hey didnt Demo Locks have a new spell for CAT?

I remember a while back that Locks were getting a new cast spell that increase damage of Pets.

whats the name of it? Some reason it not in the sticky.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: hey didnt Demo Locks have a new spell for CAT?

Demon Bolt

ok thx. Did that get removed, or just forgotten?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account

Content removed for breaking NDA

oh my bad, I thought it was in a blue post.

was wondering why it wasnt in the sticky. I guess its not going to be a base spell. so nvm
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

Fixed the Alpha leaks.

Demon Bolt was in a blue post as previous posters have said/linked, and you can of course discuss it all you want.

Sorry if that caused any confusion.

well its my guess but it looks like Blizz is going to make Demo extremely viable for both PVP and PVE

I'm betting on it that it may be THE goto spec for raiding come cata
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

My money is on affliction being the top raid spec ^^
    All dots becoming affected by haste/crit, less reliance on spells with cast-times, and potentially stronger CC all sound like solid benefits over demo/destro in a raid environment.

10+ Year Old Account

So far this expansion they have actually managed to get all three trees working pretty well, although it has taken them all the expansion to get to this point. There are still some pretty fundamental things wrong with the class though; threat reduction, range talents, lack of cooldowns, horribly out of budget talents for example. They seem to realise this, and from what they're saying they're addressing many of these things. Perhaps next expansion will be the Warlock expansion as opposed to the Mage expansion that this has been. And in terms of which is the 'Go To' spec, hopefully they can continue in keeping the balance between the three that they've currently reached.

The range talents could well be getting a little work, since I am sure I saw in a recent blue post the potential of combining the range talents in any tree with hit talents.
    Hopefully this will avoid the current need to spend in the affliction tree for demo or destruction when it offers nothing more than extra chance to hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka
    Perhaps next expansion will be the Warlock expansion as opposed to the Mage expansion that this has been.
    TBC was the "Warlock Expansion". It's Priests' turn.

Also, front page, Demonology will still be casting Shadowbolt, instead of Demon Bolt? So apparently, Demon Bolt isn't a standard nuke?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

Also, front page, Demonology will still be casting Shadowbolt, instead of Demon Bolt? So apparently, Demon Bolt isn't a standard nuke?
    Anub 25 HM called.

Not a spam nuke I'm sure. Will probably just be used to refresh the debuff.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

With demon's third mastery that scales with the stat being tied to demon damage and the introduction of demon bolt, I hope demons start accounting for more damage than 5-20%.

Demon Bolt. However, according to certain alpha testers, it does not currently have an in-game effect or appropriate tool tip, so in the end, we don't exactly know what all it will end up doing. In a recent blue post they said they life Demonology and Affliction using Shadow Bolt as their spam nuke, so Demon Bolt would probably end up on some sort 8-12 second cool down to act somewhat like Destruction's Chaos Bolt or Affliction's Haunt. It will probably have a 1.5 second cast time and would take priority over Shadow Bolt/Incinerate (maybe even Soul Fire?). Unlike Chaos Bolt over Incinerate, it probably won't directly be a higher damage dealing spell. It will probably be similar to Haunt if the whole increasing damage done by pets thing is accurate. Haunt doesn't deal more damage than a typical Shadow Bolt/Drain Soul tick, but it gives a buff to your other damage that overall makes it more important to cast to keep the debuff up than casting Shadow Bolt. I suspect Demon Bolt will be very similar in that nature - the damage buff it provides demons (if it does) is high enough to make keeping the buff active more important than casting Shadow Bolt/Incinerate/Soul Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

woudlnt mind demo being main spec for cata, or affliction, just hate crit- rolling :/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr
    woudlnt mind demo being main spec for cata, or affliction, just hate crit- rolling :/
    Crit rolling goes away in cataclysm.

All specs are getting a utility spell. Fel Flame is the same as that priest ability for killing short-lived adds, while at the same time being rotational to refresh your UA. Since it also deals fire damage, I expect it to have some destro utility too (Refresh immolate gogogogo). Demon Bolt will (hopefully) be an instant nuke that buffs your pet for the duration of the cooldown, if there is one.

R.I.P. YARG

WoTLK was priest and Paladins turn as well
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Demo has BoD, Corruption, the new spell, and Shadow Bolt / Incinerate (depending on Molten Core). Again, that will change depending on exact encounter mechanics.
    This from GC suggests that Demon Bolt will replace Immolate in our Demo rotation.