps, prot warriors are a very rare sight and almost all are the tanks of some pve guilds having some fun, which can only mean they are not really that strong OR they can be strong but requires a lot of skill. Neither situation works for me nor the OP.

while i do generally agree with you even if BG's are very different than Arenas in what ends up op'd in a lot of ways, but i think there are exceptions related to gearing where the masses can't just be as op'd as some others with the right gear setup for certain specs, that puts a flaw in bg representation.

again let me see if i can find these pics someone on GR posted a few weeks ago, but its going to be hard to find :P

Prot is kind of like mut rogues, combined with a heavy burstclass its awsome but cant take down someone as single dps. Mut rogues can blow someone sometimes but the long stunlock is the real killingblow. (prot is worste than mut not indicating mut suck cuz it doesnt)

nm no way i'm finding it sifting thru all of that garbage there.

anyways i'm not qq'ing or anything, just saying they were pretty absurd when i've faced them(worse than arms imo), and i know i've read a lot of crying about them on GR(but i think its mostly on TR).

nm no way i'm finding it sifting thru all of that garbage there.

anyways i'm not qq'ing or anything, just saying they were pretty absurd when i've faced them(worse than arms imo), and i know i've read a lot of crying about them on GR(but i think its mostly on TR).
    We (prot PvP wars) are not nearly as dangerous as we were before all of the "balancing" Blizzard did. Though, we are more than capable of raping face. With the appropriate mix of PvE gear (I sit at about 93% ArP including Battle Stance, rolling 650ish resil) we are a caster's worst nightmare.

AoE Spell Reflect, Improved Thunder Clap (for the debuff), tons of stun/interrupts, Safeguard (30% decreased DMG for 6 sec to target of Intervene), and Improved Disarm (increasing damage done to the target by 10% while disarmed), makes a well-geared Protection Warrior an incredible asset to any BG premade or Arena 5's team.

We have our place sealed in 5's, alive in 3's, and hidden quietly in 2's.

Prot in BG's is where our utility really shines. I was never a fan of Arms in BGs unless my two pocket healers were with me, as prot reconnaissance is my middle name. 1300+ reil when I want to run a flag, 90+% armor pen, when I wanna get it back. Out stunlock a rogue trying to kill your healer/warlock, throw a druid's cyclone back in his face when he's not even targeting you, and ROFLMAO at an arms warrior thinking he's going to touch you.

I. Love. Prot.

I'm logged off in my Vanilla PvP gear, but here's the guy you want to see:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...geras&n=Xanadu

Balls Deep!!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

how many of them do you fight? more like they take forever to kill or even kite down, then group reflects, and then the pressure on top of them being able to do high damage in relation to their survivability. its just most warriors don't have the gear i guess to go prot, but some of the ones i run into are/were absurd.
    Prot warriors aren't as weak as Chomag think they are, nor would I say they are as strong as you believe them to be.

The main reason you see prot warriors high in damage done in Arena matches isn't because they're hitting harder than their teammate or the opponents, but because they're hard to control and get to sit on something, so dps is lower, but uptime is higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman

I'm logged off in my Vanilla PvP gear, but here's the guy you want to see:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...geras&n=Xanadu
    Quite strange to see by the way. He first sported almost only pure PVE gear with 90% passive arp(or close to that) w/o battle stance, while now he seems to go for 3(!?) parts T10 tanking and only like 73% arpen. Perhaps his 2's spec or something.

im playing prot warrior in pvp atm in 3v3, really fun and entertaining, wont say im sickest,

playing hunter / prot warrior / hpala,

bad hunter tho

man i ran into 1-2 of these well played last night, that were geared. i'll just say i'd rather face a arms any day of the week over these guys. the kite is near endless, and the amount of 'work' and paying attention i have to do is more than any other class i face 1v1 by far. they aren't even worth the effort imo, but they did outgear me. still, relatively speaking there isn't a class i 1v1 in this game, even since vanilla, that takes as much effort as protWar's these days. i thought old school pallys were bad where bubble had no drawbacks and you had to kill them twice, but i'm going thru full mana bars, and having to evo just to have enough mana to output dps to kill them, and that last 20% feels like i'm going thru another full life bar of damage, with practically no margin for error. they do not hit softly whatsoever :P(i only have 900 resil tho). i would've died if i let them get about 3-4 wacks in....like i said no margin for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Al'akir the windlord
    That is prior to some heavy shield slam and block nerfing. And some fundamental alterations to Devastate and Revenge.

damn i had no idea Arms warriors could bladestorm with rocket boots. pretty absurd last night in WSG with a geared one wrecking people in turbo speed death mode. almost looked like hax.

i swear each day i play these days i see something more retarded with top end warriors.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

damn i had no idea Arms warriors could bladefury with rocket boots. pretty absurd last night in WSG with a geared one wrecking people in turbo speed death mode. almost looked like hax.

i swear each day i play these days i see something more retarded with top end warriors.

As is rocket boots with starfall, or in eots and ab lightning storm and typhoon. The retardation really comes with what blizzard allows for engineering, rather than any class in particular.
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

As is rocket boots with starfall, or in eots and ab lightning storm and typhoon. The retardation really comes with what blizzard allows for engineering, rather than any class in particular.

honestly i've seen a lot of that stuff but last night was just broken. MS > rocketboots/bladestorm on the flag carrier all from one class even through 2 healers, was just dumb. meh guess you had to be there and see the turbo speed and players dropping...

but again its only the top geared ones with infinite rage, and the damage/survivability to do that. and they're well played. actually if there is a positive i have to say about warriors these days is their skill cap is considerably higher imo than previous iterations of the class. the well played ones stand out a LOT more than the poorly played in their ability timing and making the most of every ability they have, no matter how minor, even if they have a huge crutch with their gear rage generation as well.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

honestly i've seen a lot of that stuff but last night was just broken. MS > rocketboots/bladefury on the flag carrier all from one class even through 2 healers, was just dumb. meh guess you had to be there and see the turbo speed and players dropping...

but again its only the top geared ones with infinite rage, and the damage/survivability to do that. and they're well played. actually if there is a positive i have to say about warriors these days is their skill cap is considerably higher imo than previous iterations of the class. the well played ones stand out a LOT more than the poorly played in their ability timing and making the most of every ability they have, no matter how minor, even if they have a huge crutch with their gear rage generation as well.
    If the warrior was able to solo the flag carrier when the flag carrier had 2 healers on him/her. Then they were most likely sub 20K hp unbuffed with 0 resilience. After the charge>white hit>MS a player with over 900 resil would have taken ~6000 damage. A player with 0 resilience probably ~12K. The Bladestorm itself would finish a 0 resil player, while it has no chance of killing a 900 resil player with 2 healers.

If the warrior was able to solo the flag carrier when the flag carrier had 2 healers on him/her. Then they were most likely sub 20K hp unbuffed with 0 resilience. After the charge>white hit>MS a player with over 900 resil would have taken ~6000 damage. A player with 0 resilience probably ~12K. The Bladestorm itself would finish a 0 resil player, while it has no chance of killing a 900 resil player with 2 healers.

it happened, and we're talking about bg's here so i have no idea how geared the healers were, but i'm not that surprised by it considering how fast he was dropping everyone in the BG when he'd rocket boots spin....also this occured in our base so i'm sure he was spinning in cramped corners at rocket boots speed, which i'd assume included the healers some as well.

i wasn't defending when it happened but i know he had 2 healers when i left to go offensive. the joke was the rest of their team pretty much sucked.