Poll: Why make Shadows Edge if you arent in line for Shadowmourne?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why make Shadows Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001
    Look at this jerk, keeping all the BOEs for himself.
    I feel bad for your guild.
    Sure, go ahead, but remember to feel bad for my PuG not my guild. I'm willing to share most of the BoEs with the guilds, but I couldn't care less for the puggers I'm with (maybe I will give jaina's locket to my friends' alts in the pugs, but not the completely strangers :/) The reason I go with PuG on my alt is so that I can keep the BoE to myself :/

My main is a Priest, and after our first Shadowmourne accidently used all his 5 BoEs thinking the quest is repeatable (we got it the first week the quest is out, so there weren't many informations around), we decided it would be unfair to force next Shadowmourne's owners to share w/ others, so yeah here I'm going on my quest to get Shadowmourne on my alt.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I care about the thread because it's entertaining me.
    You're entertaining me and I'm sure even you know it. Im just waiting for work. Already showered, eating my breakfast, texting misc people and F5in' this thread like it's Myspace (not that I use Myspace :>)

Plus I already stated that they're idiots only under very precise standards.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm having Shadow's Edge because it's my offspec and emblems are just flying in now.

Also you forget one thing.

Heroic Cryptmaker might be available but with the shit luck on RNG drops, until then Shadow's Edge is still something to pass the time while you wait for RNG to let the bloody thing drop.

That and most guilds use a DKP or EPGP system rather than selling for gold.

So people that work hard and deserve it, get it.

Of course If I was MS Ret and knew it would drop every week then yeah, I'd sell Primo's for gold instead and get HC Cryptmaker (if my guild were to accept gold for loot that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    Some one, please, lock this thread. The OP is obviously a troll, that doesn't care about any other opinion then his own.

Yeah, you're definitely a troll..
    It's sort of intriguing to see all the different reasons why people got their Shadow's Edge.
    Sure I couldn't care what any of you think, or how wrong I am. But I'm not even defending my opinion with an iron fist because nobody (so far) has matched the guidelines of what I think would classify them as silly for having one.

Umadtho.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    What exactly is difficult about Shadowmourne?

Souls - Easy, you'll get 1000 in about 2 weeks of a full 10 man and half a 25 man run no problem.

Unholy Infusion - Absorb the slime then kill a boss? Wow that's well hard isn't it?

Blood Infusion - Partly RNG orientated if I read it correctly but simple enough.

Frost Infusion - 4 breaths, easy with cooldowns and if you are a DK it's even easier in Blood with the self-healing Death Strike.

The Splintered Throne - 50 shards at 25-50% droprate on normal 25 man, easy. It will take a while, sure, but it's not exactly hard.

So, Mr. OP, you seem to think we were stupid enough to think that we'd get Shadowmourne? Well given the evidence it's about as hard to get your hands on as Paris Hilton is (i.e - not very). If I were a more suspicious man I'd think that someone just got passed over on the Shadowmourne priority list or can't seem to make enough gold to buy Shadow's Edge.
    for the blood infusion isnt it where u have to bite 4 targets and kill her? if so thats not so RNG its more of hows ur threat. the highest threat dps will get it so its not soo bad on RNG u can triks MD the target. for paladins toss up rightous fury dks goe frost and fury warriors just keep doing what ur doing =P

Get both; HC Cryptmaker MH and Shadow's Edge OH

That's how I roll 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolux

That's how I roll 8)
    This guy knows whats up.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tolux

That's how I roll 8)
    Bah. Goddam you Fury Warriors!

Well played though

for the blood infusion isnt it where u have to bite 4 targets and kill her? if so thats not so RNG its more of hows ur threat. the highest threat dps will get it so its not soo bad on RNG u can triks MD the target. for paladins toss up rightous fury dks goe frost and fury warriors just keep doing what ur doing =P
    It's not very RNG oriented if you ask the group to bite you 2nd, or go with a friend who knows how to gain threat so he get bitten 1st and tell him to bite you next ;p
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91
    If you allow the person who is trying to do the infusion run in with the 2 main tanks and beat her up for a quick 10 seconds you should have no problem getting the first bite.

Apparently those people were silly enough to think they were getting Shadowmourne. A majority of them, at least.
    Hmm, I don't see it that way. At the time it was still a BIS weapon for most classes (with heroics not existing). They way most "hardcore" players play is they try to min/max regardless of cost.

Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Quote Originally Posted by Xentin
    Hmm, I don't see it that way. At the time it was still a BIS weapon for most classes (with heroics not existing). They way most "hardcore" players play is they try to min/max regardless of cost.

And that's exactly why they don't classify as the "majority".

Working on Shadow's Edge, really, because I can. Not a hardcore raider by any means. I can't see myself getting my hands on Shadowmourne any time soon, but between badges and gold, getting the Saronite is not overly difficult at all.

Basically, it's a fairly easy-to-get weapon that a more dedicated casual player(Oxymoron?) can get if they'd like it. Serious players can grab it and go the extra mile to make it Shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcore
    Because Heroic Cryptmaker wasn't available at the Plague Wing release, simple as that for me.
    This. Although it got replaced by Glorenzelg quite recently. Probably the best 30k or something I've ever spent.

Sup just dinged to junior member.
    Going to work now, don't ban me bro!

Dont worry about waiting till 85 to get SE o SM, there will probly be lvl 83-84 Quest blues that are better

Because Shadows Edge only went for 50 dkp! No cash, no nothing except Dkp

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Hi, my dk is full sanctified T10 and the extra frosts number like 120, hardly enough for getting at least half of the saronites, wouldn't you say ?
    Hi I'm running 4/5 T10 Resto and 2/5 T10 moonkin for my offspec, 360 Frost badges. Do the daily every day before saying something isn't possible.

The point of my question is to get answers while I burn my last 20 minutes online. Which is exactly what is happening.
    So you admit your trolling?