Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm: Skin/minor model change

In Cataclysm many of the races will gain help from their brethren. The Night Elven Mages will be Shen'Dralar, and the Dark Iron dwarfs allies up with Ironforge dwarves.
    Many of Azeroths races will have to face either doom or joining other tribes.
    This is a great opportunity for Blizzard to make more money and gain more and happier players.

All the races will be able to choose from different skins at the character creation screen, they will share starting zones but have different background stories.
    (Blizzard will of course give us the opportunity to change skins for the same price as race change)

Proposed skin varieties:
    Alliance:
    Night Elves - Shen'Dralar
    Humans - Fat Humans, High Elves
    Dwarves - Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves
    Gnomes - Leper Gnomes
    Draenei - Telaar Draenei, Broken Ones, Lost Ones
    Worgen - Stay tuned

Horde:
    Orc - Mag'har, Blackrock Orcs
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Revantusk Trolls, Shatterspear Trolls
    Undead - Forsaken Dwarves, Forsaken Elves, Forsaken Gnomes
    Blood Elves - Cleansed Sunwell Elves
    Goblin - Stay tuned

Inputs, anyone?
    And keep in mind that many of these options ain't the best fit, comment more on the idea of skin/model changing than these ones.

Edit: Added some of your suggestions.
    Also, should class restrictions apply?

Re: Cataclysm: Skin/minor model change

Dark Iron Dwarf skin already exists for player selection.

"Outland Blood Elves", don't they look exactly the same as existing Blood Elves?

Unless you're talking about green crystals in the chest ala Kael?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Dark Iron Dwarf skin already exists for player selection.
    Dark Iron Dwarves have red glowing eyes and darker eye sockets
    "Outland Blood Elves", don't they look exactly the same as existing Blood Elves?
    Something like that maybe.
    Of course what skin or model changes could happen is up for discussion, but what do you think of the idea?

15+ Year Old Account

I too always thought they should have more options for the races skins or whatever, like the buff trolls ( I guess that's forest troll?)

I really don't know much what the alliance could use for altered skinns but yeah

tauren-taunka
    troll-forest troll
    orc-mag'har orc
    undead-undead troll or orc or something (humans aren't the only ones that die)
    blood elf-???

"Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Deleted

Can't say that I fancy the idea of skin changes as it would take some time to make all the gear fit and to make all the new character models/emotes and whatnot.

Tauren - Taunka (They appeal to some)
    The Taunka is a different race than the Taurens, so that would be hard.
    The Taunka are the ancestors of the Taurens, possibly at least, but you can't call a Tauren for a Taunka... they're not the same race.
    To do this would mean to include a new race in the expansion, and we've already had Worgen and Goblins as the confirmed races.

Those are the Fel Elves, traitors to the Sin'dorei community and would never, ever be accepted as a part of them. They're killed on sight for their crimes against Silvermoon and the Sunwell.

Dark Iron Dwarves have red glowing eyes and darker eye sockets
    Enough with the glowing eyes already, we got Night Elves, Blood Elves, High Elves and Death Knights with glowing eyes already.
    And besides, not all Dark Iron Dwarves have glowing eyes, so I'm guessing that it'll be those who doesn't that will join.

Humans - Fat Humans (As in the Major Quimby at the DK starting zones)
    Again the character model and texturing thing. This would probably only appeal to a small part of the roleplaying community, as the "fat" human models can't be very suited for fighters or soldiers.
    Draenei - Telaar Draenei (The half-broken draenei sort of...)
    The Draenei in Telaar are Draenei who either stayed or returned from the Exodar to protect their Broken "family". So they would look exactly like the Draenei that exist right now, unless you mean the broken in which case you'd be running around looking like Akama... I'd love to see Akama in the Mage T10.
    Also, the Broken are considered "their own race" and seek independance from the Draenei.
    And the fact that there are no currently known models for the females doesn't support this.
    And to do repeat the Tuanka part. We've already had 2 confirmed races.

Aand... I'm out of time, but you get the idea, I'm against this

Proposed skin varieties:
    Alliance:
    Night Elves - Shen'Dralar Highbourne
    Humans - Silver Covernant High Elf.
    Dwarves - Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Gnomes - Leper Gnomes.
    Draenei - Telarri Broken.
    Worgen -

Horde:
    Orc - Mag'har Orcs, Blackrock Orcs
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Forest Trolls. (Reventusk, Shatterspear)
    Undead - Forsaken Elves, Forsaken Dwarves, Forsaken Gnomes. (They were in Lordaeron at the time too)
    Blood Elves - Cleansed Sunwell Blood Elves.
    Goblin -

Some Class restrictions would have to apply. (In a similar fashion to the DeathKnight exclusive skins.)
    eg.
    The Human variation High Elf wouldn't be selectable by Paladins.
    Draenei Broken wouldn't be able to be Paladins or Priests.
    Night Elf Highbourne wouldn't be able to be Druids.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    the Variations include:
    High Elves look like Blood Elves, but with pale skin and blue or gold eyes.
    Dark Iron Dwarves have blackened skin and red eyes.
    Wildhammer Dwarves have fleshy skin and tattoos.

