Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

demon hunters as a hero class

With demon hunters as a hero class they could work for the inevitable saegeras expansionas we're gonna be against a hell of a lot of demons. They could be trained by the demon hunter who is currently in nagrand, and the blind fold on the eyes would be like deathknight blue glow. They would still start at 55so they still go through outland and stuff.

Class passives

Demon sight: Tracks demons
    excesive training: Stamina increased by 5%
    Demon form: works like warlock metamorphisis

Warglaive would be the DH version of a runeblade and They could have a demonic poisoning thing like runeforging.

So wat do u think?

EDIT: list of possible spells

At level cap

Flame Crash: 1.5 sec cast, 10 yard AoE dealing 5k fire damage per tick for 2 minutes centred on the ground at player’s current target
    Draw Soul: 1.5 sec cast, frontal cone AoE dealing 5k shadow damage and healing target for 100k HP per tick, resistible (shadow)
    Parasitic Shadowfiend: 30 sec cooldown, random target 10 second debuff, dealing 3k shadow damage per tick, spawning 2 Parasitic Shadowfiends on expiration
    Agonizing Flames: Phases 3 + 5 only, 5 yard AoE centred on the ground on a random player for 5k fire damage plus a Fire DoT debuff on all affected players for 36k damage over 60 seconds (increasing damage on each tick, final tick is ~4.6k fire damage)
    Soft enrage: only, after 40 seconds player increases his attack speed by 30% and damage by 50
    Shadow Blast: 20 yard AoE for ~11k shadow damage centred on target; cast every 2 sec, resistible.
    Flame Burst: 20 sec cooldown, 3.5k fire damage to all surrounding monsters plus extra splash damage to players closer than 5 yards to each other. Resistible.
    Shadow Demons: ~40 seconds into the phase, 4 Shadow Demons with ~22k HP spawn at player’s position. They target random raid members and paralyze (stun) them, then move slowly towards their targets, kill them when they're there, then target somebody else.
    Aura of Dread: A 15 yard aura around player for 1k shadow damage per second also increasing Shadow Damage taken by 30%. This effect stacks over time.
    Fireball: Deal fire damage 3k-4k in 10 yards radius.
    Eye Beam: 30 second cooldown, putting a blue trail of Demon Fire on the ground. Monsters standing in this fire when it lands take ~20k Shadow damage. The Demon Fire trail lasts for 1 minute and deals 2k fire damage per second to monsters standing in it
    Dark Barrage: 40 sec cooldown, random target, 3k shadow damage per second for 10 seconds
    Crazies are crazies, their sex doesn't matter. =]

Garrosh Hellscream: GARROSH SMASH PUNY HUMANS!!!! RAAAAW

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: demon hunters as a hero class

sounds to much like a ripoff kind of thing
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

so basically its a deathknight with warlock skill + warglaives? lots of posts about demon hunters and shit .. read them. if there will be another hero class wait to see what it is, dont speculate the same nonsense that others have in a worse way .. im pretty sure blizz knows what there are doing .. lol ... why combine dk+warlocks to make a new class wasnt it OP enough as just SL/SL or as just DK s6? think it was.

the most probable class is most likely to be something based on a game coming out to compete with cataclysm aka guildwars2 or even their own D3/sc2. if people find something they like in one of those games BAM there it is next xpac to make you come back.

there will never be hero classes. and no, DK is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff
    there will most probably never be more hero classes. and yes, DK is the only one currently.
    Fix'd that for you.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Except blizzard said they want to do more hero classes. And btw DK is one
    Nope.

4 abilities demonhunters had, Immolation aura, Mana burn, Dodge(passive), and Metamorphosis all of them used by other classes. immolation aura was first changed to immolate then immo aura was added too :>

also demon hunter have only been nighelves, do you want some orc demon hunter? ._.
    also.. those passives are what you would give demon hunters if they were a race not a class, would be pretty op to have some op racial of humans or ud or something and that too..
    ALSO... that demonic poisoning sounds very similar to what rogues have.
    and something else (trying not to say also) do we need another 3 speccs to balance around? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log
    4 abilities demonhunters had, Immolation aura, Mana burn, Dodge(passive), and Metamorphosis all of them used by other classes. immolation aura was first changed to immolate then immo aura was added too :>

also demon hunter have only been nighelves, do you want some orc demon hunter? ._.
    also.. those passives are what you would give demon hunters if they were a race not a class, would be pretty op to have some op racial of humans or ud or something and that too..
    FAIL... it was evasion not dodge :P
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

As stated "hero class means u start at lvl55" nothing more, Don't care thou i just want blizz to make it it's the only original class we don't have ( others are either too close to current classes or wont work in WoW ) ^^

and btw demon hunters are kind of like spell breakers so they can work on that and merge the ideas of Demon hunter and spell breaker (like they did for DK class - rune master, necromancer u get the idea)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log
    There's alot of blood elf demon hunters. Some humans too.

Besause im speechless at another DH thread, im just gonna post a funny picture.

http://yfrog.com/9efalgharlalalgalj

Well, if they were to implement Demon Hunters, it'd make sense if they started off in Nagrand.
    Outland = Demons etc.
    Not to mention their tutor, the name slips away from my mind, but he has a Netherdrake next to him.

Anyway.
    Spectral Sight - Track Demon and Undead.
    Immolation Aura - Much like Ret Aura, does passive damage when attacked
    Mana Burn - Much like a Priest, causes Shadow Damage and eats away at their mana.
    Metamorphosis - All stats increases by 10% for amount of time, increases damage by 30% aswell.

Those are just ideas, I'm not really a fan of Demon Hunters...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone347
    As stated "hero class means u start at lvl55" nothing more, Don't care thou i just want blizz to make it it's the only original class we don't have ( others are either too close to current classes or wont work in WoW ) ^^
    I could've swore Blizz said something along the lines of "Hero Classes are just a class based upon the Hero-characters of WC3"

*shrug*

Paladin ?!? no that might have been the initial idea but the only diff thing bout a DK and another class is his start lvl

Death Knight 2.0!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Paladin ?!? no that might have been the initial idea but the only diff thing bout a DK and another class is his start lvl
    So the difference between a mage and a death knight, is that the death knight starts at levle 55?

15+ Year Old Account

and btw demon hunters are kind of like spell breakers so they can work on that and merge the ideas of Demon hunter and spell breaker (like they did for DK class - rune master, necromancer u get the idea)
    A hero class isn't only that you start at level 55, you are insanely op for 6 months before fixed correctly in most talent trees.

^ yeah when u have the initial flaw that every spec should be able to tank and dps ( at the start of wotlk the tank spec was 5/5/5)
    that's what the end result is.... demon hunters aren't tanks so no initial game design flaw pure dps all the way

yeah dk's = demon hunters = have next to no Armor( meaning leather ) + go only dual wield + have fel / arcane powers + transform into demons + have similarities with rogues.... i think there is a flaw in the equation

ps my spelling sucks, i know that

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    sounds to much like a ripoff kind of thing
    Sounds like a perfect job for Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Suduki
    So the difference between a mage and a death knight, is that the death knight starts at levle 55?
    yes, thats what make them a ''hero class'' and not a demi god