Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My first 277tolken... what to buy?

Hey all here is my current setup

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hos&n=Cemetary

With my first tolken I am seriously leaning towards buying the shadow tier chest. My MS is holy and my OS is disco in raids.

Why the chest... well to me it is BiS.. Sanguine is nice however I have a lot of Spellpower (about 4.2k raid buffed) so I believe the stats increase on both crit and haste will be superior to what I could get off any of my healing tier pieces bumped from 264-277. I only have double solace regen trinkets and a lunar dust so throughput trinkets are not an option to swap to for me.. with that in mind the regen i gain from spirit is not especially needed.

I wont' spiel on.. will wait for comments and then discuss would love to hear your opinions thanks guys n gals.
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

Re: My first 277tolken... what to buy?

Looks is most important, so you always upgrade shoulders or chest first. Never even care of what increases your stats the most.
    Looks > stats.
    Main:
    Alts:

Your MS is holy and your OS is discipline. And you want to buy the shadow chest to dps on 2 fights. Makes little sense to me.

Buy the chest! Get another offpiece or just run with 5 pieces of tier simples.

Quote Originally Posted by grogglol
    Looks is most important, so you always upgrade shoulders or chest first. Never even care of what increases your stats the most.
    Looks > stats.
    If you have the shot at 277 tokens I don't think you still have to prove anything to someone by taking looks over stats.

Ay always shoulders or head. Looks > ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    Your MS is holy and your OS is discipline. And you want to buy the shadow chest to dps on 2 fights. Makes little sense to me.
    this
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

Deleted

Seeing that you are MAINSPEC holy, and OFFSPEC disco, get the healing chest for holy, while keeping you current one for disc, and then start hunting for more disco off-pieces (if you haven't already)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori
    Seeing that you are MAINSPEC holy, and OFFSPEC disco, get the healing chest for holy, while keeping you current one for disc, and then start hunting for more disco off-pieces (if you haven't already)
    If the person has only 1 healing tier chest, it gets used up with the token

As a guild leader/officer, if I gave you a 277 token, expecting you to use it for your MS, and i discovered after that you used it for a THIRD hypothetically spec, I would kick you from the guild in a heartbeat.

Or, every other priest, warlock and paladins have 277 t10 for their two specs in your guilds, then it's ok.

Or you're just trolling, which seems more likely.

edit : Or i misunderstood and you plan to use the Shadow chest for healing ? Yeah i thinks that's it. That's a bit selfish then imo.

I'm going to edit out that part because some of you have your blinkers on.. The shadow tier chest is BiS for healing... IS IT NOT? Many of us healing priests bought the shadow tier gear when ICC came out because the holy set bonus' were crap.... did you forget that? I'm saying 264-277 the chest is the biggest stat bump why not take it?
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

Shadow tier chest is BiS for Disc, not for Holy. Heroic Sanguine silk robes are BiS for holy. I'd go for 277 tier legs first if holy is your MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah
    Shadow tier chest is BiS for Disc
    yeah i fully believe it is BiS for disco which i spend 'A LOT' of time playing (almost half my raid time) so that is something that lead me to think seriously about taking it considering how good it would be for me as holy.

Always get Legs, Helm, or Chest. These slots get exponentially more stats than Hands or Shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by grogglol
    Looks > stats.
    :< i think he maybe right

but yeah stats first
    Geeza aka Parilla

10+ Year Old Account

As has been mentioned.

Helm, chest or Legs.

If your Raid leader seen you upgrade an item for looks over stat upgrade he should insta' gkick you for being a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    If your Raid leader seen you upgrade an item for looks over stat upgrade he should insta' gkick you for being a complete idiot.
    Any 264->277 will be a good stat upgrade. Sure, chest instead of shoulder will give you more stats, but it doesn't matter THAT much that you'd get gkicked, unless you're in some super-strict hardcore endgame raiding guild.

Get chest upgraded IMO. Chest slot makes up the biggest part of your appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

/facepalm l2play
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    As a guild leader/officer, if I gave you a 277 token, expecting you to use it for your MS, and i discovered after that you used it for a THIRD hypothetically spec, I would kick you from the guild in a heartbeat.

Or, every other priest, warlock and paladins have 277 t10 for their two specs in your guilds, then it's ok.

Or you're just trolling, which seems more likely.

edit : Or i misunderstood and you plan to use the Shadow chest for healing ? Yeah i thinks that's it. That's a bit selfish then imo.
    Also an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    I'm going to edit out that part because some of you have your blinkers on.. The shadow tier chest is BiS for healing... IS IT NOT? Many of us healing priests bought the shadow tier gear when ICC came out because the holy set bonus' were crap.... did you forget that? I'm saying 264-277 the chest is the biggest stat bump why not take it?
    This guy knows the score.

Lol @ the guy who suggested upgrading shoulders. lulul

If you have the shot at 277 tokens I don't think you still have to prove anything to someone by taking looks over stats.
    I have shots on 277 tokens. And still prioritize looks over anything else.
    Main:
    Alts:

If there are actually GMs or raid leaders that would deny you the opportunity to obtain or upgrade a shadow chest for healing, they need the blinders ripped off. That's just crazy to be so narrow. I think most savvy WoW players are aware that itemization for the intended wearer isn't always optimal, and you may find the best elsewhere. For example, look at how many druid and shaman casters wearing cloth.

When I won a fifth 264 token for mainspec, it did raise an eyebrow for a moment, because there were several people bidding for raiding offspecs. After I told him that 277 shadow chest is BiS for me, it didn't receive a second thought, and that bad boy's still sitting in my bank until I have a heroic token to throw at it. Hopefully tonight!

I have to agree that the shadow chest is so much prettier than the healing chest, and well worth it.

To the OP: go with what your head tells you. You're right to think outside of the box to pick up stats that you actually need over what was designed for you.