Best Hunter Heirlooms

So... as the topic tittle states i wanted to know what Heirlooms are the best... ofc i already have the bow. but what kind of chest and shoulder to buy? and also do the trinkets offer a good boost? will i feel the difference if ill buy the mana on kill or health on kill ones?

cheers Beckers.

Re: Best Hunter Heirlooms

Remember, if your getting the gear for the expansion that mana goes away for Hunters. 8)

Im starting a hunter from scratch... and from what i know heirlooms wont work past 80 :P

Of course your take the mail stuff with agi, int and attack power. Even though it is mail it will be leather before 40 so you can equip it. Can't say much about the trinket (you would use the haste one if anything)
    I recommend going marksman for levelling, even though everyone says BM. But even without heirlooms you still pull aggro off your pet as BM if you play your hunter decently, with heirloom stuff it is even easier. I levelled a BM hunter to the high 60s... my MM hunter is currently 51 -without heirlooms- and it is much more fun. But in the end it is up to you.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account

I went with the Mail shoulders and chest along with 2 of the daggers. As for trinkets, I use 2 of the spellpower ones... You really don't lose much health and your constantly using mana. And Arcane shot is your primary shot for awhile...

Just my 2 cents...

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

The mana ones give sp, the health ones give haste. Neither are really that great for a hunter.

I'd stick with the bow, chest/shoulders, and a couple agi weapons with agi enchants.

I'm fairly sure the leather ones are better than mail, but not enough to make a difference.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Just dont use the heirloom axe wich i see 90% of the leveling hunter with. Strength is not your stat .

Get the cloth. It'll work on all your toons, and let's be honest, you want it for the EXP bonus, not the stats. The stats won't make much of a difference, and the emblems you save can be spent on other stuff, like gems. The weapon is the important thing, in terms of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertor
    I went with the Mail shoulders and chest along with 2 of the daggers. As for trinkets, I use 2 of the spellpower ones... You really don't lose much health and your constantly using mana. And Arcane shot is your primary shot for awhile...

Just my 2 cents...
    But don't misinterpret this as that Arcane shot benefits from spellpower. Really never take something with spellpower (except maybe the trinkets if you can use the mana return, I found them pretty useless)

Quote Originally Posted by SobeBauxite
    Get the cloth. It'll work on all your toons, and let's be honest, you want it for the EXP bonus, not the stats. The stats won't make much of a difference, and the emblems you save can be spent on other stuff, like gems.
    And just don't listen to this. The stats make a big difference (especially if you go non-bm). Also you can use the mail stuff if you don't have a shaman yet (I recommend to get one up to 80 as enhancement at least )
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

If your going for leveling speed, get both the leather/mail PVE ones, ring and every pve weapon. (certain weapons/armor are better at diffrent levels)

But if your just leveling to 80 and want the exp boost +easy/good weapons, go with double daggers with agi, and the bow.

And just a note, at some levels you can replace the weapons (not the shoulders/chest/ring) with better ones. Its semi-rare, but you will occasionally find one.

Don't get the cloth. First of all, you may not even be interested in leveling anything but a hunter, and second, with triumph badges raining from the sky, it is not hard to build up enough for another heirloom set.

Definitely go for the Hunter/Enhancement Shaman mail gear. My heirloomed hunter (with the shoulders, chest, two daggers (with +15 agility), bow and two haste trinkets) has been extremely powerful except when it comes to mana. I know we have AotV, but it is not so much fun to have to switch to it after 3-4 kills. Basically, intellect will be in short supply on your gear so you might as well pick it up anywhere you can get it, and no better place to do that than on your heirloom items.

I have considered using the two spell power mana trinkets I have for my clothie alts to get mana back, but I just never got around to mailing them over. Maybe I will try that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SobeBauxite
    Get the cloth. It'll work on all your toons, and let's be honest, you want it for the EXP bonus, not the stats. The stats won't make much of a difference, and the emblems you save can be spent on other stuff, like gems. The weapon is the important thing, in terms of your damage.
    I would agree with this, but badges are so easy to get, just buy everything and have a blast. I have the cloth, leather, and plate, as well as a mix of all of the weapons for any class. Any alt I want to make is fully covered...forever (and I still have way too many badges).

just get all you can get.

I have 2 haste trinkets (I really like the mana regen better but SP don't do much, ples I could use haste trinkets on ALL alts)

the Bone Bow, of course, looks great with Noggerfogger

2 dagger with 15 agi chants

herod shoulder

mail chest

prepare the scope for all levels.
    and ammo.

any other spec, you kill fast enough it doesn't matter. if you level in BG, get Aimed Shot at least, and 6 yards extra range.

YOU REALLY NEED MANA. MANA. MANA.

so I suggest speccing MM

I sugest speccing marksman until level 60. on level 60, respec to survival for Explosive shot ^.^