Thread: New to Priest

New to Priest

I just lvled my disc/holy priest to 80 last week and already working on gearing it for future raid. My question is what prof. is good for disc/holy priest. I appreciate your sincere reply.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: New to Priest

Jc/Bs.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted

Tailoring can be beneficial for the darkglow embroidery (and more useful for crafting your own gear), although the traditional answer is JC+BS.
    Engineering is not so great for healing, but still useful

cant go wrong with tailor/chanting imo. lv tailoring then d/e the stuff u make to lv chanting.

Unless you have an express intention in somehow ending up as part of the world first team for Ruby Sanctum 25 Heroic, it won't really matter than much. While there are some Professions that are slightly better (and perhaps more flexible, like Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing), the bonuses themselves are largely the same for healers.

That said, the only ones that essentially benefit you nothing is Herbalism (because it's self-heal is terrible) and Mining (because that tiny extra amount of health just isn't worth it when compared to any normal profession).

seems odd blacksmithing is on this list.
    what benefits does this profession provide to a healer?
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Tailoring is a great prof. I leveled it on every clothie I have, the back enchant for mana return is very good. As second prof. I would take one of the following:

* alchemy (cheap to lvl, but a pain in the ass if you are broke and have no toon with herbalism)
    * enchanting (you can enchant your own stuff and you can disenchant all gear from quests etc., you should have leveld this along with your priest tbh)
    * jewelcrafting (expensive to lvl but you can choose what stats to get)
    * Inscription (probably the cheapest and fastest prof to level, I don't like it because it takes away the pvp enchants and the possible stats you can choose from are limited, unlike jc)

Quote Originally Posted by chupatwo
    seems odd blacksmithing is on this list.
    what benefits does this profession provide to a healer?
    Blacksmithing allows 2 addition sockets to be put into your gear, so you can pick whatever gems you want to put in them

That said, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Alchemy, and Inscription will all give very similar, if not identical benefits in spellpower.

The tailoring cloak enchant is pretty awesome though

For DPS, Lightweave Embroidery (Tailoring) is a BiS enchant. For healing, Darkglow Embroidery (Tailoring) is a BiS enchant.

Pick up Tailoring before you grab anything else. Next one's up for grabs with Jewelcrafting (all around good), Alchemy (nice for extended flasks as well), Enchanting (mediocrity), or Engineering (excellent for Shadow, a nice extra cooldown as a healer).

What you choose for the second is up to you, hell even a gathering profession. But don't get caught without Tailoring.

~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

TY evry1 for ur replies. i really appreciate it. :-)