PVE prefer resto or elmemental

im trying to make up my mind for pve/pvp do raids perfer resto shammys or resto druids mainly? ik there will be a shammy in the raid for heroism and opinions for pvp, thanks.

Re: PVE prefer resto or elmemental

Ele, because resto is a pretty weak healing spec in pvp.

i guess ill take advice from u u have a good arena rating n alota sp

well what about pve is resto needed that much? or what you perfer an elemental shammy in raids

Quote Originally Posted by xjswift
    well what about pve is resto needed that much? or what you perfer an elemental shammy in raids
    Chain heal gets boring, I prefer dpsing, it's your preference.

resto shammies for raids there is usually at least one for every 25 man raid
    and not many eles
    Tycat was here

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor
    Chain heal gets boring, I prefer dpsing, it's your preference.
    true it does get kinda boring

I've raided with both specs and tend to find I do a better job and consequently have more fun when healing.

Healing is more interesting in my opinion, as you have to be reactive to the situation rather than just working through a rotation untill the boss falls down.

(Did I do DPS a disservice there )

Quote Originally Posted by Argator
    I've raided with both specs and tend to find I do a better job and consequently have more fun when healing.

Healing is more interesting in my opinion, as you have to be reactive to the situation rather than just working through a rotation untill the boss falls down.

(Did I do DPS a disservice there )
    nah, just means you play a bad elemental shammy. As an elemental shammy you have to make up for the lacking dps with interrupts, slows, dispells, roots, good placement of totems. otherwise you could just as well be swapped out for a demo lock, or another dps class if you already have a demo lock and a resto shammy.

lol i better make up my mind before i choose my tier peices.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

My shaman is resto main spec, ele off spec.
    I raid mostly 10's, and resto is much more fun to play than 25's. I catch myself using chain heal a lot more than I want to, only because there are more targets in range, which make it more effective. In 10's, you are pretty much required to use your other spells, which for me, is a lot more fun and challenging.
    Ele is fun too in 10's, because you can offer so much more in smaller raids than bigger ones. Your totems mean something, your aura is much more desired, so on, but your overall effectiveness as dps won't go down with more people. It goes up, cause of all the other buffs people provide you with.

Resto is a bit more fun in BG's for me than Ele
    Ele is a lot more productive for soloing than Resto

imo, if you do small raids, go resto. If you do large raids, go ele

true, thanks all for your input ill try to make up my mind.

Deleted

Ele, bcoz EotS.
    /thread

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Both specs are pretty simple to play with mainly only a few buttons to press and a lot of spamming 1 ability involved, as far as PvE goes.

It's more rewarding to play a Shaman in a 10man raid than in a 25man. As already stated you end up using a wider range of your abilities to make a difference in a 10man. As Resto its spamming CH and casting an occasional hastened HW to get a massive heal on a tank or bringing a DPS from 10% hp to 100% in one heal.

If you want to challenge yourself, play Enhancement.

As Resto on in PvP you have to use every trick in the book to survive.
    As Elemental you can kill people easily even if you're a clicker and keyboard turning, atleast in BGs. Arenas are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    My shaman is resto main spec, ele off spec.
    I raid mostly 10's, and resto is much more fun to play than 25's. I catch myself using chain heal a lot more than I want to, only because there are more targets in range, which make it more effective. In 10's, you are pretty much required to use your other spells, which for me, is a lot more fun and challenging.
    Ele is fun too in 10's, because you can offer so much more in smaller raids than bigger ones. Your totems mean something, your aura is much more desired, so on, but your overall effectiveness as dps won't go down with more people. It goes up, cause of all the other buffs people provide you with.
    I pretty much agree with this. I also raid 10 mans, and enjoy both specs a lot doing 10 man content.

I used to be ele/resto, but i got really bored of resto, so i went ele pve/ele pvp. I really love eleental for its simplicity on the dps charts, but its utility in pvp. If you know what the hell to do, you can go really far in pvp/pve
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

I prefer elemental above not only all shaman specs, but all specs in game. I have a lot of fun with it and to well on dps charts. I dominate when I was part of guild with regular raids, but do fairly well in irregular pugs. I do find that I often do a lot of the dirty work that no one seems to notice. I don't get as many "props" as I do healing. But, I don't really care and enjoy doing the little things. I've also saved quite a few raid wipes when I end up healing in elemental. I think elemental is by far the smoothest transition to healing of all dps specs that are capable of healing. You don't loose tree of life like druids do, you don't need to drop shadow form to heal like priests have to and we don't loose spell power like paladin dps do. I might not get a lot of props for doing so, but I like knowing that I prevented wipes on pretty much my own.

My Elemental:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...raenor&cn=Nair

Yes, I am aware that I am over the hit cap by over a 100 points. I'm trying to shave the hit, but I'm having pretty bad luck as far as ICC runs go. Nibelung, which is surprisingly good for shaman as I tend to have as many as 3 Valkyrie out at once on boss fights, is the only item I have won a roll on in ICC. I also know my spell power is on a low side, as I made a choice to gem for haste a little sooner then I should have. But, my haste is 666, which is pretty cool. If only for the symbol 666 represents.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

in the mean time i think ill play ele for pve n once i get better gear ill respect enhancement n ill probably play ele in pvp.