Am i doing this right?

Hey i recently rerolled a Mage and Ive been using this site as a reference and ive read the faq and alot of things here i was doing ok but recently my DPS has been slacking, so could yall take a look for me here is my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rms&cn=Guthrix

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

Re: Am i doing this right?

Your like 9% over hit buffed...self buffed, not taking into consideration of boomkins or spriests, get rid of that trinket for something better.

And get rid of that hit rating gem in your shoulder, as for gemming I usually put 2 sp/spi gems in a piece of armour with a bonus of +9 spell power, +23 sp in reds, and +sp/haste in yellows, if the bonus isnt great ill just go straight sp. to each there own though.

10+ Year Old Account

You are massively over hit capped!

Edit: i'm slow

What trinket do you recommend?

I'd probably just grab the intellect trinket from badges, and replace your furious cloak with the wrathful haste one.

Talisman of Resurgence i just got rid of that trinket someone said it was terrible for me

10+ Year Old Account

Better than all that wasted hit

Alrighty will do anything else should i gem less SP?

it's not the best, but the intellect is nice, more uptime during an encounter and the on use isn't terrible, imo its a bigger dps upgrade then the 128 hit that's being wasted on the trinket you have now.

Some mages I find like to gem for socket bonuses, personally I just put the 2 blue gems required for meta, in a socket with a bonus of +9 spell power, so helm and legs in my case, then I put +spell/haste in yellows, when I want the socket bonus, otherwise I just go pure spellpower if the socket bonus isn't worth it.

10+ Year Old Account

Your gemming looks alright for the most part. However i would replace the sp/haste gems that you don't need for socket bonuses with straight sp ones.

Don't take this as gospel though i am no mage expert.

Well I didn't notice the hit and sp gem in my shoulder

But thanks for the support and feel free to post anymore input

get the abysal rune outta reg toc 5m.

screw the talisman!!
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

You have wayy to much hit... 19%
    Only need 17%, with talents (+6%), so only 11%...
    Replace you hit trink with the 128 int 1 from badges..
    Try pick out gear with spirit/crit rating, you have some nice haste as is, and wont hurt 2 drop some in exchange...
    Look at my armory if you want, i pull bout 15k with all my cd's and hero (not in icc)

Edit:
    i personally try and stay with the socket color, so blue id put 10sp + 10 spirit, yellow 10sp +10 haste, red sp

Switch your trinkets to Talisman and Abyssal Rune... You have too much hit already and the Fetish, while it looks like it'd be good, is inferior to the two mentioned earlier...

10+ Year Old Account

Fail reply is fail

Try pick out gear with spirit/crit rating, you have some nice haste as is, and wont hurt 2 drop some in exchange...
    nuff said.

p.s. He's arcane. No mage (regardless of spec) should EVER be looking for spirit on purpose. The only reason for spirit is for 2pT9, which he should be working on replacing anyway. (and which you can still have with MA glitch if you want it).

A better suggestion- read the sticky and do your own research to find out what people who can peak at more than 15k are doing. (and who also know how to gem)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonomi
    Switch your trinkets to Talisman and Abyssal Rune... You have too much hit already and the Fetish, while it looks like it'd be good, is inferior to the two mentioned earlier...
    True the rune is better, I just mentioned the int trinket for ease of availability, can be hard to find a regular 5man toc group, and either way both trinkets mentioned are better then his current hit trinket.

Edit: and also, don't drop haste, like a previous poster mentioned, considering arcane is all casted spells, why on earth would you drop any haste, unless you have a healthy amount, around ~1100 ish

Quote Originally Posted by Guthrix
    Hey i recently rerolled a Mage and Ive been using this site as a reference and ive read the faq and alot of things here i was doing ok but recently my DPS has been slacking, so could yall take a look for me here is my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rms&cn=Guthrix

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
    Your gemming makes next to no sense. You might want to re-read the sticky.

Get rid of Icewalkers asap.

2 pages and im the first guy to realize he took SOTM over TTW?
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png