Deleted

"Spell is not ready"

Hello!

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, as for something to be so annoying I would be surprised had it not been. Anyway, whenever casting a spell you get that annoying sound that plays if something is on cooldown or "Is not ready yet". My question is whether there's any way of disabling said sound. Now, I'm aware that there's the option of disabling the "Error speech" sound in the options, however it's not the character sound I want to disable, it's the other sound that goes with it. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted

Re: "Spell is not ready"

Go to wowinterface.com and search for error. There's many addons there to remove both the sound and/or text.

Deleted

Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter
    Thanks alot!
    Said sound can be turned off in the sound options under "Error Speech" without an addon, addons just hide the message throwouts.

I have actually been looking for a way to get rid of the red text at the top of the screen.
    I have searched through the options for a while and found nothing, so I am assuming I have to get an add-on for it?

15+ Year Old Account

From WoWwiki :

Sound and Message Error Cleaner

When you spam a spell you get sounds and error messages that can be annoying. Using the macro below you will avoid all that. This example is a macro which you can use to spam Arcane Missiles. It will not cut an already channeling Arcane Missile cast, nor will it make the error sound or spam your screen with error messages.

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /run UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    /cast Put you macro here
    /run UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

or

No Error Text or Sound (Improved)

For people that macro cd's into normal spells, such as petattacks, trinkets, everlasting potions, etc. it gets annoying being spammed with "This ability is not ready" and that fun error sound. I've seen a common solution online (similar to the macro above) that fixes this problem with a single issue that's almost as bad as the problem it's fixing.

For people who play without sound to begin with, these macro will -enable your sound- every time you use them. So here is my solution:

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /cast ExampleTrinket1
    /cast ExampleSpell2
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

The overall effect is the same, but my macro checks to see what you sound currently is set to (enabled or disabled), disables it for the error, and then sets it back where you had it. (ex: if your sound was already off, it will prevent the text error without turning your sound on at the end)

* Credit: Xaeros of Shadowmoon
    * Use: Replace "ExampleTrinket1" and "ExampleSpell2" with your cd(s) and abilities, then drag to your bar like a normal macro.
    * Works in 3.3.3a

or

No Error Text or Sound (Improved Again)

This is just like the one above but with an added tooltip that matches the original skill, and doesn't disable sound for the skill's error messages. Sound and error messages for the trinket use are still suppressed though. If you set the name of the macro to a blank space, you can't even tell it's a macro. This one is designed more for trinket use than anything else, but it's here for when you only want to silence one of the two skills this macro uses.

#showtooltip ExampleSpell1
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /use ExampleTrinket2
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
    /cast ExampleSpell1
    If you're running low on characters and you're using this for a trinket, you can replace the use command with "use 13" (for upper trinket) or "use 14" (for lower trinket).

* Credit: Vandalite of Feathermoon, and Xaeros of Shadowmoon for the macro this was based on.
    * Use: Replace "ExampleTrinket2" and "ExampleSpell1" With your cooldowns and abilities, then drag to your bar like a normal macro.
    * Works in 3.3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sno
    Said sound can be turned off in the sound options under "Error Speech" without an addon, addons just hide the message throwouts.
    As I said, it's not the "Error Speech" that I don't want. It's the sound that you get when spamming an ability that's on cooldown, or something that's on the GCD. I found a simple addon that just takes away that sound so all is good

10+ Year Old Account

Packers - Penguins - Gators