Tears of the Vanquished, Top 3 trink for Cata 4.0?

With the new int to SP general conversion in Cataclysm patch 4.0 would ToV be now RIGHT behind Meteorite Crystal considering the proc?

Re: Tears of the Vanquished, Top 3 trink for Cata 4.0?

it's way too early to comment on this as we don't even know what the conversion factor will be. Until more cata info is presented, this discussion is kinda pointless.

and when it happens we'll be leveling so its kinda pointless to worry to much about it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    and when it happens we'll be leveling so its kinda pointless to worry to much about it.
    4.0 will hit live at least 1 month before Catclysm goes live, so for people who want to do hardmodes Its somewhat important
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

I doubt it'll be a whole month. They're not adding a new area you simply can't go into without buying the expansion, they're just revamping things. Meaning you can go through most of the new content before the game even comes out.

The stats and Talents might be a bit early, but not 4.0... Way unlikely that they'd do that. People would have already finished all the quest that were supposed to get them from 80 to 82 or so in that time (maybe more).
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    I doubt it'll be a whole month. They're not adding a new area you simply can't go into without buying the expansion, they're just revamping things. Meaning you can go through most of the new content before the game even comes out.

The stats and Talents might be a bit early, but not 4.0... Way unlikely that they'd do that. People would have already finished all the quest that were supposed to get them from 80 to 82 or so in that time (maybe more).
    you will need cata to reach 81 or higher

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

They are quite able to release the pre-cata patch without unlocking the new areas, or even modifying the old ones. In fact they will almost certainly do so well in advance so that they can gauge the success of the new talent builds before Cata hits fully and so that they have a nice juice cata launch event in which land after land is rocked by whatever the f*** is gonna happen.

Remember the pre-wrath zombie invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Oh YES! WTB we now turn into exploding rock creatures. THAT WAS SO FUN
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa
    4.0 will hit live at least 1 month before Catclysm goes live, so for people who want to do hardmodes Its somewhat important
    30% buff
    Correlation does not imply causation.

They will probably re-design alot of trinkets when they are doing that stat change. It is to early to say which trinkets are going to be better. But if you have the extra time, gather a few trinkets and when 4.0 hits do some math to see which one is better.

And why would Tears be the 3rd best trinket? Why not Silver of Pure Ice? SP is most likely becoming INt aswell. It is way to early to know.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    30% buff
    you're not talking about ICC recieving the SECOND 30% buff with 4.0, do you?

Just reason it out.

-They said that they were removing stats like Spellpower/Atk from gear. Since they aren't going to just leave gaping holes on gear where the removed stats were, it's safe to assume they'll be converting each into its respective base stat.

-What decides how much of a stat an item has? Itemlevel.

If you're trinkets are BIS now, they'll remain BIS when the 4.0 patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    They will probably re-design alot of trinkets when they are doing that stat change. It is to early to say which trinkets are going to be better. But if you have the extra time, gather a few trinkets and when 4.0 hits do some math to see which one is better.

And why would Tears be the 3rd best trinket? Why not Silver of Pure Ice? SP is most likely becoming INt aswell. It is way to early to know.
    After I read this it got me thinking. Change SP to INT on trinks and change MP5 to Spirit or just leave the mp5 part alone because in a since its still mana everyone uses and boom Its the same line up as pre cata

I think he meant that the max +30% ICC buff pretty much will negate any difficulty anyone had with doing hardmodes.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    I think he meant that the max +30% ICC buff pretty much will negate any difficulty anyone had with doing hardmodes.
    Ô,ôrly? you might want to try my realm for a week.. god.. awful..

If you couldn't do the reg content with no buff you won't be able to do heroic with the 30%. Some abilities have nothing to do with how much health, healing, or dps you have.
    Look at overgeared tanks getting 2 shot in Old Kingdom by pulling more than 1 Spell Flinger and having no one in party that knows to interrupt.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Atreies
    If you couldn't do the reg content with no buff you won't be able to do heroic with the 30%. Some abilities have nothing to do with how much health, healing, or dps you have.
    Look at overgeared tanks getting 2 shot in Old Kingdom by pulling more than 1 Spell Flinger and having no one in party that knows to interrupt.
    ^

this

having the 30% buff wont save your offtanks from getting oneshotted by the enraged shamblers.

Also the infest will still be hard to deal without the use of cd's, if your priests dont know how to gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    They are quite able to release the pre-cata patch without unlocking the new areas, or even modifying the old ones. In fact they will almost certainly do so well in advance so that they can gauge the success of the new talent builds before Cata hits fully and so that they have a nice juice cata launch event in which land after land is rocked by whatever the f*** is gonna happen.

If by unlocking them, you mean baring entry, then no they can't. Because you wouldn't be able to get around, period. The entire world changes.

The difference between Wrath and this would be that Wrath introduced a new Zone they could bar off, not a new world. They Could make it so you could only go to Northrend and Outlands I suppose, but... It won't happen.

Talent wise? Yeah they can do that, but that won't be 4.0. Because 4.0 is the release version. The release version will have all the world re-made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    you will need cata to reach 81 or higher
    Correct, but since you can go to the areas without it, you'll be able to do the quest already. So if they release it early, people will have done the quest ahead of the release (the expansion's actual release) meaning either A: they have a head start, or B: They turned in the quest and have to grind because they run out of quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].