Thread: disc/shadow 2's

disc/shadow 2's

On my 2's team it is me, a disc priest, and a shadow priest. We hit 1450 at one point and have all the gear you can get up to that rating, went something like 100-75 to get there, but after that seem to have no real chance to advance even to 1500, let alone a respectable rating of 1800.

I'm just wondering if we even have the tools to succeed in arena with this comp? If so, how would you do it?

Re: disc/shadow 2's

Pretty much no team with multiple of its class on it is going to do THAT well (2v2,3v3) because they share almost everything. Sure these teams look great in youtube videos against 1300 people and you can really smoke a couple of teams.. but once you start facing better people your COMPLETELY shared DR starts to own you. Your shadowpriest can't shield because it's will just be a really terrible shield for the same Forbearance (Idk remember the name for the priest shield, I play a paladin :X) and people won't fall for the same tricks as the no 1300 brackets.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

The exception is/was Prot in Ret gear + Prot in Healing gear, god what an annoying comp, two unkillable targets, two short cd hammers, two avenger's shields, dual dispells, both un-able to go OOM(at least not in the long run). The joy of 45 min matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Pretty much no team with multiple of its class on it is going to do THAT well (2v2,3v3) because they share almost everything. Sure these teams look great in youtube videos against 1300 people and you can really smoke a couple of teams.. but once you start facing better people your COMPLETELY shared DR starts to own you. Your shadowpriest can't shield because it's will just be a really terrible shield for the same Forbearance (Idk remember the name for the priest shield, I play a paladin :X) and people won't fall for the same tricks as the no 1300 brackets.
    Well theres a holy pala/ret pala comp at 2.4k on misery BG somewhere, but double priest ew no.