Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Sub par boomkin performance (or so I believe)

Weeeeell, to be fair, I did respond down the thread at least :P

Im only in a 10mans guild, so dont consider me a elitist in any way.

Typhoon is the one spell that makes us do Saurfang hc, as we only have 3 ranged at most.
    This means that I solo one of the adds each time. Without typhoon (unglyphed ofc), this would prolly end badly.

So typhoon has its use. But ofc, Im guessing this will not apply to most here, doing 25 man, 25man hc and such with much more ranged. =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I'll be honest, I'm replying to all of this before I check and see if its been covered already :P

Trinkets sucks. Best of luck getting drops

1. The badge cloak is quite good. Unless you find yourself needing hit, you shouldn't have to worry about the other one. And to be frank (my father is Frank, actually. Hmm, currious), you can cover the hit on other items, assuming your guild keeps progressing.

2. Why are you only using moonfire? What is your argument for this? Long story short, you get the biggest benefit out of casting IS just before solar eclipse, and MF just before lunar eclipse - and only at these times (Consult the moonkin guide for a longer explanation).

3. Are you moving around a lot on these particular fights? Are you eating slimes and malable goos? We use a system om Festergut that means we don't have to move very much at all. I move for 2-3 seconds to reach the spore (we are all 16-20 yards away from the meeting point), and a few seconds to clear any malable goo. Apart from random vomits, it should be a pure nuke fight. On Rotface, you can plan ahead: If you see slime vanishing from the lot next to you, you can move over towards that area on your globals. You know it will have to slimify the 3 other areas before slime will be there again.

4. You are not in your balance gear, so I'll keep it short. Yes. From ze guide:

Meta: Always use the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond.
    Blue: You will want to only use two blue gems to activate your meta. You should be using SP/spirit gems, and preferably in blue slots only.
    Red: Red slots should always, always, always be pure spell power gems.
    Yellow slots: Yellows change a bit depending on your caps. If you are not hit capped, a SP/hit, or even a pure hit gem, will be the best to equip. If you are not haste capped, then haste is what you should focus on. After your soft haste cap, which is very easy to reach these days, you should gem yellow slots with SP/crit, if the socket bonus gives you +5 spell power or more. Once you have covered your soft crit cap, because of the slight favor to haste, SP/haste gems becomes the better choice in yellow slots.

Talents:

Your spec is - sorry - not optimal. Again, look at the guide for reasons and whatnot. I'm gonna point out the irregularities here, and if you feel like it, you are free to argue with numbers on why you prefer these talents over others.

Brambles: Not worth it.
    Balance of Power: Definately worth it. Thats 105 hit rating for two talent points.
    Owlkin Frenzy: Each point gives you about 0,5% DPS increase on average. Its quite poor. I'd suggest using that point in Typhoon instead, as it as least have some uses.

Also, you can consider moving the point from Moonglow to Genesis. Genesis is terrible as well, but its better than mana regen that you don't need
    Consider it done:
    Id really wish you didn't go and tell people that 5/5 Genesis is good. This is incorrect. On the Festergut kill you posted yourself, your dots are a total of 11,6% of your damage. This means that the DPS increase you got from 5/5 genesis was 0,5% for all five points. So each of those points in Genesis gives you 0,1% DPS increase. This is absolutely terrible, and I wont have you going around telling people that it's good, unless you can argue for it.

You should also note that, because you have 0/2 Balance of Power, you are currently 2% below hit cap. If you have 320 hit rating, you can take out ONE point from BoP, but not both. Your 2% hit is much more important than the 0,5%-DPS-per-talent-point you are getting from Owlkin Frenzy.
    You should ALWAYS try and keep the hit you gain from gear to a minimum (ei 10% if you are horde). If you can spend a mere 2 talent points on FOUR % hit, then that means you can get items without hit, with more haste and crit. There is no other talents you can take that gives you any bigger DPS increase. You use the points in Owlkin Frenzy? That is documented to be 0,5% DPS increase per talent point. Three points in OF is a 1,5% DPS increase all in all. Go ahead, look at your logs, and notice how little uptime it has in ICC. If you had those talents in BoP instead, and got more haste and crit from items to balance out your hit, it would be a much better DPS increase.

It doesn't matter that you out DPS another moonkin with different talents. Theres not really any guarantee that he knows what he's doing either. In fact, if you change your ways, you could do even more DPS. In any case, movement should (and can) be kept to a minimum. Your overall damage is still 85-90% starfire and wrath, which means you're standing still for that.

Funnily enough, you link EJ - but you don't follow what EJ sais either.

You have been Qieth'ed!
    lol :P
    All of this. I'm not one for saying "Lol follow this and you'll be pro" but seriously, it's all true.

Anyone who tells you Genesis is a great talent to put 5/5 into is not a reliable source of information imo.

I THINK THE FLOATER POINT SHOULD GO INTO Feral Aggression!

nuff said.
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory