Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tiny abomination in a jar

Hey guys.

I need to replace one of my trinkets of my Enhancement shaman and I was thinking about taiaj
    (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50351/ti...ation-in-a-jar)

I used google to find some good information about this item but I couldn´t really find any and so I wanted to ask here: How good is this trinket for an enhancement shaman?

is it possible to get some reliable information how good this item really is? compared to e.g. whispering fanged skull too?

thanks in advance

Letharg

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Tiny abomination in a jar

Not sure if Taiaj is better then Wfs for a shammy. But id guess it depends on what type of weaps you use, since taiaj gives a chance every hit and that you gain one, so 1100ap for 15 sec or 8 procs and 50% weap damageno idea really...
    but id go for Wfs.

Deleted

as always with enhancment shamans: sim it. there is no reason not to, i have made a guide on how to do it.

not this again...plz just sim it
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

This trinket is only good if you are breaching Crit cap. I have both WFS/ TaiaJ and have already found myself using WFS until I breached the hit cap and found myself unable to gain hit at the cost of haste.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

to the subject "sim it" i tryd to sim it in rawr but it doesnt really work. Taiaj´s procc seems not to be in that program

Quote Originally Posted by Letharg
    to the subject "sim it" i tryd to sim it in rawr but it doesnt really work. Taiaj´s procc seems not to be in that program
    Enhsim.
    My Enhancement Shaman Site - www.Iwindfury.blogspot.com

Deleted

http://enhsim.codeplex.com/

and check the gemming and simming link in my signature for hints on how to use it.

edit: if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in that thread.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Letharg
    It should be in v2.3.19. Well a decent stab at it anyway.

Yeah, this is definitely something you have to simm. The BiS list has the heroic TAIJ in it's list but when I simmed it out with my current gear DBW came out highest above the TIAJ and the 251 WFS.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Yeah, this is definitely something you have to simm. The BiS list has the heroic TAIJ in it's list but when I simmed it out with my current gear DBW came out highest above the TIAJ and the 251 WFS.
    This is because of it's amazing scaling. In BiS gear, the heroic taiaj is fantastic. In lower gear, not so much. This trinket is also likely to be the best one if you run the same trinkets up to 85, for the exact same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

sup, i've already sim it TAIJ (heroic version) + Herkuml War Token and i'm getting this 11158.67 dps and with deathbringer will (heroic version) + Herkuml War Token i got this 11224.42 dps
    so my question the EnhSim has the real proc for TAIJ?? cuz according to what I read TAIJ should be the BiS for us???

Quote Originally Posted by stangerxx
    sup, i've already sim it TAIJ (heroic version) + Herkuml War Token and i'm getting this 11158.67 dps and with deathbringer will (heroic version) + Herkuml War Token i got this 11224.42 dps
    so my question the EnhSim has the real proc for TAIJ?? cuz according to what I read TAIJ should be the BiS for us???
    It is BiS when you are IN BiS gear, because of its scaling. If you do NOT have BiS gear already, TAIJ won't perform as well for you as it would for someone in BiS gear.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

TAJ and TOKENTRINK are bis

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t88300-e...on_3_3_onward/

there is your sim

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    TAJ and TOKENTRINK are bis

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t88300-e...on_3_3_onward/

there is your sim
    that only applies to the Heroic version of the trinket and only with that gear setup. OP isn't close that level so just flashing the EJ BiS list is pretty meaningless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Simple.
    If you have access to heroic WFS, but not heroic TAiaJ, then WFS is your choice. Otherwise, TAiaJ is.
    Regardless of what all these people shouting OMG SIM IT Q_Q and OMG THIS IS STUPID say it's simply, regardless of your gear aslong as you're in reasonable ICC-level items, is always going to be the case. TAiaJ is a trinket that _SCALES_, and without the gear to back it up it really isn't something worth going for at a 264 level.

P.S. all the idiots screaming to sim it, guess what, TAiaJ doesn't sim properly, so suck dick on that smartass answer. It's a valid question.
    Last edited by wordup; 2011-06-13 at 12:05 AM.

Even without simming it I would have to say (assuming you are hit capped) its just not that great. The fact that it only attacks for 50% of weapon damage from ONE of your weapons means its designed for a 2h class.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Even without simming it I would have to say (assuming you are hit capped) its just not that great. The fact that it only attacks for 50% of weapon damage from ONE of your weapons means its designed for a 2h class.
    Wrong, wrong and WRONG in so, SO many ways.

It procs windfury, or flametongue. Both of which are huge sources of damage. Saying something like that clearly means you haven't researched the subject of this trinket at all for enhancement shaman.

EDIT: Might want to also point out we stack it just as fast, if not faster than a Ret paladin also. Not to mention if it does happen to proc windfury that's what, potentially 18k bonus damage if both crit in a BiS player compared to a much lower number from rets. (:

Quote Originally Posted by wordup
    P.S. all the idiots screaming to sim it, guess what, TAiaJ doesn't sim properly, so suck dick on that smartass answer. It's a valid question.

P.S. It's called enhsim, everyone but you already knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    As stated above, this is so completely wrong. You should have data to support your answers. If you did, you'd know that BiS setup uses token trinket and Heroic TAiaJ, and that even with a full 264 or 264 277 mix, most sims will have trinkets look like this:

WFS < TAiAJ (this will vary around gear level, but they will be close) < HWFS

I'm not going to include the heroic TAiAJ or the DBW in that because I don't know off the top of my head where they would fit like the others.

/edit

Quote Originally Posted by wordup
    EDIT: Might want to also point out we stack it just as fast, if not faster than a Ret paladin also. Not to mention if it does happen to proc windfury that's what, potentially 18k bonus damage if both crit in a BiS player compared to a much lower number from rets. (:
    We stack around the same rate as rogue/paladin, but I would not say that we stack more. While I haven't seen others data, I personally don't have any of myself getting in more procs than a paladin with any regularly, it's actually usually similar or less. Even with two weapons and fast attack speed, paladins have a high proc rate as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii
    This is because of it's amazing scaling. In BiS gear, the heroic taiaj is fantastic. In lower gear, not so much. This trinket is also likely to be the best one if you run the same trinkets up to 85, for the exact same reason.
    as vargarii fittingly said: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50351

you have a roughly 50% chance per hit to proc a mote, so this trinkets stacking speed is directly affected by being expertise capped, having increased hit chance ( up to hit cap ) and increasing haste lvls.

the proc, a strike of one of your weapons doing 50% damage, is affected by weapon-speed/damage, but also attackpower ( ap/str/agi/int ), critical strike chance (crit-rating and agility) and arp.

to make it short: except stamina and armor, every single stat point on your gear will increase the value of the trinket.

and because the scaling is so great, the need of one mote less for the proc from the 277 version makes a big difference.

on low gear lvls wfs, dbw and deaths choice will usually come out higher. even at my gear lvl dbw 264 sims higher than the 264 Taiaj.

though that may change with my new 277 bb. gotta go simming :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.