Forest Trolls have green skin and moss.
    Taunka are cousins of the Tauren, and are members of the Horde post-WotLK.
    Forsaken Elves appear similar to the Dark Rangers and Sylvanas.
    etc etc.

I think its a great idea, just need to come up with something better to suit the races without alternate looking subfactions. (Gnomes, Blood Elves...)

Quote Originally Posted by Truffy
    Dark Iron Dwarves have red glowing eyes and darker eye socketsSomething like that maybe.
    Of course what skin or model changes could happen is up for discussion, but what do you think of the idea?
    The idea is good, but definately needs some tweaking.

Taunka as an alternative model for the Tauren is a must... hell, they officially joined the Horde and then was never heard from again.

Only problem is... not all races have the possibility of having an alternative model (Leper Gnomes for example is a no no) and for them to do this, equality and fairness needs to be maintained.

Therefore Blizzard will only do this if they can do it for all existing races, which i don't feel is possible at this moment in time.

If blood elves looked like the guards in silvemroon did, I might not want to claw my eyes out everytime I see them

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury
    Proposed skin varieties:
    Alliance:
    Humans - Silver Covernant High Elf.
    Why? High Elves are a completely different race from humans, and should not go under a human skin variety, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela
    Can't say that I fancy the idea of skin changes as it would take some time to make all the gear fit and to make all the new character models/emotes and whatnot.
    So you know... the gear is only ever created to fit humans.

It then stretches over the other models like a canvas.

If you think armor models are made individually for each race, then you are very naive.

If trolls merged we'd finally get troll warlocks?
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbunjo
    Why? High Elves are a completely different race from humans, and should not go under a human skin variety, imo.
    The idea is good, but definately needs some tweaking.

Taunka as an alternative model for the Tauren is a must... hell, they officially joined the Horde and then was never heard from again.

Only problem is... not all races have the possibility of having an alternative model (Leper Gnomes for example is a no no) and for them to do this, equality and fairness needs to be maintained.

Therefore Blizzard will only do this if they can do it for all existing races, which i don't feel is possible at this moment in time.
    This is why.

Alliance:
    Night Elves -
    Humans -
    Dwarves - Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Gnomes -
    Draenei - Telarri Broken. (Ones that look like Akama)
    Worgen -

Horde:
    Orc - Mag'har Orcs, Blackrock Orcs.
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Forest Trolls. (Reventusk, Shatterspear)
    Undead - Forsaken Elves, Forsaken Dwarves, Forsaken Gnomes. (They were in Lordaeron at the time too)
    Blood Elves -
    Goblin -

Some of the obviously have bigger differences than others. Some of them are similar a change of skin and eye color.
    If it were to happen I would expect a High Elf option for either Human or Night Elf. Obviously Humans and High Elves are different, but they share a lot of the same class options, similar strengths and weaknesses and the lore between them has been intertwined for how many decades?

Quote Originally Posted by Rulli
    Troll Warlocks were at Blizzcon...

Deleted

So you know... the gear is only ever created to fit humans.

It then stretches over the other models like a canvas.

If you think armor models are made individually for each race, then you are very naive.
    To be honest, I don't think they're made for every race specifically, but I'm sure there are more things to that then you say, and things aren't always as easy as they seem to be.
    But still, I am as a person, very naïve, but that's not what this topic is about.

To be honest, I don't think they're made for every race specifically, but I'm sure there are more things to that then you say, and things aren't always as easy as they seem to be.
    The process is very simple, they make armor for humans then stretch it for the other races as Ikkatsu said.
    All Blizzard has to do is once design where shoulders go, where the legs start and end etc., then all the armor in the game will fit to that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulli
    If I'm not mistaken, trolls practice Voodoo...and it's not the same school of magic...

To OP...Races are fine...we just need the ability to tweak their appearance a little more..MINOR size increase/decrease(because all living things are clearly the same size and build)...more flare (earings, tattoos, more hairstyles, etc)

I know it's a game...but I also know that there ARE people out there that want to be able to customize their Toon/Avatar a little more...wouldn't be hard at all...and would make alot more people satisfied...

/insert OMFG OTHER GAMES DO IT!
    /thread

Obvious Achievement Whore is Obvious...

ever since tbc came out i wanted my orc warrior to be one from outland with red/dark brownish skin and be taller or whatever !!!! gief

I suggested some thing like this on the official forums a few months back.

Forgot that they will just charge extra instead of adding it into the game... So... I dont care any more.

Shen'dralar is just a separate faction of night elves that look no different.

The Draenei in Telaar are Draenei who either stayed or returned from the Exodar to protect their Broken "family". So they would look exactly like the Draenei that exist right now, unless you mean the broken in which case you'd be running around looking like Akama... I'd love to see Akama in the Mage T10.
    Also, the Broken are considered "their own race" and seek independance from the Draenei.
    And the fact that there are no currently known models for the females doesn't support this.
    The broken are Draenei who were abandoned by the light, they don't seek independence you're confusing them with Lost Ones. There are a few broken allied to current draenei with Nobundo being the most famous and there is a small faction in swamp of sorrows which might play a big role there in Cat. You're right about them being their own race.

Deleted

With independance I meant more like indipendance as a race, not to be ruled by others.
    But as they are their own race, it would be highly unlogical to make them a new skin for Draenei either way.