Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Halion HC > Arthas HC ...?

LK HC tended to obliterate the entire raid before the first phase was over while people were first pulling him. Halion HC is going to be a bitch, but they were able to reliably get him into his second phase and almost the third 'split' phase just in the short time they had for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Irosol
    of course he is hard, he is a minion of Deathwing, and i think the first fully grown Twilight Dragon?

All hail the Master Deathwing!

People dont realise that the premade characters on teh PTR is kinda terrible geared eh?

He will be dead by some random guild during the first hours, teh first decent guild that comes in will kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane
    with icc buff maybe?

with out the icc buff

OH HELL NO
    No. I havn't even seen what the hardmode looks like yet, but no x 90, even with 30% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie
    i think halion hc wil be around the same difficulty as lich king normal looking at gear that he drops.

Tho the movies so far suggest its a bit harder so lk 25hc with 30% icc buff? maybe.
    But lk 25hc without the buff is one of the hardest encounters in game atm.
    Doesn't Hal HC drop 277 gear? He drops 271 on normal so I'm guessing on heroic he will be on par with ICC heroic modes but maybe more towards a Putricide difficulty.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wg15
    Remember Sunwell, it was the same
    I'm sorry, but I kinda just HAVE to step in here. And go NO. NO NO NO. WRONG.
    People keep thinking sunwell was something like this, when it was quite frankly not.

Sunwell was always supposed to be the top of the progression list. Illidan was never the "final boss". The name of that expansion, "burning crusade", should kinda clue you in on that. What with kil'jaeden leading the burning legion, at the time.

This can be compared better to, say, onyxia, in 3.2. Sunwell wasn't just something extra to spend time on. It wasn't a sideways progression from BT, like this is a sideways progerssion from ICC.

I can't say that this wasn't "planned" as such but its clearly not made as "the final end-boss". People who think that illidan was supposed to be the final end boss of burning crusade need to just open their eyes. Blizzard had sunwell planned all along, it was at a much harder difficulty level than BT was, and it had a final boss based on what the expansion was actually themed on: The burning legion's attempts to take back azeroth.

Granted, they cocked up that theme for most of the expansion.

TL;DR
    Blizzard have said themselves sunwell was always planned as the end of BC, and LK end of WOTLK. Ruby sanctum is not a sunwell equivelant. Rant is slightly off topic, but i don't see why people can't just get this in their heads

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Doesn't Hal HC drop 277 gear? He drops 271 on normal so I'm guessing on heroic he will be on par with ICC heroic modes but maybe more towards a Putricide difficulty.
    The normal mode gear is 271 so I'd assume the heroic mode gear is 284. I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    No. I havn't even seen what the hardmode looks like yet, but no x 90, even with 30% buff.
    The hardmode is actually challenging, as opposed to the normal mode which looks as hard as sarth. Go and actually look before posting. The fact that other people are suggesting AT ALL should say "maybe its hard" to you, rather than "lolol people think something is harder than LK LOLOLOL".
    Go look at it.

OT: I think that it will be about as hard as the LK hc with the ICC buff, but won't be as hard as LK without buff.

Tried Heroic 25 Halion in PTR.
    Killed HC 25 LK (15%)

Definatly not as hard as LK was at 10%. LK was more unforgiving, defile wipes instantly, tank gibs + cooldown mismanagement.

Halion is just positioning, you can afford dead players, the only tricky phase seems to be phase 3 and with gear, hes not even difficult, Only reason there wasnt a kill was due to latency, DC's and not enough time.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel
    This sentence does not make sense, Lanathel heroic 25 is pugable ...
    Those other 2 limited try bosses are way harder.
    Gratz on your achievement "Kill LK 25 normal" on the... huh... YESTERDAY. 1 Heroic BQL 25 kill, and you brag about the fact that it is puggable ? Yeah, sorry for not putting any input into the thread, but your statement annoyed me. A lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    People dont realise that the premade characters on teh PTR is kinda terrible geared eh?

He will be dead by some random guild during the first hours, teh first decent guild that comes in will kill him.
    Obviously you dont realise that you were also able to transfer your retail character.

