A new character, achievements and joining a pugraid.

How do you guys do that? I made a new char a while ago, my main account was hacked and only partially restored, so I thought the hell with this Imma start over.
    I'm slowly nearing that 5K gearscore everybody's demands for even the most mundane tasks and dont foresee any problems there. the main drawback is achievements.

I cant get into ANY pugraid cause this character hast done those raids yet. My previous guild is kinda deserted atm, and i'm not foreseeing any toc's being run there in a while as they're in ICC atm, and my gear aint up to spec yet. So lets try VOA! you can basically do those in your underwear. "sorry you dont have the achievement" ...but i've done it a trillion times before... hello hello?

well you get the idea. so how do your alts, newmains get these Attunechievements? People advise me to join a new guild, but most on my server demand higher GS and previous raid experience on played character :P so tell me your secrets!

cheers.

Re: A new character, achievements and joining a pugraid.

"How do you guys do that?"
    I'd like to know that too ???

exept for the hacking part I'm pretty much in your boat. I was in good newbie raiding guild, we cleared Naxx and where working our way into Ulduar. I took a few weeks of, noting massive. I come back to a broken guild, everyone scatted, left or just migrated from the server. I did not find a good guild for that month so I took a good long 6 month break.
    Only to find the GS and the achi fad had gotten worse. Hell, there where even ppl doing GS check for the HC's , it is that sad.

In my case I threw a ragefit in my room (no I don't post much on forums lol) and rerolled on a server where I knew a person IRL that still plays. Actually, after a week I migrated my main to that server. Right now things are still not going all to well (empty guild is empty) but the GS/achi fad is less over there. So it I think it depends from server to server. People are even being nice there, its scary.
    (thers also allot less epeening going on in general, just an idea: if you want to get to know the server make an alt, get yourself to Dala somehow and run around looking at the characters. If thers constant peening over the well/Karsus landing with the dead drakes/ironbound then imo thats not good news. At least it was that way on my old server. While where I'm on now seeing one is 'omg rare event'

as for raiding ... I'll just wait for Cata and start again when nobody has achievement 'this' and GS 'that' on the new stuff. meanwhile I'll be buissy raking in cash and lvling and alt.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, sounds like your server sucks, either keep asking hoping you find a RL that isn't GS obsessed or xfer to a different server.

15+ Year Old Account

The easiest way? Start your own raids. If you know the fights, lead them and go from there. If you don't feel comfortable as the lead, ask the MT to do it, they are usually good at raid leading, healers as well. You'll get the achievements fairly quick, especially for VoA, which is super-easy these days.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

just go and make your own raid? :S

Fake Achievements

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ievements.aspx

Or they have to inspect you, but I doubt everyone does that for VoA.

Deleted

Go with a friend. I had a friend on an alt yesterday, without icc achievement.

So someone in trade asked for more for icc10, so I said "inv me and xxxx". The guy asked me if I had the achiement. I linked my kingslayer, and he got inv automatically too

Just keep trying. Try getting some all server Heroics going to kind of get your name in peoples faces. When your told you can't join because you lack gs/achieve just say its an alt. Eventually you will get a group. Persistence, its really all you can do. Or start your own voa's/weekly raids. Its not like you need vent for those.

Deleted

If ppl ask in trade: /w me GS and achievment. I /w my GS. If I dont get invited I tell them that my main has the achievment and if they want that they may check it on the armory. If they dont invite me then I ask them to ask me a question about a perticular boss. Answer it right and you are in. If that doesnt work, just make your own.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    Yeah, sounds like your server sucks, either keep asking hoping you find a RL that isn't GS obsessed or xfer to a different server.
    This,find a medium server.
    If you hate gearscore do NOT play the top 60 servers or so.
    Trade chat on Blackrock/Illidian looks like this:
    "LFM ICC25 5.8K GS,ALL BOES AND 2 ITEMS RESERVED PST WITH GEARSCORE AND LINK ACHIEVEMENTS"
    "LFM TOGC25,PST WITH A Tribute to Insanity10M OR NO INVITE"

1 - be nice to people. dont just link your GS or just yell at them "I know all the bosses". explain urself.

2 - get a guild, definetely. explain yourself to people, be nice. I rerolled from EU realms to US realms on february and i was 80 at beginning of march. I completed first 6bosses on my char on EU realms and that was it. I told the situation, gave armory links to my old chars, told them I was left behind because I was rerolling. spend time on ur application and people will spend time understanding you then you can get into a decent guild. I started from 0 on february and now I helped my 11/12 guild kill the LK and I'm progressing into hardmodes with them!

3 - never, ever use fake achievements. people are not retards. people who are using them are retards tho. I once had someone telling me he killed the first 6 bosses before but he was whispering me achievement for a full clear (perfect example of a retard) Personally, I ALWAYS armory check people before inviting. I ignore every single person who whispers me fake achievement.

People in my old guild who were on alts would ask "can someone link me their achivement to VOA25man" so they would link mine and get invited.

I even seen someone link 10,000 honor kills for a VOA pug and get invited. I think most people mainly focus on the part where it says "completed" or "has earned" on the achivement tab, so it wouldn't shock me if people did get invited with someone elses achivement linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    People in my old guild who were on alts would ask "can someone link me their achivement to VOA25man" so they would link mine and get invited.

I even seen someone link 10,000 honor kills for a VOA pug and get invited. I think most people mainly focus on the part where it says "completed" or "has earned" on the achivement tab, so it wouldn't shock me if people did get invited with someone elses achivement linked.
    then it would still say completed or has earned by(name of the one started the link) and ofc get in a guild. ask say its your new main. but your old main got all achiev(link amory and start /wing with him first so they know its your char and not a random dude)

10+ Year Old Account

I whisper people on my main if they need a mage dps. And say that i don't have achiv on that char etc.
    Would be like this: "Hi! Do you need a mage DPS? If so could i join on my mage alt, (he have ..gs if the RL are asking), i have achivement on this character and i have done loads of ICC runs so i know what to do. "Links 25m achivs"
    Or if i ask from my mage alt:
    "Hi! I'm a decent geared mage who wish to join your run. I do not have the nescessary achivement though, but i have on my main so i know what to do. In addition i'm a good player who knows how to play and will be a great asset to the raid"
    Used this to get into ICCpugs before;D

When i started on a new server i had the same problem i just said its on my horde char on draenor gave the RL the name and he would invite me he doesnt even check

I just ignore the request for GS and achievement and ask if they need a <insert class here>. 80% of the time you'll get an invite anyway in my experience

Deleted

Usualy I just say "I dont have the achievement on that toon yet but I do on my main"
    haven't run into a guy who had enough time to waste to ask me to log on my main to show him and then back on the toon I wanna run with.
    and if they bitch I simply tell them "I'll still do better than any twat who got the achievement after spending the entire fight dead and waiting."
    I cant even count on my hands and feet the amount of raid I joined that asked for achievements and still failed miserably.
    Achievements dont even mean you achieved anything, that's how bad it is, but people just feel safe if they know you've been in the place before, no matter how bad you did. Because this is a nobody game, where everyone is just a nobody, a tool, for everone else to complete their run. A rogue is a rogue, the guy with the achievement and higher gearscore is the best, even if he died at the beginning of the fight and he has the wrong gear just to boost up his GS, wrong gems and no enchants while at it since it doesn't even show up in GS.
    Wait did I make this all sound very messed up? OH PROBABLY BECAUSE IT IS