Deleted

[Cat] Hersir's Greatspear vs. Tainted Twig of Nordrassil

Hello,

I wondered wich one of those weapons would be better?
    The spear has got more ArP and more hit, so I'd had to gem more hit and less ArP if I equipped the twig, but it's Agi/Sta stats are pretty nice!

Spear-Equipment
    Twig-Equipment

So.. Wich one would you take?

Oh and.. Please don't complain about my banner trinket, DBW just doesn't want to drop when I'm present

Regards,
    Fyir.

Re: [Cat] Hersir's Greatspear vs. Tainted Twig of Nordrassil

At this point the extra attack power on the Twig is probably more beneficial to you but once you can get your arp up a little higher the added 40 on Hersir's should pull ahead of the Twig.

I would drop all the hit gems to get closer to the arp cap and use the tainted twig setup, you don't need to be hit capped, it's just convenient. and as a Nelf never aim for over the dranei cap unless you're arp and crit capped. I would never gem it ever before arp cap, but thats a preference thing, and i'd reccomend picking up the badge cape it far surpasses the Nerubian Silk.

Deleted

Well, I didn't care much about hit, until someone told me that hit is the most important stat, next to expertise.
    My miss chance was at about ~2%, though.

However, are there any statistics about these items?

I guess you could always try simming both sets with Rawr (or something similar) and see which is better.

The person told you wrong. Hit is about worthless til you get crit capped and armor pen capped. with just swapping to all armor pen gemming you will end up at 1316 arp with just the 1 10 all stats to meet your meta. if you swap to the emblem cape you'll be at 1368 arp and 129 hit if you keep precision on your gloves. I'd reccomend swapping out your banner for the herkumi war token also.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    The person told you wrong. Hit is about worthless til you get crit capped and armor pen capped. with just swapping to all armor pen gemming you will end up at 1316 arp with just the 1 10 all stats to meet your meta. if you swap to the emblem cape you'll be at 1368 arp and 129 hit if you keep precision on your gloves. I'd reccomend swapping out your banner for the herkumi war token also.
    He better doensn´t

I did the math, and would, by that, say that [Tainted Twig of Nordrassil] is better than [Hersir's Greatspear], piece to piece, but it all boils down to what your current gear is.

To give a comparison between the two, including the 'direct' stats only:

[Tainted Twig of Nordrassil][Hersir's Greatspear]Difference

(F)AP35263358168

ArP9010919

Crit173.479 (3.779%)53.441 (1.164%)120.038 (2.615%)

Hit05353

DPS281.5267.314.2

And both give a red and a yellow socket with the same socket bonus. On a genereal basis 53 Hit rating + 19 ArP does not beat 168 (F)AP + 120~ Crit rating + 14.2 DPS.

Note that the DPS values are not correct. These are values provided on the weapons, and not the values in Cat Form. Since I am in a little hurry right now I haven't got the time to look up how these values translates upon entering Cat Form, but the (F)AP and Crit rating alone beat the Hit rating and ArP, so it wouldn't be that important anyway.

Hit and expertise are never good until you've capped arp and crit.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

General rule of thumb for a feral weapon is highest ilvl is usually better.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Twig because it gives more gearscore
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted

By far the most important stat for ferals is weapon dps, all our abilites scale really good with it. So go with the twig.