Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So I found someone AH botting...

This guy I constantly see at random odd hours of the day and night, standing int he same place, sort of between the SW mailbox and the door; he always puzzled me. For some unknown reason it clicked in my head tonight: he can access both the mailbox, and the auctioneer (through the wall) from that spot.

I came to the realization tonight that he very well may be AH botting.

Without fail, anything you post that this guy also has posted is almost immediately, without fail, pulled down and re-posted 1 copper less than you have posted the item. Conversely, it appears that if you post an item below a "threshold" he appears to have set for that item, he immediately buys it out.

whatever program he is running appears to keep a certain amount of items such as gems posted. He never has less than 5 of any particular cut of gem on the AH, and I've sat and watched him cut a gem, then wave goodbye to the auctioneer through the wall of the auction house.

What is really awesome is the tool is doing it all on what appears to be his main.

What is the "best" way to ensure this bastard gets nailed?

Re: So I found someone AH botting...

It's not botting, this is how players make million gold.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It would not be impossible that it is just some insanely gold-hungry guy, hammering out gems at all hours of the night, I'll give you that.

But the speed with which he pulls auctions down and re-posts is pretty close to non-human.

On another note: I just found his threshold for buying out runed cardinal rubies...and I'm not sure I won't just offload a million of them to him~

what is this , CSI auction house ? lol

on a serious note I believe you can not do anything to nail that guy down, I also believe that blizzard already knows about such bots.

Chinese gold farmers
    They're everywhere!
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

1) Don't mind these guys
    2) Put all of your gems up there just below his threshold
    3) ??
    4) Profit, literally
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Well, you can always write a ticket. There is the slight possibility that they will do something someday. Or, you can try to find some way to exploit that bot, so that it either loses money, or ends up with lots of useless stuff it will never get rid of. No idea how you could do that, but there probably is some way.

Doubt they'll waste their time to investigate a guy who could even be pro at making money. Tho this guy seems to be inhuman so good luck with making a ticket
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Its not a bot he is using auctinator.
    Press the "check for undercuts" button and it takes down all auctions that has been udnercutted and listing them again is increadibly fast

Deleted

My server (Trollbane-EU, alliance side) has been suffering of a chinese Ah farmer using a bot for a few weeks now. The guy uses multiple (probably hacked) accounts to craft his stuff, then post it with a diff accounts character. This way he was holding the complete JC market, the Scrolls of Enchants market and more. There was no way of undercutting him because every 5 minutes he'd make his way from the AH guy in SW to the mailbox and vice versa, undercutting everyone in his way. He stashed an 80 hunter in the middle of the AH that refilled his mats that run out, to craft new gems and new scrolls. Been a fucking pain to make some money on AH for a while now.

This morning I found out he got banned. Finally. His level ones got banned multiple times, never the hunter tho. Finally.

[Edit] Why do we know it's a bot? You could undercut him to 6g on gems and buy his epic gems of the AH for cheap, sometimes the person behind the bot would check and buy your cheap auctions, but I sure made alot of money from ripping his gems

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    It would not be impossible that it is just some insanely gold-hungry guy, hammering out gems at all hours of the night, I'll give you that.

But the speed with which he pulls auctions down and re-posts is pretty close to non-human.

On another note: I just found his threshold for buying out runed cardinal rubies...and I'm not sure I won't just offload a million of them to him~
    Everything you have described is possible with the Quick Auctions addon. Nothing new to see here. That is, if the "player" keeps sitting there and constantly scans for undercut auctions.

Hmm my recommendation if they are botting is... don't report, extort!! Send him an ingame mail and threaten to report him if he doesn't pay you a weekly stipend or something.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam
    Hmm my recommendation if they are botting is... don't report, extort!! Send him an ingame mail and threaten to report him if he doesn't pay you a weekly stipend or something.
    You. Win.

its not botting, its common sense, a /tar auctioneer jaxon macro + keybinding the interact action allows you to use the AH and mailbox without moving. It all still has to be done manually without any automated help.

Like it matters now with the mobile AH

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

i think there are to many cheater sto get rid of them all so i sugest that you just leave him be or you will just waste your own valuable time
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    i think there are to many cheater sto get rid of them all so i sugest that you just leave him be or you will just waste your own valuable time
    Sounds stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi

never heard of auctioneer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Like it matters now with the mobile AH
    Ah shit...

Guess China suffers from finger stress soon?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    Remember in Family guy when Brian's new bimbo girlfriend says something along the line of "I think there are things the government feel they can't tell us, and frankly, I think we should just accept that."

This was followed by a deserved facepalm.

Yes. You sound just like her.