Help with my Gems

Hey guys, yes i know there are thousands of posts on this, and i apologize!

I was curious if you all could help me with my gear/gems, And if i need to make a switch to start gemming haste.
    I am aware there is a point to where you reach enough crit with fire to start gemming haste. I have read the FAQ in these forums, and im aware of the gems to use when haste/crit = 1.2 spellpower for me, but i am not sure how to figure that out, if crit does = 1.2 spell power for me, how do i determine this?
    I just found on a different thread Vontre's Magegraf, is that a way to determine it? the calculations it makes for me? And once i do figure it out, how long do i keep going with said gem, weather it be haste or crit, perhaps i just keep calculating it with magegraf? Please i would love some help on this, and insight as to how to figure this theory stuff on my own.

On a side note, i have been trying to follow rawr and what it tells me to gem, but its also going against what the FAQ says in these forums, my boots for example, rawr says i should put the spirit/spellcrit gems in there, but the bonus is more spirit? And another thing that i am kindof ignoring cause i assume its wrong, is rawr is telling me to change the majority of my current yellow gems, which are mostly sp/crit, to Intellect/spellpower? Is this a mistake? Or am i an idiot and should be following that.

Sorry for some of the walls of text, I would love some help though guys, really would appreciate it.

Heres my Armory, mostly play Fire now : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ople+and+Angus

Thanks guys!

Re: Help with my Gems

This is what came out with magegraf, http://www.magegraf.com/index.php?hash=af3934d6

Are these the numbers they mean in the FAQ? Perhaps im making all this to hard :P

If these are it, then can somone tell me if im on the correct path? BTW have a Draenei in all the raids i do.

if you have a moonkin or spriest, you're a bit heavy on hit and can free up 3.9 % hit. also if all the standard raid buffs are available to you, it's showing you haste i still better than crit for you since you have not hit the GCD yet, so haste would likely be better. Id need to know more about whether you have all available raid buffs to say more, but for now I cant say whether it'd be worth regemming as you're only 1 or 2 upgrades away from having enough haste to gem crit.

Thankyou phoenix for the reply!

At the moment i am just in a 10 man guild, and we do not have a boomkin/spriest, Draenei, is the only thing. Raid consists of Hunter(no replenish) Ele/heal shaman, heals half of ICC though. couple trees, paladin tank, 2 warriors dps/tank, rogue, me, Demo lock (YAY DP!). I am doing pug 25's though each week, and MIGHT join a 25 raiding guild if i can.

So your seeing in the Magegraf, the haste = 1.31, so because thats higher then the crit numbers, i need to gem that? and just keep going back and forth? Or gear towards that? To keep them balanced?

yeah, you'll definitely need to keep using a tool like that to be sure you're using information from your current raid buffs and not just the common knowledge FAQ as they assume every single raid buff is present. what Im getting for your buff makeup haste is marginally better than crit if the shaman goes ele(since he brings you crit), and crit>haste for those times he's only giving you haste as a healer. You can make a case for either, but right now I would generally say crit is better since you have no replenishment. That being said, If you are EZmoding every boss and are just stomping through with a good amount of mana left most fights, haste will get you a good return if you can get enough to squeeze in another fireball during "pushing the limit", so roughly 900 haste will get that for you since you're missing the 3% haste buff.

Cool, thanks! Now i need to figure out my other issue, once we kill LK, i wonder if i should get one of his weapons, if i do, i have a TON of hit to make up elsewhere. Trinket perhaps? but that would be a pretty good size dps loss

15+ Year Old Account

I suggest ring and boots for hit rating. There's boots off Saurfang 10 and crafted. Not sure where the hit caster rings are in 10 man, but there are a bajillion in 25, including a hit/crit off Marrowgar (you can PUG that) >.>

Also, if you grab the 1H LK weapon, go for the hit/crit offhand from Deathwhisper.