Thread: Macros?

Macros?

Iv looked them up and cant figure out what they do or how to set one up. Can somone Fill me in on what there are there for. I see macros for everything and i just cant figure out what they do or what they are?

Re: Macros?

I'm not a macro enthusiast, but think of it this way;

You can bind several commands to a single button.

Like a series of commands that will use <Trinket 1>, then instantly use <Spell X>..

Someone will probably be able to explain it much better than I..

Btw, you open the macro interface by typing "/m" or "/macro" in chat. (without the quotes, ofc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted

They allow you to evaluate certain conditions and execute actions based on those.

Do alot of kids use them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnyboy
    Do alot of kids use them.
    I don't actually understand what you are asking there. Pretty much every raider uses macros.

A macro can be used to consolidate various actions onto a single button or keybind, either through conditionals or through modifiers.
    Say for a few examples I use myself.
    Drain Soul, Shift for Drain Life, Alt for Drain Mana.
    Fel Armor, Shift for Demon Armor.

So that is 2 buttons used only for all of those.
    I have a macro which will evaluate if I can use a flying mount in a specific region, taking into account the oddness of dalaran and wintergrasp and using flying, ground or if swimming the turtle mount as appropriate.

Those are just basic examples of what they are capable of if used correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

alright how how do i set on up. i want to be able to put all my spriest dots on on button

Look through this page to get an idea of some examples for shadowpriests.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_priests

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Sounds like you will end up with a Castsequence macro.
    Pressing a button multiple times will cast each spell in a sequence.

Code:
    /castsequence Spell1, Spell2, etc
    That works fine for a fixed rotation or sequence which does not change, but dreadful for anything dynamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.