Quest boost after Cataclysm release rumors?

I've heard of a really good idea of grabbing up 25 quests, completing them, and then once Cata comes out, turning them in and getting a great boost on 81.

I've also heard about Blizzard making Northrend quests not give any XP after 80. Is this true? If so, can I get a source link on it?

If it isn't true, Where would be some good locations for big XP quests? I'm sure others would love to know.

Re: Quest boost after Cataclysm release rumors?

Ooo, good idea im totally trying that out anyway, i havent seen anywhere that northrend wont give quest XP after 80 though
    Geeza aka Parilla

Same thing people argued about Isle dailies before WotLK.

They're gonna nerf the EXP of 80 quests when Cataclysm comes out.

i do not think that this makes a lot of sense, and i will not do it, but i think the quests that would give most exp/turnin would be the lvl 80 non-heroic-Instance-quests,
    (like getting loken's tongue etc.). But chances are, you already did those.
    There's only one sane solution: blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM#t=1m03s

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart

I'd expect something like this, but hey! 25 nerfed quests will be better than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart

This.

It's the same things with level 60 quests and levelling from 60 to 61.

The amount of XP needed to level from 60 to 61 is so much larger than the amount needed for 59-60 that level 60 quests simply give just a little XP.

So even if you have 25 quests ready to turn in when Cataclysm is released, they will only grant you a single bar or so. If not less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Ah yeah i remember WOTLK, at 71 i did some Dailys and was only making about 300XP from Dailys
    Geeza aka Parilla

I wanna take my time leveling to 85, and i've gotten the loremaster achievement for all of the level 76+ zones so i cant do it anyway.

Yep, imposible, same was Vanila --> tBC and tBC --> WotLK, XP was reduced and you will get amost non, there was some blue about it when WotLK was comming but dont have link to it

Wont change anything imo,from leaks I saw for 80-81 you will need 3'000'000 XP and normal quests in Cata will give 60k while northrend dailies give what 20k NOW,by then it will 10k if we are lucky. So by the time you turn them in and get to Hyjal/Vashir I would have done 5 quests that would give as much as well as 5q less for my Loremaster
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

XP required for the next level increased so much between TBC and WLK that it wasn't worth it. Probably same thing happens with Cataclysm. It was viable strategy for starting TBC though.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'd personally rather have the money than the tiny bit of xp you'll get.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

The experience gain from non-Cata quests will be nerfed so much that you'll spend much less time&effort if you just wait till you can do Cata quests.

Deleted

Factor in the time it takes for you to do all the turn-ins then get back to the lvl 80 cata questing zone and by the time you have handed them all in others are flooding the area and you are sitting waiting for a quest mob to respawn.

Previous expansions the quest XP was not reduced it is just that the new expansions give typically 50% more XP per quest. eg: BC quests give around 12-15k but Northrend quests gave 20k.

So if the guy above is right and the quests give 60k xp each, and the current icecrown quests give typically 22050 xp. Then your 25 turn ins are worth around 550k xp. Thats around 9 quests in Cata.

Sure have some done and hand in at the guy you logged out beside perhaps but to store up 25 isn't really going to give you any advantage.

The only real advantage would be 25 x 13g = 325 but then again we dont know how much Cata quests will give.

EDIT: well from what I saw Cata quests give 8g so yeah if you turn in 25 dailies you will get basic amount of money + XP, I still dont think its worth it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

It worked BC->WOTLK - you got about 1/3 of your first level if you had 25 high-level quests finished. About the same you got for 3 normal quests in the new zone. So it will work but will not such a great deal. But I will do it again. And don't try it with dailys, those quest xps will be nerfed.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!