Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tip for Sindragosa Heroic RNG Ice blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea
    We two-tank Sindragosa.
    Rarely - but it has still happened - our off-tank has been hit with the ice block.
    As a Bear Druid, she has never had less than 50k hp while fighting Sindragosa, and has upwards of 70k at the moment.
    Although it hasn't happened in awhile, it happened.

Perhaps it is based off of your current HP and not your max HP?

I havent been targeted by frost tomb as MT or OT since the first two weeks of her release, seems to me like it was a bug and they fixed it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    I havent been targeted by frost tomb as MT or OT since the first two weeks of her release, seems to me like it was a bug and they fixed it somehow.
    We got our OT targetted on our attempts and it definitely wasn't within the first or second week after the release.

It's random, just because it didn't happen, doesn't mean it won't, and just because it did happen doesn't mean it always will.

What you're saying would equate to Sindragosa not having anyone to target if everyone in the raid went with a couple of PvP gear to get over 40k HP*, which I don't think is a mistake Blizzard would make, specially since they KNEW they would be giving a buff to health.

* I had 36k HP in my last run on PVE-only gear, so it shouldn't be hard to reach
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

We got our OT targetted on our attempts and it definitely wasn't within the first or second week after the release.

It's random, just because it didn't happen, doesn't mean it won't, and just because it did happen doesn't mean it always will.

What you're saying would equate to Sindragosa not having anyone to target if everyone in the raid went with a couple of PvP gear to get over 40k HP*, which I don't think is a mistake Blizzard would make, specially since they KNEW they would be giving a buff to health.

* I had 36k HP in my last run on PVE-only gear, so it shouldn't be hard to reach
    Obviously getting 10 people above 40k hp isnt going to BREAK the encounter and make NO iceblocks happen.... That would be bad bad design, but I can tell you with certainty on Hard mode 10 man difficulty, 40k hp players wont be ice blocked in any phases where frost beacons occur. I'm sure there are exceptions to prevent breaking the encounter. But Blizzard would absolutely design something and implement the buff and forget about something like this, its happened before. For all we know they designed Sindragosa before they even decided to make the ICC buff.

random = random.

Put it to a test:

Have everybody in the raid with over 40k HP (gemming straight HP should suffice), except two people. If those people are ALWAYS picked for Frost Beacon, you're right. If ANYONE with over 40k HP is picked, you're wrong.

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Well there is a method to how they see who is a tank and who isn't.
    I always offtank and turn off Righteous vengeance when the fight starts. This because I sometimes the MT gets unlucky strings of chilled to the bone.
    Yet I have never been the target the iceblock in either normal or heroic mode.

Next reset I'll ask our holy pala to equip stam trinkets and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    Well there is a method to how they see who is a tank and who isn't.
    I always offtank and turn off Righteous vengeance when the fight starts. This because I sometimes the MT gets unlucky strings of chilled to the bone.
    Yet I have never been the target the iceblock in either normal or heroic mode.

Next reset I'll ask our holy pala to equip stam trinkets and see how it goes.
    I'd imagine their would be some kind of stipulation depending on the number of people with 40,000 or more health. Ours was 2 tanks 2 plate dps above 40k, the other 6 only got Ice blocked for about 35 attempts. When the 2 plate dps went below 40k, they also got Ice blocked in both air phase and ground phase p3.

I'd imagine is 8 people were 40k+ it would be a little awkward if you had 2 ice blocks in phase 3 and then u waited for a 3rd just to see what happened?

It is true, if you have over 40k health you will not get targetted for an iceblock.

Yea, pretty sure they changed it a few weeks after HM's were released. I tank the encounter and I used to get Beacon just as much as everyone in the air phase. One week i stopped getting beacons. havent been targeted since.

TBH the HP rule seems pretty plausible.

15+ Year Old Account

Put it to a test:

Have everybody in the raid with over 40k HP (gemming straight HP should suffice), except two people. If those people are ALWAYS picked for Frost Beacon, you're right. If ANYONE with over 40k HP is picked, you're wrong.
    Make that 9 people, and then if the only person to get iceblocked during a flight phase is the person below 40k, then your correct, since ive had flight phases in the fight where 5 people were alive on 25man, 2 of them were tanks, the other 3 got targetted, it wasn't allowed to target tanks so it targetted less than the maximum it could target.

