Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Need an addon to buyout undercutter.

So theres this douche on my server that undercuts glyphs at a consistant 8-10g, if a glyph is at 150g he will post at 8g, if its at 50g, he posts at 8g, effectively capping the market at 8g and stopping anyone making decent money. Is there an addon that will work out if the price difference is above a certain threshold and auto buy them out, so they can be relisted at the going market rate? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to beat people who intentially cap the market low? Thanks

Deleted

Re: Need an addon to buyout undercutter.

if anything, this person needs a medal.

I absolutely hate the hyper prices of glyphs on my server, they go for roughtl 40g a piece, but your prices are absolutely redundant. I mean, i know gold is rather easy to coem by nowadays, but still. I have to change glyphs quite regulary. This person is trying to normalize the prices if anything.

If you cant make it in one industry - get creative.

just my 2 cents, now bring on the flame, ye ole scribes!

some curios thought:

if he posts it at 8g, why don't you post it at 7g99s99c? you're not getting 50g per glyph, but you're also not getting nothing.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

I won't restate what has already been said, so I'll answer your question.

No.

No there is no auto buyer. As stated before just post your glyphs 1c less than the "undercutter" and all shall be right again.

Glyphs are cheap to make.
    Just some herbs and parchment.
    10-12 gold is reasonable.
    This is a Scribe saying this.
    QED.
    In Stormwind...

((Proud to have participated in the Forum RP Invasion - 15/16th May 2010!))

What will happen, is because glyphs are so cheap to make, he'll keep putting them up because you keep buying them, and you'll be stuck with a surplus of glyphs you can't unload.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

15+ Year Old Account

150g for ANY glyph is like the price hikes on gas right after 9/11... Be ashamed. >:(
    85 - Strongarm - Orc Hunter
    85 - Belligerence - Tauren Warrior
    85 - Thirdmage - Undead Mage
    85 - Jaedena - Human Mage
    80 - Deepstroke - BE Warlock
    80 - Assmasterson - BE Paladin
    80 - Stoic - Human Warrior
    80 - Abigayle - Gnome Mage

Deleted

I would like to meet this person and thank him, I hate everyone who sells glyphs for extremely high prices! Could you please tell me his name and server so I can make a new character to just say thanks. Thank you for being nice to everyone, thank you for not being a greedy bastard like everyone else. Please tell me his name so that I can call him god. May he travel the servers and cleanse the auction house of high prices.

Thanks in advance,
    The Cranberry Chair

Quote Originally Posted by The Cranberry Chair
    I would like to meet this person and thank him, I hate everyone who sells glyphs for extremely high prices! Could you please tell me his name and server so I can make a new character to just say thanks. Thank you for being nice to everyone, thank you for not being a greedy bastard like everyone else. Please tell me his name so that I can call him god. May he travel the servers and cleanse the auction house of high prices.

Thanks in advance,
    The Cranberry Chair
    +1

Man, I was a douche bag for a month. There was a person who would undercut me right after I posted my glyphs. So I posted about 126 different glyphs for 5g each for a month. At least the players who bought my glyphs were happy.

10-12 gold is decent if you get the herbs cheap enough. i buy my herbs and the prices have gone way up. the time it takes to mill them and make the ink and then make the glyphs takes time. so we should get payed for it. plus the amount of time and money it takes to get all the glyphs. those books of glyph mastery still cost a good amount of gold to get them unless you are super lucky and got them all as drops which i doubt.
    i do think 150 gold is really to high though
    hell 50 gold might be pushin it but that depends on herb prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    So theres this douche on my server that undercuts glyphs at a consistant 8-10g, if a glyph is at 150g he will post at 8g, if its at 50g, he posts at 8g, effectively capping the market at 8g and stopping anyone making decent money. Is there an addon that will work out if the price difference is above a certain threshold and auto buy them out, so they can be relisted at the going market rate? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to beat people who intentially cap the market low? Thanks
    Yeah, well, that's what happens when you try to compete with someone who has a better grasp of economics than you do. Moron.

honestly this undercutter deserves a gold medal in win. ur prices are fucking rediculous 50g for a glyph.

10+ Year Old Account

I tend to buy glyphs either early mornings, or late night. Usually the price is 5-15g. Other times they'll skyrocket to 50+g.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrcus
    No there is no auto buyer. As stated before just post your glyphs 1c less than the "undercutter" and all shall be right again.
    Well actually if you setup auctioneer right there is, but im not gonna bother going into detail due the fact that your server obviously needs it's market lowering.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sno
    Well actually if you setup auctioneer right there is, but im not gonna bother going into detail due the fact that your server obviously needs it's market lowering.
    That's what I thought too.

Personally, I don't play the AH game... but my boyfriend does and I remember him having some option to buy everything under a certain price. He uses auctioneer but I don't know anything about the settings or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia
    That's what I thought too.

Personally, I don't play the AH game... but my boyfriend does and I remember him having some option to buy everything under a certain price. He uses auctioneer but I don't know anything about the settings or anything.
    It's the snatch fuction.

You set it up to buy certain items for xG or lower. Then hit the Snatch Button and it will buy everything for under your specified price.

Snatch list on auctionator.

And second point, you do realise that guy is probably making WAY more money than you are ?

How long does it take you to sell a 150g glyph ? a week ?, let's ASSUME you do sell one once a week. 15 glyphs at 10g would cost you what ? an extra 5g to create ? if that. The income is much more stable.

I was like you at the start making 50-60-70g glyphs and hoping for some poor soul to buy them. I've realise I make more by cutting my profits in half and increasing my sales than making HUGE profit on one sale.

I prefer less but more stable income because I actually rely on my sales to reinvest into more markets. Competition is fierce, that's what thresholds and fallbacks are for. If someone flooded on section of the market one day, I just hold back a couple of days until the market is viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    If there is an addon like this i hate them. i was trying to trade 10 saronites from my alli toon to horde using the BB AH and somehow atfer half a sec of them being posted some bot ninja them from me and called me a fucking retard >.>