Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Band Shirt Posers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hughes
    call me when you kids get out of high school and have more interesting things to think about.

seriously.
    Because answering threads like "What is your favorite class?" "What is your favorite mount?" "What class do you play when you get bored of your main?" and "What is the best caster class?" with single word answers is much more interesting than having somewhat intelligent conversation about music and bands.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    racism is becomming more tabu and homosexuality is getting more accepted now with that being said shouldnt ppl be alowed to wear what ever they like?
    Neither of those things are true, and even if they are, they are progressing positive manner very slowly, and are tottaly un-related. People should be allowed to wear what they like for the same reason the KKK can continue to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusttoes
    I was sitting in one of my college classes today, just started for the summer, and this kid walks in and sits near me wearing a Metallica shirt. Anyway we were like 10 min early so we were the only 2 there so I started talking and I like Metallica, not enough to wear a shirt, so I ask him what is his favorite album. And he doesnt even know the name of 1 album...

So I was like what are you favorite songs, and he names me 2 of their most over played songs that anyone who was listening to the radio would know. And I would ask different songs and if he liked them and he would tell me he doesn't know or doesn't remember.

Like I said, I like Metallica's music (the older shit mostly) but I don't go wearing a Metallica shirt, because they aren't a band I really like, but I knew more about them then this kid wearing their shirt knew.

Anyone else had something like this happen and hate it as much as I do for whatever reason?
    You seem like a real asshole, what does it matter if the kid wears a t-shirt of a band that he only knows a few songs of? Maybe he just fucking liked the shirt?

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't care what anyone else wears tbh. They don't know the band? Oh well. Maybe their friend or sibling got it for them. Maybe it's not theirs and they just grabbed it.

People need to stop caring what everyone else does....really.

They are giving your fave band more money. I'm sure the band wont complain.

All the stuff wrong with the world today and you get mad over some random dude wearing a shirt from a band that he doesn't know every song of?
    Dinnerbone-because I binged your mother.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    You seem like a real asshole, what does it matter if the kid wears a t-shirt of a band that he only knows a few songs of? Maybe he just fucking liked the shirt?
    How am I an asshole, I didn't call him out and make fun of him, or rip his shirt off and throw it out the window. In fact we never really said anything after.

And if you look back a few pages, their obviously are a few people who think it matters like myself. It's not a crime but it's just a pet peeve of mine and others and we are talking about it.... so gtfo if you don't want to be a part.

im assuming OP is original poster, but yeah man i kinda know what u mean. most band shirts i wear i listen to the band quite often except for one shirt, my High on Fire shirt. i can tell u about how they started but cant name ne albums, lawlz. my favorite shirts, i actually bought at the show when i saw them live. Goatwhore and Skeletonwitch FTW!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anaeth
    All the stuff wrong with the world today and you get mad over some random dude wearing a shirt from a band that he doesn't know every song of?
    People like you make me laugh. I guess I could post another thread about gearscore or talk about how <insert raid> is too easy or <insert expansion> sucks. Because I guess those are SO important.

Or I can complain about a topic that isn't discussed much and bring something new to the forums rather then the same oldcrap that is reposted every day... hell every hour.

Would that make you happy?

I own 4 band shirts from 3 bands. Big fan of all of them.

<3 Cannibal Corpse
    <3 Amputated
    <3 Basphitzed

I will agree that anyone wearing a band shirt but with no knowledge of the band is something of a poser. But I'm always wary of this kind of discussion because the heavy rock/metal/whatever crowd (the ones that I've encountered at least) tend to be a good deal snobbish.

I got into dragonforce because the song that they had on guitar hero. it wasn't like I was good at the song and just liked to brag about my awesome skills, I just liked the way the music sounded. And after hearin that song I went through some of their other songs and found them to be pretty enjoyable. But I encountered a dragon force fan, he asked if I liked them, and when I answered yes he raised his eyebrow and asked if I only started listening after guitar hero. And before I got out more than the word yes, he told me I wasn't a real fan. I could probably tell a half dozen similar stories

the point being, I get a little cautious around the heavy crowd because they seem kinda snobbish an will judge you harshly upon some very trivial details without getting the whole story.

Again. I'm sure not every heavy metal listener is like this. Just my experiences with the few that I have had interaction with.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    I will agree that anyone wearing a band shirt but with no knowledge of the band is something of a poser. But I'm always wary of this kind of discussion because the heavy rock/metal/whatever crowd (the ones that I've encountered at least) tend to be a good deal snobbish.

I got into dragonforce because the song that they had on guitar hero. it wasn't like I was good at the song and just liked to brag about my awesome skills, I just liked the way the music sounded. And after hearin that song I went through some of their other songs and found them to be pretty enjoyable. But I encountered a dragon force fan, he asked if I liked them, and when I answered yes he raised his eyebrow and asked if I only started listening after guitar hero. And before I got out more than the word yes, he told me I wasn't a real fan. I could probably tell a half dozen similar stories

the point being, I get a little cautious around the heavy crowd because they seem kinda snobbish an will judge you harshly upon some very trivial details without getting the whole story.

