dps isnt cutting it lately.

ok, i've noticed my dps just isnt what it should be. definitly as of late, with myself being stoped at around that 7.5k bar, i just cant break it no matter what i do.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Tor&cn=Argost
    ^ armory link
    the frost spec is my tanking spec, not my dps spec.

yes i realise my second spec is blank, its mostly because i'm not sure what to do anymore..i was the standered unholy sub frost build for awhile, then switched back to a sub blood build, no change to my dps what so ever.

before i hear crap about my trinket, i must let you know i'm not in a raiding guild. i pugg everything and i never really have the chance to grab things like DBW or DV, even though their supposed to be "easy" its just not the case for me.

Re: dps isnt cutting it lately.

well for one thing..Nerves of cold steel and threat of thassarian in ur frost spec is for dual weilding yet ur weilding a 2 hander which in my head makes no sense. Toughness isnt that useful for a dps spec either since its mostly a tank talent. What i would suggest is respecing it to fit ur 2handed weapon spec and if u like frost start off by putting points in like runic power mastery, endless winter, and max out killing machine. Also take points out of anticipation(unholy), scent of blood and blade barrier(blood) since its tanking as well. also change ur unbreakable armor glyph as well. Also put points in 2-handed weapon specialization in the blood area since it increases ur dmg. I would go 20/51/0 but thats my opinion on a frost-blood spec. My DK is speced unholy-frost so its a bit different and i know i can pull more dps but im not a hardcore raider so im around 8k dps when i see others at like 10k. I bet others can do better than my explanations

...i guess i should have expected that..the frost spec i have isnt my dps spec, thats my tank spec. as for the secondary spec, its blank right now cause i'm unsure what to do, thus the reasoning behind this thread. should i go back to unholy or try blood?..and is there something tramendusly wrong with my gear?..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...atol&cn=Staged

Go with the DPS spec i have. I see your gear fits it the most.

Learn the DPS spec with reaping(you can read more on elitistjerks) on that particular spec.

Sincerely, Faks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Not worth it. FS is fairly high up in your most damaging abilities' list, and gemming ArP would destroy that. The reason Blood can gem ArP is because DC hits like a wet noodle anyway, so losing damage on it is not an issue.

Frost strike, on the other hand, hits a lot harder than a wet noodle. It hits more like a 10-year old bread. Or a solid rock.

I'd say 7.5k isn't too bad for your gear at the moment, especially since you don't have access to high end raid gear.

If I might make a few suggestions - try to grab the t10 chest piece, and get the crafted ilvl264 plate dps legs. Replace your ARP trinket with Darkmoon Card: Greatness (it's WAY better), and I'd recommend going Unholy spec, probably with Frost subspec, although it shouldn't make much of a difference if you subspec Blood instead. You might also consider levelling Jewelcrafting instead of Mining - that'll net you a tidy 42 strength at the cost of 500 hp.

Other than that, read up on rotations/priorities at elitistjerks

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Tor&cn=Argost
    ^armory linky

ok thats what i did for now. still not pulling much more then 7.5k, but i've sim'ed myself at pulling 8k so not far off. next thing i'm aiming for is the haste trinket to replace infuser so that my trinkets wouldnt entirely suck.

as a note though: i dont have the 20k Gold to buy the saronite/ cards to get suggested items, i dont farm gold on a regulor basis, so thus why i have no crafted gear. i'm not worried about it entirely honestly as from what i can see, it wouldnt change much in terms of my dps anyways.

One mistake would be that you bought the emblem cloak before getting 4p t10. You are missing out on a damn near passive 3% damage bonus, get it.

Deleted

not bad, however, a lot of room for improvement considering gems:

head: fierce ametrine
    back: fierce ametrine
    chest: nightmare tear in blue socket.
    gloves: fierce ametrine.
    pants: fierce ametrine in that yellow socket.
    and if i were you, i'd put tuskarr's or cat's swiftness on your boots, or move some points to improved unholy presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall
    not bad, however, a lot of room for improvement considering gems:

head: fierce ametrine
    back: fierce ametrine
    chest: nightmare tear in blue socket.
    gloves: fierce ametrine.
    pants: fierce ametrine in that yellow socket.
    and if i were you, i'd put tuskarr's or cat's swiftness on your boots, or move some points to improved unholy presence.
    i'd actually been working on that X_X need more honor..

also, improved unholy presence would be a major loss in dps, as everything i have is for a reason. i could do swiftness, but at the same time its an overall dps loss when i'm still able to stick with my target almost constantly. it is something i've considered though.

and the reason i got the emblem cape is due to my need for expertise and preparing to switch my helm to a T10 helm. still need to pick up expertise somewhere but its a smaller gap now.

7.5k is definitely not terrible for your gear currently and the OP's have pretty much all have the same idea. DMC:Greatness is huge for non raiding types. 4PT10 - Advantage nealy up 95%+....thats basically a constant 3% + 2% maintaining bone shield in unholy. 8k Sims does not take into consideration user error. You are human. A machine is a machine and your numbers are not going to typically be the same, as well as a sim not taking into account RNG, Encounter type, etc. Fierce vs Inscribed is generally almost unnoticable, and I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to change these unless you have decent haste from items such as winding sheet/sourge reaver legplates etc. even with a frost sub spec, and I would maintain blood subspec due to frost sub spec meant for more scaling in upper tiered gear. Blood subspec doesn't depend as heavily on scaling.

General DK professions are BS/Eng or BS/JC - BS/ENG becoming more favorable for grenades/1 min/320 haste on glove and rocket boots. Raw numbers will put BS/JC over that but again raw numbers take no consideration for RNG/Encounter.

Another common thing OP's mention is read Elitist Jerks threads in depth. I have recently gone frost and enjoy the priority system over a rotation any day of the week. It feels quicker and keeps me on my toes. EJ have great compilations on DPS/BiS Lists. On note for BiS gear - Use what you can obtain - Anything that is an upgrade, is an upgrade regardless of BiS. Look at your stats and see what you want to toy around with. For example even as Unholy I was disappointed at the lack of weight in expertise and tried my best to maintain it at other small sacrifices. ilvl can be very irrelevant for what is the most effective for you.

The final thing I will note is always monitor your buffs in pugs - Are you receiving everything you should be - 20% Melee haste/BoK/BoM/MotW/10% AP/LotP/Mage damage increase/Flasked (ER)/Food (Dragonfin Filet for min/max....FF or AP food is fine however)/Pre-pot speed pot/proper CD/pot usage mid fight. There are a lot of things to take into consideration, and depending how indepth you're willing to get will affect the min/max results you will get in return.