[ELE] Haste cap?

Been finding various numbers all over the place and I'm not sure which ones include which buffs/heroism/totem/whatever

Rawr said I had 249 haste to go before I was GCD capped and something like 1700 before LB was capped.

The second number seems WAY to big to me so I'm guessing it doesn't include Heroism or EM.

So I guess my questions are, at what amount of haste do I start to gem for crit? Does that amount of haste include raid buffs? Does that amount include my totem? Does that amount of haste include EM and/or Heroism, or do I only go to a "soft cap"?

I'm also using Totem of Electrifying Winds at the moment since I don't have 4 piece yet.

Re: [ELE] Haste cap?

The "gcd"_cap is ~1256 haste whilst raidbuffed (WoA totem + aura)

Being LB capped means that you got arround 3.1k haste rating and are throwing your LBs in 1 sec.

Heroism / Bloodlust is a 30% increase and usually takes me to 0.989 sec Lbs (running with 1125 haste w/o my totem stacked to 5), so i'm guessing that 1100 haste + totem + aura + bl should give you 1 sec Lbs

But there aint any certain "caps" that you want to hit.
    - We used to aim for having excatly enough haste to fit in 4 / 5 / x Lbs between our LvBs, but with the ammount of haste we get these days it doesnt really matter if we aim for these caps.

It's never a good idea to gem for pure haste (+20 gems), but if you find yourself having an item that requires a yellow gem or a yellow gem + a red gem to activate a 7/9 sp socket bonus you should stuff a 12 sp 10 haste gem in the yellow socket.

Gemming for crit aint a good idea for elementals, it's gotten better than what it was before our FS_dot could crit, but it still aint worth it since it wont affect your LvB at all.

So haste + SP benefits you the most since these affects 100% of your spells.

You mite also want to read these links which explains it a tad further (and better than what i can do)

Haste caps for elemental

How haste affects your rotation

Crit vs. Haste for elemental

Edit :: Added the links

This post explains the whole thing in considerable detail, including what the "haste caps" are, how significant they are, and how to work out how much haste rating each one corresponds to.
    Zamir's Blog // Elemental Beginner's Guide // Elemental ZAP! Spreadsheet // TotemSpot Community

Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another.
    -- Carl Sagan

Meeh, beat me editing my post by 4 secs Zamir *sadpandaface*

Also, to add a small note, Rawr.Elemental calculates the contribution of a cooldown/ability/trinket based on its average uptime. A trinket that gives you, say, 500 haste for 15 seconds on a 1 minute 30 second cooldown comes out to about 83.3333 average haste. Rawr.Elemental treats heroism like this so while it will say that you have "X haste until LB haste cap", you may be over the LB haste cap when you have heroism up.
    Formerly known as Anaeradranax, Elemental Shaman of <The Nameless> US-Argent Dawn
    Formerly known as Fuzzytotems, Resto Shaman of <Bacon> US-Argent Dawn
    Former member of the Rawr Development Team

Thanks guys, much appreciated.