Looking for some PvP advice.

Hello all,

I've been trying to get into PvP a bit recently (as an Arms warrior), and where I think I'm an "okay" PvPer, I feel there's still a lot for me to learn.
    For starters, I'm not 100% sure how to gear. I'm under the impression that I should be going for ArP, so that's what I've gemmed for.
    However, I'm currently in full PvP gear (minus weapons), and I'm starting to think maybe I should get some PvE pieces?
    I feel that sometimes I just can't kill stuff...

Especially in 2vs2 (I play with a resto druid), if the opposing team has a (decent) healer, I can rarely ever kill them, usually just by making them go oom...

(actually, just had a 31 minute match vs a holy pally, after we killed his partner, yay for Dalaran Sewers boxes! >.> )

Here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...g&cn=Thermidor
    (I'll try to stay in PvP gear for a while )

Currently using NES, still hoping for a DBW to drop from my weekly pugging (only raid 10mans with guild).
    I've got Heroic WFS aswell, would that be better that NES? I'm not sure.

Basically, any advice you guys could give me, I'd be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: anyone else ever have moments where your weapon swap macro just outright REFUSES to work?
    I can't remember how many spellreflects I've missed because of this, and I can't see why it jams up...maybe my macro is shoddy >.>

Re: Looking for some PvP advice.

Warrior Druid is a very good comp, can't really tell you about strats (go to Arena Junkies and should be able to find some War/Druid strats) but the weapon swap macro I use is:

/stopcasting
    /equip Wrathful Gladiator's Decapitator
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Gladiator's Slicer
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall

I think your problem is no /stopcasting, well maybe not since you said it refuses to work. Link the macros so I can see if there's something messy with it. >_>

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I too have a cold hatred for a failed spell reflect, best you can do is anticipate the cyclone, and hope he has no addon to track your buffs.
    Everyone's insane but me...

My macro is:

#showtooltip
    /equip [equipped:shield,one-hand] Citadel Enforcer's Claymore
    /equip [equipped:two-hand] Bonebreaker Scepter
    /equip [equipped:two-hand] Neverending Winter

Can't say I'm very good with macro's, a friend of mine gave me this one :P

Adding /stopcasting might help I suppose...not sure

Also, been wondering about this....what type of weapon should I be using?

Currently using Heroic Citadel Enforcer's Claymore, since it's the highest dps weapon I have, and the sword proc, while unreliable, seemed nice to me for some unexpected burst..
    I have Ramaladni's for when I'm fury, would I be better off with that? It's only the normal version though (no luck with drops yet), so it would be less dps.

If you need a good spell reflect macro, use this (been using it since TBC):

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /equip [modifier:shift] 2H Weapon
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
    /stopmacro [equipped:Shields]
    /equipslot 16 1H Weapon
    /equipslot 17 The Shield
    I have it binded to R, so Shift+R equips the 2H weapon back.

If you want a simple weapon change macro, use this:

#showtooltip
    /equip [equipped:Shields] 2H Weapon
    /stopmacro [equipped:Shields]
    /equipslot 16 1H Weapon
    /equipslot 17 2H Weapon
    Queing HS or Cleave sometimes makes the weapon swap macros bug out.

Just copy my macro, it hasn't failed me yet. Use to use a macro similar to yours, had a few problems.

Stick with H Citadel Enforcer (even though I never liked the Sword special), T1 weapon and Shadow's Edge would be ideal until T2 wep for H 25 Weapons.

While playing Resto/warr target swapping and CCs are needed. You can't just loltunnel targets all the time. But while you start off on a target have your druid throw cyclones on the opposing target, when his CCs are on DR then you're safe to swap if you're getting nowhere with the target. And arena junkies is a really good place to pick up some macros. You should also use '/focus mouseover' macro to get a focus target.
    Here's some macros I use for focus targets:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus,mod:shift] Charge;Charge
    and
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus,mod:shift] Intercept;Intercept

what this will do is make it so both your charge and intercept when you use then while holding down shift it will charge/intercept your focus target without losing your main target. Very handing in stopping heals like penance or holy lights or to quickly swap targets. Also using the focus frame will help you watch for mages casting polymorph which is major with rdruid/ms war.

Gearwise in 2's I stick with a heavy resilience set against the double DPS teams. In 3's I go for more PvE pieces to up my arpen and blow some teams up running with ~800 resi, 60% arpen. Also if you can get Mjolnir's Runestone its much better than NES because NES only procs on crits which fighting against targets with resilience lowers your chance and being sword spec doesn't help your crit either =P. Also using the Ashen Verdict ring is very good, although I assume you're probably using it for prot atm.

