Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warlocks need more escape spells.

Anyone else feel like Warlocks got the short end of the stick in terms of escapes?

Currently, we have:

Affliction: Instant AoE fear 45s cd, teleport 30s cd, DC 2m cd
    Demo: DC, teleport
    Destro: DC, teleport, 3s stun 20s cd, succy seduce if available

Thats abysmal compared to other casters. Now lets look at these abilities individually.

-The teleport requires preperation before-hand making it either not available when you need it or annoying to use in BGs.
    -Fear is easily the most counterable form of CC in the game, 3 classes can counter it (DKs, Warriors, Shamans), can be dispelled, trinketed, tremor totemed, an entire race can counter it (undead), and it breaks after 2 dot ticks.
    -DC is on a 2 minute cooldown, way to long for something that only keeps someone back for 3 seconds. It's technically not an escape ability because 3 seconds isn't enough time to get away from someone.
    -Same goes for the 3s aoe stun, not really an escape ability.
    -Succy seduce is the only other TRUE escape abilities we have, and it's not even used in 2 of the 3 specs and even as a Destro, it's still almost never used as a pet.

Thinking about it, a pre-arranged teleport is our only reliable escape ability, and it requires time and location to set up. It works in certain location but requires the lock to remain in that location. If you need to be chasing someone for something, then it's useless.

Now compare our escapes with a Mage's. They have iceblock (clears dots/debuffs in order to invisible, buys time for escape cds to refresh like blink), 3 different forms of ice nova, blink, tons of snares, poly, invisibility, run speed boost (fire), mirror image (like a fd) and I'm probably forgetting other stuff.

I know Locks have to sacrifice some escapes because we have "better survivability" in the form of heals and more HP, but how much does your 500 hp heal/tick corruption really help you when you're getting pounded by a Rogue hitting you for 5k+? Would you rather have 2k extra HP or a reliable ice barrier on a 20-something sec cooldown that absorbs 4k hp and roots everyone in place when they break it?

Is it too much to ask for something more reliable?

Re: Warlocks need more escape spells.

while some may agree with you, i dont. i never hit glad on my lock in arena but ive played many matches and very seldom was a loss because i couldnt get away. (i play aff) with the improved survivability and few cc's we do have it seems to balance itself out. the only part i agree with is mages have way too much .. pain in the ass to chase them around all day.

i woundnt mind a fire / shadow block like how mages has the ice block

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

Well u warlocks already have enough CC id say, ( im a dk) well i Can break 2 fears, but it dosent help me that much against a warlock, affi warlocks r already fullt healed after fear breaks and i can land 2 hits before i run away again like a little girl, i Think u warlocks r quite balanced with ur cc already. QQ about nerfing mage instead ;P then we both gain something

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by noxusnorsk
    Well u warlocks already have enough CC id say, ( im a dk) well i Can break 2 fears, but it dosent help me that much against a warlock, affi warlocks r already fullt healed after fear breaks and i can land 2 hits before i run away again like a little girl, i Think u warlocks r quite balanced with ur cc already. QQ about nerfing mage instead ;P then we both gain something
    AMS?

rofl.. that is all(dk)

True AMS can stop a fear, but normally i dont Get a chance 2 cuz im stunned ( in arena/duels) ams can stop a fear, but cant break fear like lichborn or trinket

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderbolt
    Anyone else feel like Warlocks got the short end of the stick in terms of escapes?

Currently, we have:

Affliction: Instant AoE fear 45s cd, teleport 30s cd, DC 2m cd
    Demo: DC, teleport
    Destro: DC, teleport, 3s stun 20s cd, succy seduce if available

Is it too much to ask for something more reliable?
    As a Shadow Priest, I got dispersion and Psychic Scream (not specced for Horror).
    As Disc/Holy I got Psychic Scream.

Fear, DC, Teleport, AoE fear, Stun, Seduce, Curse of Exhaustion, Aftermath(Or maybe that is mages, that slows you when you crit with fire spells) and I think you got one more talent somewhere, but not sure... yeah.. you got more than most others.
    I doubt it counts as a means to get away, but you always got Sacrifise, gives you time to run LoS from casters and summon the Succubus to seduce.. but as I said, I wouldn't count that.

If you think warlocks got the short-end of anything when it comes to pvp, you really need to think again.

Warlocks are doing great in pvp, period.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

just lol, locks are more than balanced in pvp. Take a look at the top rated 5v5 teams in any bg 80% of the teams have a lock

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer
    while some may agree with you, i dont. i never hit glad on my lock in arena but ive played many matches and very seldom was a loss because i couldnt get away. (i play aff) with the improved survivability and few cc's we do have it seems to balance itself out. the only part i agree with is mages have way too much .. pain in the ass to chase them around all day.
    Agreed, i hate mages. OP class. yes they are

Quote Originally Posted by Rottenbeaver
    Something more like a shadow blink would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    just lol, locks are more than balanced in pvp. Take a look at the top rated 5v5 teams in any bg 80% of the teams have a lock
    :O wow!!! amazing post!.....

Deleted

True AMS can stop a fear, but normally i dont Get a chance 2 cuz im stunned ( in arena/duels) ams can stop a fear, but cant break fear like lichborn or trinket
    i dont remember how long ams is but you are quite immune to magic and shit, during that time you should roflpwn a warlock :>

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    If you think warlocks got the short-end of anything when it comes to pvp, you really need to think again.

Warlocks are doing great in pvp, period.
    Yes we do, but its harder for a warlock to be good than for example melee classes.

warlock with decent gear (furi rele mix) = hard to pwn people but yet manageable.
    Warlock with full Wrathfull = Pretty much fucks anything super fast that isnt above 1,3k resil.

this is hilarious...if you're a lock and you're losing in PvP you're doing something horrible...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

I would like an escape in the demo tree, but that is about it. As pointed out (and I dont really pvp much anymore fwiw) aff warlocks are dominating again, destro has some nifty burst and can stun, etc.

Demo, well demo is like kologarn really.

Demo: I AM REALLY BIG
    PVP: Don't you have any spells?
    Demo: I HAVE A REALLY BIG SOULFIRE
    PVP: Arrrgghh *runs*
    Demo: ITS OK, I CAN'T USE IT YET

The form the escape comes in, don't really mind, a reverse portal could be cool, portal from say 10yards of the exit back to whence you ported initally.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rottenbeaver
    I've heard rumors that they're thinking about turning Banish into an Iceblock type ability for locks. Instead of banishing enemy demons/elementals, we would banish ourself for roughly the duration of Iceblock. I, for one, would gladly welcome a change like this, because Banish has become an ability that has more or less fallen off my action bar.

I believe this was discussed in a blue post way before Cataclysm hit alpha. Not positive, and I'm too lazy right now to go track it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

Trolled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

What? More escape options? You want escape options roll a mage FFS.

You already got insane damage, 2 fears, deathcoil, teleport ... + all your other shennanigans like VW shield, soul link etc.

You play with others like a puppet-on-a-string and are practically immortal as it is.

If you're having problems in PvP then just L2Play .... problem is not warlocks lack of escape options ... its you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhgard
    Agreed, i hate mages. OP class. yes they are
    Yet speaking as a PvE Mage, people can figure that shit out. We have two fucking buttons plus a couple cooldowns. And no, I am not that good at PvP. I have some gear what I lack is the time to learn completely different setup.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.