Deleted

Disc. Application

Hi,

This isn't a name or shame thing I just simply don't know enough about Disc and the Disc spec to make a call on this player:

I've copied the spec & glyph's into Wowheads talent calc so no names or servers or anything and it's here:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVsbuh...MtcLxcz:AfmMz0

From things I've read, spec wise he should have PI and PS but on his application he says:

'I dont use PS and PL so that why i dont have it.'

Now is that as bad an answer as I think it is, or is there a valid reason to miss out those two talents and spec this way?

Re: Disc. Application

I play Holy, so this may not be entirely correct...

The PI might be optional if he is happy with haste and his mana consumption.

PS is vital. All panic buttons that can potentialy save a raid members live is a requirement.

Lowering threat and reducing damage take = life saver.

Well if you don't use PS and PI as a disc our not utilising your class to the max. So yes that's bad. And not using the power shield glyph is just ....

PS,PI, Soul warding are must and renew glyph suck, PWS is a must have, spell warding>divine fury
    Deny his application ASAP

Declined.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clueless disc priest imo

PI is not for yourself, it is for the caster with the highest DPS. PS is for tank emergencies. Never take glyph of renew as Disc, and Glyph of PW:S is mandatory. As samurai put it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Clueless disc priest imo

TBH, that spec is terrible, for several reasons.

1. Soul Warding is absolutely required. Being able to use PWS without the 4s CD is vital to the functionality of the spec. Some encounters require heavy PWS usage, so not having that will severely limit his throughput. Even worse, the point he should have put in there is in Silent Resolve, which is useless for PVE content.

2. Pain Suppression is required. Sure, it isn't as awesome as Guardian Spirit, but it's still a very useful tank CD, especially for predictable incoming damage like Festergut or Lich King. The fact that he doesn't use it just shows that he doesn't understand how useful that ability is or put any effort into trying to figure out how it can be useful.

3. Power Infusion isn't quite at the level of the above two, but it's pretty darn close. It's something that's extremely useful as a healer when HPS is limited and it can help you or another healer get out some much needed burst healing. However, in a lot of encounters these days it's not used for that and can, instead, be put on a Mage or Warlock to help boost DPS and meet enrage timers. Again, that he can't think of ways to use it indicates that he hasn't put any effort into figure out how to use it; it should pretty much always be on CD unless it is being saved for a specific point in a fight.

4. Glyph of Power Word: Shield is required because there is no better second glyph. It's free healing on a spell that a Discipline Priest should be casting often. It's miles better than Renew or Flash Heal. In fact, that he has those other two glyphs indicates that he's probably casting Renew and Flash Heal more than he should, and probably also indicates that he's either horribly undergeared for the content and needs the mana efficiency from the Flash Heal Glyph or, more likely, is not making good use of his mana cooldowns and/or is ending up with all kinds of excess mana that could traded for throughput.

5. Glyph of Shadowfiend is easily the best raiding minor glyph and there's simply no reason not to have it. In general, all Priests should have Shadowfiend and Levitate for minors, with the third being optional.

So, in short, based just on the spec, he seems pretty clueless, and I imagine there's probably even more problems with his gear and style. Personally, I would immediately deny his application to any sort of raiding above casual. He needs to do some serious reading before trying to raid.

If i saw someone app like that id abuse them for ruining the game.

truly terrible. so so many reasons. 1 point in silent resolve and not soul warding is reason enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Personally, I would immediately deny his application to any sort of raiding above casual. He needs to do some serious reading before trying to raid.
    I'm in a fairly casual raiding guild, it's fine if someone doesn't know every single mechanic or spreadsheet; but if you call yourself a disc priest and don't have Soul Warding, PS or PI you are not coming to MY raid because you have no idea how healing works as disc. Also, no glyph of PW:S? WTF!

I'm betting this is one of those priests whose dual spec is shadow and doesn't get it when people suggest that Mind Sear isn't the spell to be using when there's only 1 or 2 targets (which seems to be about 30% of the shadowpriests I see in LFD randoms lately).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

That spec is so bad, it makes me believe there is a troll, either it be the op or the person that apped..

That spec is that bad. For reasons posted above.