Master's Call bugged as of 6/1/10

Already opened a ticket and posted it to the official bug forum, but figured some of you should know in case you'd like to test it out before you get boned like me in Arena >.>

The Hunter ability Master's call I have found as of today is not working as intended. Although MC seems to break the initial slow/root, any slows applied afterwards at least in the form of crippling poison and chains of Ice are not stopped from being re-applied.

After further testing, root effects are protected for the duration as stated, as is a mages frostbolt, BUT the frostbolt debuff is shown and my character turns blue as a result, despite not being slowed by it until after the Masters Call wears off.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Master's Call bugged as of 6/1/10

Will have to check this out when I get home, this is srs bzns. MC is one of our few survivability/let's gtfo skills we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    Will have to check this out when I get home, this is srs bzns. MC is one of our few survivability/let's gtfo skills we have.
    why do i smell sarcasm here?
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly isn't sarcasm. I use MC in pve whenever a slow gets applied, and more importantly, when busy destroying frost mages/DKs in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    why do i smell sarcasm here?
    Dude, just don't say Thereign is using Sarcasm. Fanboys knows when this appears (me)
    I just did this myself, nothing really happened, dueled mage, and everything that implies a Slow-effect on me, and nothing happened to me, unless I did something wrong, I will keep testing tho

Mine works. I was using it in arenas earlier to slaughter hapless Death Knights and Rogues.

Whilst we are on this topic, can someone clarify:

Your pet attempts to remove all root and movement impairing effects from itself and its target, and causes your pet and its target to be immune to all such effects for 4 sec.
    This to me says sure my pet can break out of CC but if he is targeting that mage, the mage will also be immune to CC.. sounds like a double edge blade.

After reading into this more, do you "PvP'rs" have a macro to make your pet target yourself then use this ability? If so please share ^,^

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth

This to me says sure my pet can break out of CC but if he is targeting that mage, the mage will also be immune to CC.. sounds like a double edge blade.

After reading into this more, do you "PvP'rs" have a macro to make your pet target yourself then use this ability? If so please share ^,^

Cheers
    Only works on your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth

Cheers
    /cast [pet] master's call @ (hunter's name)

well small update, I was just in a bg and it seemed to be working fine. Perhaps it was a problem only on my end somehow, or perhaps it was under a specific set of conditions. I'll try some stuff out in duels and see what's up.