Again. I'm sure not every heavy metal listener is like this. Just my experiences with the few that I have had interaction with.
    Kinda like folks that say if a band is playing on the radio that automatically makes them mainstream and thus, they suck.

Because when a band wants to make some money that makes them bad and a bunch of losers.

Dragon Force wasn't a big name until right about before Guitar Hero 3 had them on their list, I knew about them before, and I enjoy their music a bit, though I personally find they are overrated, they are still a decent band to listen to when you want something decently fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusttoes
    How am I an asshole, I didn't call him out and make fun of him, or rip his shirt off and throw it out the window. In fact we never really said anything after.

And if you look back a few pages, their obviously are a few people who think it matters like myself. It's not a crime but it's just a pet peeve of mine and others and we are talking about it.... so gtfo if you don't want to be a part.
    No you didn't call him out, instead you came to a forum and talked shit about him like its any of your business what shirt he wears, unless I was not informed last I checked you didn't make the rules on what shirts you can wear without being a poser. I looked at all the post and I noticed they where a bunch of assholes like yourself, this does not mean anything other then the world is full of assholes and you're one of them.

10+ Year Old Account

when this shit has ANYTHING to do with the game World Of Warcraft ill voice my opinion otherwise put this shit up on some other forum damn u

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    ...But I encountered a dragon force fan, he asked if I liked them, and when I answered yes he raised his eyebrow and asked if I only started listening after guitar hero. And before I got out more than the word yes, he told me I wasn't a real fan...
    This made me laugh a lot. Why should the reason you start listening to a band matter? ???

Also, I consider myself for example an Amorphis fan but I wouldn't really be able to name the songs (actually, even albums) between Tales From the Thousand Lakes and Eclipse, mostly because that part of their work is rubbish in my opinion. So not being able to name every single song of a certain band doesn't mean you're not a fan really.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476
    Kinda like folks that say if a band is playing on the radio that automatically makes them mainstream and thus, they suck.

Because when a band wants to make some money that makes them bad and a bunch of losers.

Dragon Force wasn't a big name until right about before Guitar Hero 3 had them on their list, I knew about them before, and I enjoy their music a bit, though I personally find they are overrated, they are still a decent band to listen to when you want something decently fast.
    3oh3 was 10x better when they weren't mainstream. props to them for making it but I used to listen to them all the time, now that they're on the radio i can't listen to it anymore, it's depressing. its more for the fact that now everything they make is going to now be overplayed till my ears bleed and overall it's just a sad thing to watch the band slowly die because of it

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    No you didn't call him out, instead you came to a forum and talked shit about him like its any of your business what shirt he wears, unless I was not informed last I checked you didn't make the rules on what shirts you can wear without being a poser. I looked at all the post and I noticed they where a bunch of assholes like yourself, this does not mean anything other then the world is full of assholes and you're one of them.
    0/10 for troll attempt. If it wasnt a troll attempt then 0/10 for intelligence level and you are lucky I even reply to you in this post. I don't like to speak with morons because I believe it may be contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813
    when this shit has ANYTHING to do with the game World Of Warcraft ill voice my opinion otherwise put this shit up on some other forum damn u
    OK MAN, I CAN TELL YOU MEAN BUSINESS SO YOU DO THAT. Thanks for the bump though.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Well dunno, I try to match the shirt and band if possible, but sometimes you have no matching shirts available at the moment. That's why I wore an Amorphis shirt to a Nightwish concert. :-X
    something makes me think you're from finland!

Quote Originally Posted by Pest
    3oh3 was 10x better when they weren't mainstream. props to them for making it but I used to listen to them all the time, now that they're on the radio i can't listen to it anymore, it's depressing. its more for the fact that now everything they make is going to now be overplayed till my ears bleed and overall it's just a sad thing to watch the band slowly die because of it
    Yes, this here I will agree with on a little, what usually ends up killing a band is when they are on the radio (As I stated earlier) the songs will become overplayed to the point where people just shut the band out entirely. It soon just turns into a slow but sure ending for the band.

I was kind of scared when I noticed Atreyu get on the radio when they released "Lead Sails Paper Anchor." the album in my opinion was VERY lacking as they changed the style way too much to get on the radio. The latest album "Congregation of the Damned" I feel is a huge improvement from the last, and they returned to their hardness a bit. Only one song so far was played on the radio and I don't hear it anymore, so I guess they lucked out a bit.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire
    But I am not. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire
    One does not need to be from Finland to enjoy Finland's fine metal scene!
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down