Deleted

Put it to a test:

I'm a DPS warrior, I reached 40k after the second set of buffs (10%). Now, I've wiped alot there, on 25man heroic, for reasons unexplained (crap play, but shh, it's a secret), and I didn't get tombed once. Now sure, that could be coughed up as random, but the other plate DPS'ers haven't gotten their asses tombed either.

40k is the cutoff, it makes sense and answers a question that's been boggling me for ages.

Thankyou.

PS; I realise the post quoted makes this seem out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    40k is the cutoff, it makes sense and answers a question that's been boggling me for ages.
    Do the test, eliminate the randomness. In 10 man the most you get at a time is 2 tombs, if you only have 2 people capable of being tombed, those two people will ALWAYS be tombed.

Show me a video or logs with this, and I'll believe. Until then, it's just speculation.

Oh yes, and for good measure it has to be more than one try, although one try where the same two people were ALWAYS the ones tombed would already be pretty un-random.

This is very intriguing, thank you for the post. It seems plausible for sure. Myself, I am a tank and I have been MT or OT on this fight, 10M and 25M every single week since it was available. I remember at the start we used to sometimes get RNG and one of the tanks would get marked. One time I remember getting marked twice in a row in P3 and the current tank died because his stacks just kept building and couldn't reset.

But in the last few months I've never been marked either for an air phase or for P3. Never. I'm talking a lot of attempts too, since we have been working on getting 25M hard mode down we've done several nights a week with pure Sindy attempts. I have never been blocked in any attempt in recent memory. I'm guessing that it's true that they added some sort of cutoff HP point for tanks to reduce RNG, since you can resist the frost breath debuff (especially while wearing a FrR set for hard mode). You can also clear it with intervene, HoF, shapeshifting, etc..

Now, if only they would add some sort of qualifier (at least for 10M) where you can't get healers frost tombed twice in a row in 10m. It's hard enough when you have a healer with unchained, then another healer gets tombed. But when it happens twice in a row you're pretty much doomed.

Dope

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank
    bring more casters

the problem isnt your healer being chosen to ice block

the problem is healers being ice blocked + healers getting unchained

bring more caster dps so healers have less of a chance of getting picked

yes, healer in ice block + unchained healer = 1 healer going OMG IM THE ONYL ONE LEFT TO HEAL XD.
    You've not done sindragosa, have you?
    Besides, Sindragosa isn't hard to 2 heal. I solohealed it successfully in normal10, and have 2man healed it in 10heroic sucessfully. If a healer gets ice blocked in heroic10 and you 2 man heal it, just tell your dps to nuke that ice block instantly. It's not like you have to lose magic buffet on every single ice tomb.

Deleted

I got blocked once as a OT, right when I was going to taunt Sindra (this lead to our 1st kill!) and i had ~60k hp. So it cant be "40k hp and you wont get blocked".

This was on 25m tho, dunno if its any diff in 10/25.

If you are worried about healers getting ice tombed, you can always bring a 4th healer. That's what my group did the first time we killed her in 10m. But the main thing to do for p3 is to have communication between the healers. You always have to have 1 healer stand out and keep the tanks up in p3. Rotate between the healers on who does it so the others can reset their stacks. If you have 1 healer in an ice tomb and 1 with unchained magic, there's a lot of pressure on that last healer but just break the healer out so he can pick up healing again.

i'm pretty sure out OT got blocked on 25 HM sinny last tuesday... and that bear doesn't go below 70k (well about 50k in cat if i recal correctly)

100% confirmed. Had 3 people in the raid with less then 40k. Had all 3 healers and the other dps above 40k and they never got blocked in any air phase nor in p3. This totally trivialized the encounter because it took away the RNG of having a healer in a block and one with unchained while one healer had to try and keep up the tanks / raid / HoT the person going into a block and wipe their stacks all at once. TY for the strat.