If you have trouble getting people down and the match seems like it'll take like 30 minutes before RNG favors someone. Use sunders, it helps a lot. Especially against teams that are X dps / holy pally. Also using intervene to your druid and charging/intercepting back is a good way to hurt rogues since stuns are a rogues worst nightmare(ironic right lmao). Also pulling your overpowers so you can line them up with MS and get back to back OP procs is good. Especially when you want to setup a kill on a low HP target, god knows how many times I'd OP, MS and wait like 3 seconds for my swing because of no procs while the guy is dancing around with 1k HP.

I hope this post helped and GL.

I guess you are a nonclicker, and if you are not you realy shuld be one. This means you do not use you mouse to click on your attacks on the action bar, but you have hot keys for everything. It also helps a lot to have a mouse with more then the normal two buttons with a scroll.

You are right when you stack as much arp as possible. And you weapon is good, but you shuld change it for another spesialization. Axe are the best, then comes mace and sword is the worst. You shuld also change your http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43428 for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43423 , http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43417 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43416

What I do for weapon changes is that all the abilitys I need a shield and one hand for I add it to my macro like this:
    #showtooltip spell reflection
    /equipslot 16 <1 hand>
    /equipslot 17 <shield>
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive stance
    /cast spell reclection

This macro equips my 1hand and shield, uses spell reflection if I am in battle or defensive stance and if I am in berserker stance it changes me to defensive stance and uses spell reflection.
    And for changeing back to my 2h weapon I just linked my 2h to an action bar and added a hot key to that bar.
    This is all the same for shield wall and shield bash.
    If you do it like this you don't have to worry about your weapon macro getting fuckd up.

And for most of your abilitys that is not the normal attacks you use in battle stance you probebly want to make a macro for them so you don't waste any time on clicking diffrent buttins.

#showtooltip Intercept
    /use berserker stance
    /use intercept

You probebly know this, but you shuld do it with most of your abilitys that is not battle stance ability like intercept, shield wall, intervene, reclessness etc.

When you first are in berserker or defensive stance you normaly want to go back to battle stance asap. That is normal for a warrior, but remember that you just got back from berserker or defensive stance and probebly want to use MS and a slow on the target. But after that stance change you probebly don't have enough rage for that for the next secound or two. Here is a little tip for that situation: Use MS befor you change back to battle stance, then you have enough rage for a slow effect and you will get your next white attack to be rage in battle stance.

If you want to know my macros I can link them if you want or I can make some for you if you discribe to me how you want them to work (I can make almost anything you ask me to make).

Hope this will help you some with your arena progress

Big thing as resto druid/war is being able to avoid snares and big cc's like poly, since your druid cant dispel obviously. Get a shield bash and spell reflect macro for battle stance, they work MUCH faster than switching to d-stance. Only time you should be in d-stance, is to well.... be defensive or disarm.

Plus your druid needs to be a pro cc'er and do a good amount of damage as well. Make sure hes spec'd insect swarm, and have him dot up whatever target your on. Switch targets when his cc's go on DR. Resto/druid war is alot of switching and pressuring with cc's.

Resto/war isnt as good as it used to be, Hpally/war is ALOT better and requries alot less timing and execution. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Thanks for the advice all, I'll see what points I can improve on, got some good tips here.

And I'll guess I'll go axe spec as soon as that heroic Ramaladni's drops :P

Some of the macro suggestions I'll defenitely be trying out aswell

You'll probaply want to go with 4/5 PVP, and then the PVE legs you got now, as those are pretty nice. Along with that, use the PVE belt you got now too, and the PVE boots aswell. Try it out, and then ask your druid if keeping you topped off has become too hard for him. If that's the case, just switch the boots & belt back.

WFS probaply beats the crap out of the NES, so I'd advise you to drop the NES and use that one(espec since it's the HC version).

It looks like your Drood only has a PVE Healing spec and a Balance spec. Your Druid partner is missing ESSENTIAL Resto talents, like Improved Barkskin and Natural Perfection, and he's also missing the very much essential 2's spell, namely Insect Swarm.

Tell him to drop his Balance spec and get a full PVP spec, and heck, help him out with his dailies. Especially Improved Barkskin is NEEDED. With his spec, you won't get succes, ever.
    About your spec, I only see a Fury PVE spec and a Prot spec, but I guess that's just armory being slow?

Hmm, I'll try it out with the PvE pieces, and as you said, if I die to quickly, I can always switch back.

I have replaced NES with WFS now, think it's working out better, but not had much chance to test yet.

And about my druid partner, he respecs for arena sessions, and then specs back to PvE for raids.
    He does have Imp Barkskin & Natural Perfection in his PvP spec, though he didn't have IS before.

He's still building up his PvP set, so he hasn't been able to go on the offensive much yet.

And for my spec, I switch fury once a week to try and get a DWB from ICC25, so you'll have caught me in that spec, it should be back to arms now though.

And actually, what makes IS so good? Is it just the extra damage? Or something else I'm missing?