Poll: How much gold do you have?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: How much gold do you have?

im terrible at making money can someone tell me how to make those huge amounts of gold? i mean like 5k+ a day? cause there's lots of things i need and i could really use some help getting tips :P í've got a BS/Miner 450 and a herb/alch 450, any tips? thx 8)

Highest I have had is around 100k, but gearing alts, buying 300 riding, power leveling professions etc can take it's toll, so 60k at present.

Only proactive source of gold at the moment is the uncut gems I sell on the AH from the honour I gain from BG's on my main, other than that it is just quest / heroic gold really.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan
    im terrible at making money can someone tell me how to make those huge amounts of gold? i mean like 5k+ a day? cause there's lots of things i need and i could really use some help getting tips :P í've got a BS/Miner 450 and a herb/alch 450, any tips? thx 8)
    flasks is a good thing to start with then I guess.

I got ~210k gold on alliance side and ~100k gold on horde side. Gained from JC, Enchanting and inscription.

But I'm not trying to get any more gold nowdays, I think I got catas gold sinks covered.

And I think that I'll get even more gold when cata hits, with new gems and enchants
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

Quote Originally Posted by det
    82 000 gold.

Including: 6 characters with epic coldweather flying (that clocks in at 36 000 gold minimum) and a Mechanohog for my main..another 13 k.
    Somewhat along this lines. I quit because I didn't like the direction the game seems to be taking, but I had 2 accounts with 8 80s on one and 3 on another (all with epic + cold weather), 2 were gold capped, and four mules with full GBanks full of crap with only knows how much scattered around and within the actual banks themselves.

As far people asking if you're just lazy that you don't have obscene amounts of gold, no, you're not really. The game doesn't require you to continue to keep a constant, reliable source of gold incoming since raiding was virtually almost always a small profit when all was said and done once dailies were introduced. As long as you can afford the essentials it really doesn't matter how much anyone has because everything beyond then is just fluff in WoW. Those "prestige" weapons and armor you see each patch sound really cool and may seem mandatory, but you can just PUG and get something damn near equivalent anyway so the purchasing power is a moot point.

Granted, if you're trying to make money and fail that's another story -- you're just a terribad at that point.

Inb4 It's over 9000... :P, Around 5k :-[.

Inb4 It's over 9000... :P, Around 5k :-[.

Always have enough gold, that is probably the best answer i could give, sadly this doesn't work asw IRL though.

Good advice about getting gold is sadly AH, learn to watch prices and fluctuations in there and you can make a lot of gold in practicly no time at all. You don't need any addons for it but it helps.

Other things could be to use your professions wisely, always check for the best craft compared to the cost of materials, if you're stacking 2 collection professions (skinning/mining/herbalism) try looking for the most cost-effective nodes, once again look at the AH which material sells for most and compare it to time consumed to get it.

Getting gold is really not that hard, have been sitting on almost 100k once and i very seldom try to get gold, but i spent loads on getting my alts geared, epic + cold weather for all of them above 70 (7 or 8 of them), a mechahog and god knows what i spent gold on just for the sake of not really needing gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenir
    How do you guys get so much money so easily ??? :P I very rarely get over 1k :/. Or am i just lazy?
    I am sitting at 51k. But for me, the reason I gain money is because I have so little to spend it on. Have all the fancy expensive mounts. All 8 of my alts have epic flying...etc. Once I didn't have anything to spend it on, it just kept growing lol.

Sitting on ~110k gold atm, I don't play the AH or anything. The last 1000g I earned were all from raiding for a few weeks. When I feel like it, I spend my emblems on primordials / gems and cut + sell.

At 330k.

-1k. Dropped from 25k from selling crusader orbs, working on The Insane atm D:

I can never surpass 4k before being tempted to buy something stupid (pets, mounts, dalaran signet etc.).

160k currently, my gold sink this expac was getting all professions maxed now that's done i'm just cashing in on my professions

15+ Year Old Account

At about 47k now. I don't spend very much and I bring in enough to sustain myself raiding.

around 8k now, being very buissy boosting it so I can buy a choppa for my main before cata hits. I doubd that thing will get any cheaper.

threats like this make me wonder about the usefulness of money slinks . People who know how to rake it in will do it anyway. Good thing I have too much time on my hands so I can herb away.

Sitting on about 85k atm.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

I usually only have like 5-10k on me because I am constantly gemming and enchanting my gear. Lately my guild has been working on last 3 bosses of Icc( I know pathetic). Another big spending for me is my friends. I spend around 1k a week investing in my friends cash ideas.
    Level 80 Protection Paladin. Miner/Jewelcrafter
    Level 27 Restoration Shaman. Skinning/Herbalism