Normal mode halion will be PuGable after ~2 weeks (Guides will come out and everything, Boss Mods will be updated (theese play a major role,fgt))
    hard mode will be pugable with 85 raiding gear (maybe not even then .. but if everyone has 100k life..).. definitly not with patch 3.X .. same goes for LK25hc.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

As far as i can understand from the movies Halion lack of Rng component that LK encounter has.Halion will be decapitated as long as u stay away from all the glowing things during the encounter ( Remember Sarth "Oh Lava Wave from left i should be hugging my raid leader , but there will be a void zone there in 2 seconds .So i better get the Lava Wave so i can be thrown @ Tenebron's spawn locations and die there and can`t be even ressed")
    I`m expecting another flawless execution from Pagaron as soon as they get there.3 Months passed buff increased with 15% and i still can`t find a movie with better mobility and synchronizied actions than Paragons movie. ( yeah call me fanboy or w/e )

Quote Originally Posted by ceyara
    Tried Heroic 25 Halion in PTR.
    Killed HC 25 LK (15%)

Definatly not as hard as LK was at 10%. LK was more unforgiving, defile wipes instantly, tank gibs + cooldown mismanagement.

Halion is just positioning, you can afford dead players, the only tricky phase seems to be phase 3 and with gear, hes not even difficult, Only reason there wasnt a kill was due to latency, DC's and not enough time.
    Thank You

yarite :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&cn=Nollie

If it was even as close to as difficult as LK heroic then guilds wouldn't be posting videos of it on youtube.

this will be downed by pugs the day of release, heroic mode on the other hand yes maybe only guilds for the first few weeks but normal mode will be cake walk to easy loots, please do not compare this to lich king as its difficulty is no way near that of the Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by allay
    Well why shouldnt he be harder? Just because Lich King is a mad mofo and appareantally the Villain of WotLK - but Blizz still has to fill quite a gap for the 'High End' Raiders until Cataclysm release... so making the new encounter a bitch of a fight would actually make kind of sense if you ask me.
    You seriously want a new Kil'Jaeden aka "oh shit,we released the expansion end boss too early,now we gotta fill the gap to not lose customers" boss?

Wasn't even close to LK when we tried him.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Atleast there is lore-wise link between Illidan and Kil`Jaeden , filling the gap between expansions . KJ possessed illidan to become a selfish bastard ( that didn`t dropped Cursed Vision of Sargeras for me for like 61 kills and 1 week later i got my Duplicitous Guise ) and KJ was creator of Lich King. It`s better related than Lich King itself and some purple dragon related to non of current content and prolly providing some future info about Chinman ( Deathwing ) zerging Azeroth crying for his precious disk

And on topic : As far as i can remember just erm like 3-4 encounters that requires so much precision in every single move u make like LK Hc. Halion Hc gonna die like 3h after 3.3.5 hit live servers

Lich King is quite the complex fight with a lot to manage and pay attention to over a fairly long period of time. Heroic Lich King take it all, gives it even worse things to pay attention to, makes it easier to die, and makes the enrage difficult.

Heroic Halion spawns fire, adds, and beams you shouldn't touch.

lolno, will not be harder. Will not be the same. Will be tons easier. Halion isn't a fight to keep the hardcore raiders entertained. It's a fight to give higher-end loot out to casuals for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenithar
    You seriously want a new Kil'Jaeden aka "oh shit,we released the expansion end boss too early,now we gotta fill the gap to not lose customers" boss?
    Hell yes I do. We've been raiding ICC for over 6 months now, even more if you count the guilds that did PTR. That's longer than we raided Naxx, and that stretch made people want to gouge out their eyes. And there's still a hella lot of time left. I was planning on leaving when Cata launched--might be sooner if I don't get something else to do. My entire guild is burned on ICC.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

They should really add something challenging to Halion p3 abililties in order to keep pugs obtaining 284lvl items ( aka LK Hc lewt )

Guilds are posting videos of attempts, not kills, aren't they? Heroic mode?
    The difference being this really gets hard in the last phase, much harder than the first 2, the first 2 are easy; they are just a sampler of phase 3. Its like the kael'thas fight, where you see the adds on their own, one by one, early on, then later on fight them all at once.