Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How many of us have been hacked?

Hacked? Never
    Had my account compromised, once, the day before I was getting my authenticator even >_>

Yeah your computer is not the only place security matters. Website databases get compromised too, so people who have their WoW account name/password the same on a website (most commonly, guild website) often get their account compromised without any threats present on their own computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminance
    Nobody has been "hacked", but they have been phished or keylogged.
    I wasn't phished either. I can spot the phishing e-mails a mile off (except one I wasn't sure about), and there's been tons lately. The one I wasn't sure about, I logged onto eu.battle.net and raised a ticket to ask them if it was genuine, rather than follow the (obvious, when I looked at it the second time) false link.

*raises hand* >

with an authenticator

this would have been better as a poll im curious as to what the percentage would be
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

My little brother has been hacked twice. I've been playing since 2006, and have never been compromised. Started using the Authenticator app on my phone last year, even though I'd probably be alright without it.

Obviously this is anecdotal, but yeah. The evidence would seem to say that Blizzard's security is fine. People are just not good at protecting themselves.