Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ironforge duelers, you are missed...

Has anyone else noticed how the people dueling outside the gates of if now a days seem to be non existing? in vanilla there was an army of them, still about the same in tbc but now perhaps more recently or from the beginning of wotlk they are almost all gone! although sometimes there are one or two or even three.

I thought it might be the servers i am on; stormrage eu pve server and argent dawn eu rp server.

I kind of miss for example flying into if and always seeing all the duelers below me.. gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling... damn right! and i very often joined in on the dueling fun if i had nothing else going on.

Anyone else share my feelings or my sightings? XD
    Norway Ftw!

Re: Ironforge duelers, you are missed...

Yes, same on my server...kinda feels like people dont like dueling anymore QQ . I miss those days
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Casuals don't duel

Deleted

Dalaran sewers anyone? (:

I miss them too. All those good times popping out with my rogue when they had just finished dueling for the easy kill :'(

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Transfer to another server? Ive played on Outland-EU for a while as alliance and you can basicly duel 24/7 there. :

10+ Year Old Account

They will be back once Cataclysm is out.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eniah
    Dalaran sewers anyone? (:
    In due time the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be ready. Their first act of aggression will be to gank those who lose duels in their sewers! You'll see!

Faction change.
    Org and Durotar are the best!!

Deleted

Most people these days duel in Dalaran Sewers or under Dalaran in Crystalsong. I myself do see few duelers from time to time in front od OG but nothing major, maybe 6 - 10 people. I have seen realms like Stormscale EU or US Blackrock and Illidan where people actually duel, like... A hundred at the same time. Probably depens on realms, how many PvPers you got and how much they wanna compare their epeens. 8)

Half of Stormrage transferred when the FCT was up

Anyway, most people on my server now seem to use Dalaran sewers. Particularly as you can duel Horde and extend that cross-faction ePeen.

Omg I miss that!!! Haha it's not just your server, mines the same way. Like you said, there was an army of people out there in vanilla but if you remember correctly, there was also NOTHING to do inbetween raids during vanilla. No arenas, no dailys, no WG. So we resorted to anything to keep us occupied. Sometimes on my server people will start up duels out there and invite people out through Trade Chat though.

Most duels on my server now take place in dalaran sewers cus you can duel opposite factions. I personally don't like it because I get too much lag issues in dalaran but on my server they're down there 24/7 dueling.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

On my realm, Aszune EU Alliance side it seems that they have moved to Goldshire in Elwynn Forest..

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    Faction change.
    Org and Durotar are the best!!

If you want to engage a mob somewhere I'd be happy to drop out of the sky for a tasty duel.

I never grown quite as fond of the dalaran sewers as i was for gates of if. The sewers are so... sewery and underground, i really like the sky and the height and ofcourse the snow. I find the color white to be soothing to look at.

On my orc Shammy i do tend to hang outside org, its an okay place you know perhaps not so lush as id like but on a cold winter day in norway it might be a bit more comforting than dun morg. However There us still something that doesnt ''click'' with me than any other place but gates outside if
    Norway Ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    Casuals don't duel

Deleted

play on a pvp server maybe? On H Darksorrow its full of dueling ppl.

We got duelers there on my realm, I think some people perfer it to dalaran because its lag free so I dont really see the problem.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Oh oh the gates of Ironforge. So epic it was! Indeed with half the Alliance being there. As if Blizzard meant it all to be!