Mage leveling (noob)

Hi, I'm about to start a mage for the very first time and I was just wondering what spec I should go.
    I'm going to be leveling in LFG mainly, with some buddies (inc. a tank and healer, so no queues), so what would be the best for that sort of leveling?

Thanks.

Re: Mage leveling (noob)

If most of your leveling is in dungeons then i'd say you should go fire, since your freezes would be broken in dungeons. Also you'll get stuff like blast wave which helps when you get aggro etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

When I was a mage noob in classic I leveled as arcane (I totally did not see fire and frost tabs)
    But when I started to be a bit more educated about the Mage class, I was told to go fire.
    Now it seems that frost has greater survivability.

Arcane: Pew Pew!
    Fire: Oom Oom.
    Frost: I'm ALIVE!!!
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

I'd go frost if i were you, it's what i leveled my mage as and i never had any problems. I was almost always top of the dmg meters and had to use evocation only a few times per run. It's very mana efficient as spells cost little. Once you reach outland you should be pulling some good dps (1k ish at 60) on bosses.
    I went arcane at 64 when you learn Arcane Blast (Least i think it's 64) since that allows you to actually use the arcane rotation, which is good for dmg, and the 2min CD on evoc means you'll never go oom :>

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn
    Arcane: Oom Oom Oom
    Fire: Pew Pew!
    Frost: I'm Alive, but so is my target.
    Fix'd it for you.

Arcane is really bad until you get Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage, and that's at 62, and you still dont have the mana to support it.
    I hate Frost with a passion, sure you stay alive, but the dps you can do is beyond horrible, im almost wondering why you arent healing your target for going into negatives. And the rotation? at least fire has scorches, pyros, blasts.. Frost is like FROSTBOLLLLT FROSTBOLT MOOOAAARRR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

i lvled doing quests as fire.
    fire CC gets NO LOVE! theres tons of options.

but on a different note, yeah i would totally go fire for dungeons, lol, im sure you will have tons of fun experiences!!
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.